What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

toxic masculinity

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
anyone interested in really exploring the subject mentally should have a listen to Jorden Peterson.

Jordan Peterson - "Masculinity is not toxic" - part 2 of interview

[YOUTUBEIF]szBKI9Eg0fE[/YOUTUBEIF]

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
it's difficult to put my finger on a lot of this stuff, but this video goes in pretty hard with t.v. tropes and toxic masculinity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3-hOigoxHs

[YOUTUBEIF]X3-hOigoxHs[/YOUTUBEIF]

especially at the end... men's feelings = more important than womens' safety or comfort

it woulda been great if she said "i'm sorry... sorry i didn't press charges sooner, bitch you're goin to jail!"

T

Teddybrae

You may have noticed there was an elephant in the room of the 'white privilege' thread.
No one mentioned the Sense of Entitlement that white people have (generally) in regard to persons of colour. And in my view that sense of entitlement also extends to most men in regard to women.
A Sense of Entitlement is NOT Liberty. It is social and cultural License.
Where I live is a backward Cattle raising area.. It is not unusual to hear a local say, as if musing: "Yeah. Funny sorta cattle them women".

'toxic masculinity' - I know there's a tie-in to 'white privilege' somewhere waiting to be explored!;)

T

Teddybrae

Tut tut, Gypsy. Those values can be upheld to support ANY masculine cause. Nice to think we softer men hold to some of those values tho'.
- There are gentlemen - and there are louts - and a big assortment in between - said my old Mum once - 'Who would you rather be?' -

- She told me that 'Ladies always come first' - so I still open doors, and pull chairs out at tables - showing due respect to the ladies - which like gentlemen seem to be in short supply these days - change isn't always for the better -

- The age of CHIVALRY is not dead - yet! -

View Image

* although the bit about (number 5) 'honouring those above your station' - is a bit much - unless you lived below Paddington Station - and someone really honourable lived above you -

- ehhh - 14 and 15 not on the agenda either - lol

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
my whole thing is... treat people like humans, holding doors is a universal courtesy.

i think some dudes hold doors, give gifts, compliment looks... and like teddy points out, feel entitled.

just because you thought it would be charming to spend 5,000 dollars on a horse statue doesn't mean the gift reciever owes anything in return. not time or attention, and certainly not a date.

no absolutely means no, if she is declining your advances, than fuck right off.

there's the whole "nice guys" idea... a "nice guy" feels entitled to get some poon tang just because they went out of their way to pretend to know what "nice" means. if they'd just take some mushrooms and look inward, they might realize that thinking of a woman as "poon tang" and feeling entitled is probably why they can't get a date.

sure, in the 80s guys could smack a stranger's ass, make completely sexist remarks, and women would generally put up with it but times have changed. no longer are we (civil society) expected to show patience for these creepy fucks. i hate many 80s movies now because of how disgusting the male protagonists typically are.

and somehow they always "get the girl"... musta been a man that wrote that movie

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i can't imagine being a female in a place like afghanistan or friggin papua new guinea?!... there's third world countries where women are still completely treated as being property and completely subhuman. scary.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i can't imagine being a female in a place like afghanistan or friggin papua new guinea?!... there's third world countries where women are still completely treated as being property and completely subhuman. scary.

you don't have to go that far. got enough of that shit right here in the south...

Sunshineinabag

'toxic masculinity' - I know there's a tie-in to 'white privilege' somewhere waiting to be explored!;)

Axl rose sang.

..with your bitch slap rapping and ur cocaine tongue ya get nothing done....booom woke culture....
.I'm gonna move to Vermont .....no job waiting for me..I'll just hand out downtown till some desperate women on welfare and section 8 will foolishly house me while I sell crack and fetynal outa her place of residence get her hooked...treat her like a prostitute....then when I'm busted claim your racially profiled and a victim lmaop ...
My gawd:smoke out:

You may have noticed there was an elephant in the room of the 'white privilege' thread.
No one mentioned the Sense of Entitlement that white people have (generally) in regard to persons of colour. And in my view that sense of entitlement also extends to most men in regard to women.
A Sense of Entitlement is NOT Liberty. It is social and cultural License.
Where I live is a backward Cattle raising area.. It is not unusual to hear a local say, as if musing: "Yeah. Funny sorta cattle them women".

I read your post and puked into my own mouth...keep your racism to yourself and stop projecting that crap onto the rest of us...if your a racist that is fine, punish yourself..but fuck the hell off labeling other white people for your own inner feelings... gaslighting is a trend I see so much today...racist youth pushing their own inner demons onto others..

this is beyond delirious to me LOL

the white man hate here is so thick you could spread it on toast and eat it, gooey ugly and smelly like rancid bacon grease.. the double standards of judgment have never been so visible... you lump all white and all men into one homogeneous group...if your a white man your a evil racist woman hater with toxic masculinity ...LOL fuck me you kids are fucked...talk about weak willed little pussies caving to the social pressure to throw yourselves onto the proverbial sword of progressive leftism

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
so we know how you feel about race, what about the worldwide treatment of women? do you have any thoughts on how women are portrayed in the media? or how some cultures still perpetuate the second class citizenship of women, or perhaps how we have progressed (or not) in western society with these issues?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

the white man hate here is so thick you could spread it on toast and eat it, gooey ugly and smelly like rancid bacon grease.. the double standards of judgment have never been so visible... you lump all white and all men into one homogeneous group...if your a white man your a evil racist woman hater with toxic masculinity ...LOL fuck me you kids are fucked...talk about weak willed little pussies caving to the social pressure to throw yourselves onto the proverbial sword of progressive leftism

the only idiot greater than those that lump all white people as being homogeneous is the guy who is offend by a notion that does not reflect reality.

It is really easy to manipulate people who are rooted in emotion.

This is how propaganda exploits implicit biases such as systemic racism and white privilege.

Imagine having such selfish and limited sense of being that the only thing that matter is one's self because that is simply the root of all delusion.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ck-musician-who-converts-ku-klux-klan-members

Daryl Davis: the black musician who converts Ku Klux Klan members

After an encounter with a KKK member in the 1980s, the accomplished pianist turned his focus to curing racism through education

1209.jpg
1209.jpg
https://youtu.be/ORp3q1Oaezw

TED talk where this black man explains why he goes to KKK rallies

I guess no one here has met him yet

texasjack

It's the pussification of the American male. We got it bad!

PUSS-I-FI-CA-TION: The act, or process, of a man being shamed, taught, lead, pastored, drugged or otherwise coerced or cajoled into throwing out his brain, handing over his balls and formally abandoning the rarefied air of the testosterone-leader-fog that God and nature hardwired him to dwell in, and instead become a weak, effeminate, mangina sporting, shriveled up little pussy.

Buncha crybaby sissy girlie men get offended by everything like some old women. No critical thinking left....MSM has many hating themselves.

Blows my mind.

Sunshineinabag

It's the pussification of the American male. We got it bad!

PUSS-I-FI-CA-TION: The act, or process, of a man being shamed, taught, lead, pastored, drugged or otherwise coerced or cajoled into throwing out his brain, handing over his balls and formally abandoning the rarefied air of the testosterone-leader-fog that God and nature hardwired him to dwell in, and instead become a weak, effeminate, mangina sporting, shriveled up little pussy.

Buncha crybaby sissy girlie men get offended by everything like some old women. No critical thinking left....MSM has many hating themselves.

Blows my mind.

Mean mugged by a snowflake w a manbun...my gosh :bigeye:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the real pussies are the one's that need a contrast to feel pride and can't afford to express humanitarian equanimity

minds fraught with fundamental darkness and the inability to challenge it for a better end

I have yet to hear the cost of personal cost to expressing equanimity, imagine basing one's life philosophy on the limits of self.

There is a reason the white demographic is now represented by statically over weight and lower IQ than the rest of the developed world

If you can't possess emotions such as compassion and display empathy while still being masculine and "taking care of business" your a huge pussy

I know plenty of people who "take care of business" in the most extreme of ways that have the capacity for things like empathy and love. Not everyone throws the baby out with the bathwater except for those who think they can bully others limited like themselves to deny these things.

This is a mark of how a person was raised among other indicators.

Be glad to pony up the science if you feel up to reading, unless reading is for PUSSIES

lol internet tough guys who are all about growing and smoking flowers

Sunshineinabag

Growing up I'd say to my mom at barbecues.....why are they hanging hotdogs on strings......then they drive under em and the winning lady won 125 bucks......I thought it was awesome.... perspective when ur 12