What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Three Berries

Researchers Discover Cannabis-Mushroom Combination that ‘Kills Over 90% of Colon Cancer Cells

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/r...tion-that-kills-over-90-of-colon-cancer-cells

According to Cannabotech, the have concluded a study using not only cannabis, but a unique combination of cannabinoids and mushroom extracts, which they tested on various colon cancer subtypes, representing different molecular changes common in these colon cancer subtypes. Their results of the cell model study were astounding, showing that its “Integrative-Colon” products killed over 90% of colon cancer cells — and they attribute this to to the mushroom and cannabis combination.
Results showed that Cannabotech’s Integrative-Colon products composition is significantly more effective than each cannabinoid individually, and there is a strong synergy between the active ingredients. These results reinforce Cannabotech’s claim that to achieve effective treatment in the oncology field, it is necessary to build a defined, accurate and science-based formula, which cannot be obtained in any cannabis strain that exists in nature.​

Given the fact that the survival rate for colorectal cancer is just 65%, the idea that an easily grown plant and fungus could be used to save hundreds of thousands of lives, is inspiring to say the least.

Humans share more DNA with mushrooms than we do with plants, a lot more. Animals and fungi share a common ancestor and branched away from plants sometime around 1.1 billion years ago. Only later did animals and fungi separate on the genealogical tree of life, making fungi more closely related to humans than plants. For example, when mushrooms are exposed to sunlight they can produce vitamin D — just like humans.

shithawk420

Veteran
Researchers Discover Cannabis-Mushroom Combination that ‘Kills Over 90% of Colon Cancer Cells

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/r...tion-that-kills-over-90-of-colon-cancer-cells

According to Cannabotech, the have concluded a study using not only cannabis, but a unique combination of cannabinoids and mushroom extracts, which they tested on various colon cancer subtypes, representing different molecular changes common in these colon cancer subtypes. Their results of the cell model study were astounding, showing that its “Integrative-Colon” products killed over 90% of colon cancer cells — and they attribute this to to the mushroom and cannabis combination.
Results showed that Cannabotech’s Integrative-Colon products composition is significantly more effective than each cannabinoid individually, and there is a strong synergy between the active ingredients. These results reinforce Cannabotech’s claim that to achieve effective treatment in the oncology field, it is necessary to build a defined, accurate and science-based formula, which cannot be obtained in any cannabis strain that exists in nature.​

Given the fact that the survival rate for colorectal cancer is just 65%, the idea that an easily grown plant and fungus could be used to save hundreds of thousands of lives, is inspiring to say the least.

Humans share more DNA with mushrooms than we do with plants, a lot more. Animals and fungi share a common ancestor and branched away from plants sometime around 1.1 billion years ago. Only later did animals and fungi separate on the genealogical tree of life, making fungi more closely related to humans than plants. For example, when mushrooms are exposed to sunlight they can produce vitamin D — just like humans.

What the hell? This is the first I've heard of this.my Grandpa died of colon cancer and I might too.this is huge if true.i gotta wrap my brain around this one.if animals and fungi share an ancestor than what was it? It must be mitochondrial DNA.otherwise I'm stumped.pun intended! Lol

Three Berries

What the hell? This is the first I've heard of this.my Grandpa died of colon cancer and I might too.this is huge if true.i gotta wrap my brain around this one.if animals and fungi share an ancestor than what was it? It must be mitochondrial DNA.otherwise I'm stumped.pun intended! Lol

Lost my oldest brother to it. :(

moose eater

Is that a fucking buffalo? Impressive.id hate to hit that at night.

Wood bison from the Deltas Junction herd.

Rarely see them off on their own, unless maybe there were more in the tree line, though she did have a small calf behind her that she eclipses from view.

Persons can submit a drawing hunt permit application for a lottery-type of drawing, (these days for either sex most often), Most are much larger than she is.

I've been submitting numerous applications to that drawing hunt for over 2 decades, and not won one yet. I know some who have won, but it's stiff competition, re. numbers of applications submitted.

The bison to which she's a part of their herd eat a lot of arctic barley from the fields east of Delta Junction. Essentially, grain-fed wild bison, to a large degree. Mmmm.

The farmers used to allow per4mit holders to go and shoot them on their land simply to get them gone from their crops. now it's a money-maker for them. A fellow I know who went down 2 years ago to harvest one of them was charged either $600 or $800 to access the farmer's fields and harvest his animal.

Over in the Yukon Territory of Canada, at least up until recent times, and likely still today, if a Yukon Territory resident (Canada) puts in an application for their bison herd over there (NE of Aishihik Lake), if the person applying has submitted an application for 7 consecutive years, then they are 'given' a permit upon request. But they have a -lot- fewer residents in the Yukon Territory than we do i9n Alaska, too.

moose eater

It sounds like you had a wonderful time proving to yourself that you are truly still alive, moose eater . Thanks for sharing.

I think I proved I'm over half-dead. It's going to take some time and effort to get back to functioning the way I used to. We'll see if the Grim reaper has that gift in store for me. If there'd been less familial strife and anguish, the trip would've likely appeared to be far better than it seemed, I'm sure.

Thinking about heading back, but unlikely at the moment.

Glad you liked the photos, buzz.

shithawk420

Veteran
Wood bison from the Deltas Junction herd.

Rarely see them off on their own, unless maybe there were more in the tree line, though she did have a small calf behind her that she eclipses from view.

Persons can submit a drawing hunt permit application for a lottery-type of drawing, (these days for either sex most often), Most are much larger than she is.

I've been submitting numerous applications to that drawing hunt for over 2 decades, and not won one yet. I know some who have won, but it's stiff competition, re. numbers of applications submitted.

The bison to which she's a part of their herd eat a lot of arctic barley from the fields east of Delta Junction. Essentially, grain-fed wild bison, to a large degree. Mmmm.

The farmers used to allow per4mit holders to go and shoot them on their land simply to get them gone from their crops. now it's a money-maker for them. A fellow I know who went down 2 years ago to harvest one of them was charged either $600 or $800 to access the farmer's fields and harvest his animal.

Over in the Yukon Territory of Canada, at least up until recent times, and likely still today, if a Yukon Territory resident (Canada) puts in an application for their bison herd over there (NE of Aishihik Lake), if the person applying has submitted an application for 7 consecutive years, then they are 'given' a permit upon request. But they have a -lot- fewer residents in the Yukon Territory than we do i9n Alaska, too.

Very interesting.i think I've had buffalo burgers once or twice.cant say it was very good compared to beef.what would you kill one with? A .50 cal black powder rifle like back in the day? Or do you just shoot it in the head? Seems it would be kinda hard to take down.i don't know.the fur and meat would probably be worth the $800 no? Probably costs a lot to process it

moose eater

Very interesting.i think I've had buffalo burgers once or twice.cant say it was very good compared to beef.what would you kill one with? A .50 cal black powder rifle like back in the day? Or do you just shoot it in the head? Seems it would be kinda hard to take down.i don't know.the fur and meat would probably be worth the $800 no? Probably costs a lot to process it

Vital mass is the best shot on any large animal, just behind the shoulder, into the organs if a side view shot, or, if head-on, into the brisket, though a lot of roast meat is wasted with the frontal shot.. My big game rifle is a .338 Winchester Magnum (an older Model XTR Sporter), which has a wide array of cartridges/projectiles available for it. Others use other guns. .300 Win Mag. as one example. There are dozens of suitable firearms.

Lots of meat on a good size bison. We usually get 400-500 lbs. of clean deboned meat from a decent size3 bull moose. A mature bull bison would likely have a good deal more than that.

troutman

Seed Whore
The 4th pic is of a less than fortunate lake trout that ended up being gifted in fillet form to the fellows who yanked me out of the overflow. She went 22.5 inches, and while not huge, was quite well fed, with lots of oil-rich meat on her.

Nice trout. It's been a while since I went ice fishing for lakers. :)

Fresh frozen fish is the best and cleaning them in the cold on a lake is how I like doing it.

shithawk420

Veteran
And I thought hauling a deer out of the woods was a chore my God

You ain't kidding.i can't imagine one person being able to do it.they are what at least 2000 lbs Moose? Speaking of which, a moose must be very dangerous campared to bison.id take my chances with a bear before a moose.actually maybe not.i remember a story of a Russian or eastern European girl and her uncle being mauled by a bear while she was on the phone with her mom.must of been brutal.scary shit.kinda reminds me of the Revenant.at least he lived.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

is that the Pink Mountain area? i've read about a herd there. regional govt won't allow them the be hunted with archery gear...they claim that bison can't be harvested cleanly with bow and arrow, but
many generations of native hunters might disagree.😏

moose eater

is that the Pink Mountain area? i've read about a herd there. regional govt won't allow them the be hunted with archery gear...they claim that bison can't be harvested cleanly with bow and arrow, but
many generations of native hunters might disagree.😏

No, not sure which Pink Mtn. you're referencing. There's a Pink Mountain that is on the Alaska Hwy in Northern British Columbia, north of Fort St. John, B.C., and south of Ft. Nelson, B.C.

The herd NE of Aishihik Lake (or in that general vicinity, has been in that general area of the Yukon Territory for decades now. They used to roam right out to the highway north of Haines Jct., toward Beaver Creek, Yukon Territory, Canada, and east along the highway, toward Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, right close to the highway out that end, as well.

I can't recall for sure, but want to say they were purposefully moved to get them away from the roadway. They can get HUGE, depending on gender, age, genetics, etc.

Not sure if you can hunt bison here with a bow and arrow. If so, you'd need to be bow-certified by Fish & Game here. Something they didn't require when I first came to Alaska in the 1970s.

I know a person with certification can hunt moose with a bow and arrow, and we've taken some that way.

A 'clean kill' with bow and arrow typically simply refers to the hunter hitting the critter in proper vital mass, and then being patient enough to not spook or pursue the thing, allowing it time to bleed out. Literally, a clean kill. We violated that rule once, and ended up in some weirdness.

moose eater

You ain't kidding.i can't imagine one person being able to do it.they are what at least 2000 lbs Moose? Speaking of which, a moose must be very dangerous campared to bison.id take my chances with a bear before a moose.actually maybe not.i remember a story of a Russian or eastern European girl and her uncle being mauled by a bear while she was on the phone with her mom.must of been brutal.scary shit.kinda reminds me of the Revenant.at least he lived.

You can find literature (and even images online) referencing trophy bull moose from the Yukon Territory and similar areas. But I've yet to see a bull that big, up close.

Ironically, one of the biggest bull moose we harvested (a friend, using a bow and arrow), we referred to as 'Frisbee Bull'. He had very rounded palms on his antlers, and the points on the brow tines as well as the points on the palms were all worn down to nearly nothing, making the palms appear like frisbees. He was a very aggressive bull.

He laid close to 8-10 days in a cooled shed before we got him to town and down the highway for processing. His hanging weight after that time, in heavy cotton canvas game bags, was about 675 lbs. on the quarter, ribs, back, neck, etc., all parceled out after field dressing.

My friends who cut meat professionally, and who have helped each year to process our moose, hold that a hanging beef will lose 10% of hanging mass in the first 24 hours. As the meat cases, that rate of evaporation and weight loss slows. But we calculated that based on such a loose-knit formula, and Frisbee weighing 675 lbs. hanging weight after 10 or 11 days in waiting, his original hanging weight before evaporation was probably over 800 lbs.

Then calculate that initial dressing and hanging of quarters, whether beef, moose, etc., is close to a 60:40 ration. The weight of your hanging meat will be approximately 60% of the hoof weight or live weight of the animal.

A person can process a moose by themselves. I posted a video of a fellow from north of Wasilla, who was showing a technique similar to our methods, but it's a shit-ton of work, even for a couple guys that have done it many times. And if you happen to down a bull moose in an area that forbids motorized travel, then however far you are from your trail where a 4-wheeler or other vehicle awaits, is how far you get to carry 8-9 game bags, the heaviest of which would be the way we curt a moose) the upper back, neck, and upper brisket, which we've seen go well over 130 lbs. in Frisbee's case. After hanging out on a military bunk in the cooled shed for that time period, Frisbee's meat from that specific area weighed in at 126 lbs. Meaning it was l;ikely closer top 150 lbs. when we dropped him, and loaded that pack-frame of meat onto the back of the youngest guy among us, and we laughed out asses off as he wobbled away, with us behind him, saying, "Always hunt with young people".

armedoldhippy

Veteran
moose eater - A 'clean kill' with bow and arrow typically simply refers to the hunter hitting the critter in proper vital mass said:
watched a video of a guy shooting a bull bison tight behind the shoulder twice with a .338. guide studied it through his binoculars & told the hunter "that ought to do it. let's give him a few minutes. " bull stood there for nearly five minutes, still working his cud when he went down. impressive...

Latest posts

Latest posts