What's new

Totally clueless!!! Lockout or deficiency?

Obviously you are all itching with anticipation to see how they are doing so here's today!
20210313_154209.jpg

Attachments

• 20210313_154209.jpg
    20210313_154209.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 23

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I am having similar issues. You can see on my 1st grow diary. One problem is I let the dixie cups get too dry when I thought they were too wet. It hurt the roots I think.

In use nd love the Blumt moisture meters. 200 is way way dry in soil per their instructions. I water and get a reading of 40, next day it's 80 so they get nothing, then next day 120-140 and I water again.

I like to weigh the dixie cups first before watering. I never get it wrong and never lose plants using this method.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I almost killed the plants again following the Blumat instructions. 30-40 is a good reading in the living soil I am using. 120 and they are in dry powder. Live and learn...and I learn by mistakes I have drain holes and am getting the dixie cups good and wet now.

Heard a blumat rep on one of tad husseys podcasts from kis organics say to aim for 80 to 100 in living soil and 180 otherwise. 40 is extremely low your plants must be suffocating!

BTW my blumats have been going rogue on me overnight usually just one carrot but still makes a bloody mess and I'm sure is leaching a good amount of nutrients out of my
soil. I have a loop system, and purge after the runaway emitters. Water comes out full stream from purge valve so I'm not seeing any blockage or oxygen causing this.any ideas what might be the issue? My only thought would be the fan on the floor making the soil dry out too fast . 75 degrees and 50 rh during lights out

Looks like they have well acclimated to the LED light.

Next time dim the light in early stages < 200 umol/s and then increase to about 600 till end of veg.
The blumats are not easy to calibrate :)

Latest posts

Latest posts