What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Total noob here, is this normal?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
You can change the soil. I wouldn't if it was me. Wait until they get a little bigger then transplant them into new dirt. Being that young, the roots are really fine and easy to fuck up. Plus there's not that many of them(roots), that's why I would advise against it.

But hey if you wanna change the soil, go for it. I would get a gallon jug, cut the top off big enough to stick your whole hand in it. Then take the plants out of their containers, shake off whatever dirt you can. Then dip them in the gallon jug full of water. Gently agitate/shake them with your hand until all the dirt comes off from the roots. Then transplant into new soil.

But.....if the roots get damaged, they will grow even slower than you think they are now. Those are doing fine for 11 days old. It looks like you might have thrips. If so some spinosad will wipe them out with a single application.(your leaves look like they are showing a little thrip damage.

187Blacka

Ty, i won't change it then. I was going to ask about those yellow spots, i will try to get rid of them.
Thx again for the help.

187Blacka

Day 18 i decided to keep only 2 of my plants. They now look like this:

I know one of them has some issues and they are both very small but other then that are they okayish?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
They look good man. What kind of soil are they in? Does the soil have nutrients in it ? I ask because in your second pic it looks like the soil is loaded with food, or your water is too strong with nutrients.

Maybe neither, but the look of the seedling and the white stuff on top of the soil is the same things I have had happen to me. It was when I was using soil with nutrients in it, and the water contained to much nutrients for the plant. Some plants can handle it better than others , like your first pic the seedling seems to be doing just fine.

187Blacka

Well the soil has :pH 5,5 - 6,5; humidity60% - 70%; N - 410 ppm; P - 192 ppm; K - 1350 and it also says 70% organic substance in dry product ( if i translated that right). One more thing, 1 of my leaves has 4 fingers is that normal?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Yes 4 fingers is normal. More than likely, it will grow another finger or three. A lot of my seedlings often start with 3 fingered leaves. It sounds like your soil has some nutrients in it, I would suggest watering with plain water with a ph of 6.5-6.7, and only water when the soil has dried out.

A good way to measure when you plant needs water is by the weight of it. Lift the container when the soil is moist(or use a scale) and remember what it feels like/how much it weighs. Then when the soil is dry do the same, the container should be really light/weigh a lot less than when it's moist, that's when you water.

Your doing just fine by the way. Keep up the good work. And by no means do you have to take all of my advice. Just trying to help you by telling you how I would/do, do things. Everyone has their own processes, that often lead us all to the same end result. Trial and error is the best way to learn.

EDIT: get your post count up to 50 , so we can talk in private messages. You'll have plenty of seeds to do trial and error with in no time.

187Blacka

I appreciate your advice, that is what i'm looking for here and i'm glad that you have the patience with a noob like me. I try to google search some problems but sometimes here is where i get the best answer.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I appreciate your advice, that is what i'm looking for here and i'm glad that you have the patience with a noob like me. I try to google search some problems but sometimes here is where i get the best answer.

Not a problem man. I wouldn't be the grower I am without this place. I attribute my success to the guys that took the time to help me and answer my questions. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts