What's new

Total cost for going to the dam for 4/20

G

00420 said:
so in other words...... u need 4 grand.......

im going for sure this yr :)

2 for air/hotel
1 for spending
1 just in case you dont want to go home yet :D :woohoo:

That's about what i'm planning 00420, but alittle different. I'm thinking about $2,000 Air & Hotel
$1,000 Spending Weed,Hash,smoking gear, etc
$1,000 Food and gift for friends and family
but, i think my number will go back and for with the smoking cash and food,gift cash. It should be under 4,000, but that's what i'm planning on.
See you all there and looking forward to meeting my friends here.

P.S. People, word to the wise. Do not take anyone's picture with-out their permission. It's just repect for other members. Take care

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Hehe, next year there'll be many good friends coming, gonna be nice to meet y'all...but shit, now that I look at it...too expensive for you american people...and those hotel prices...whew...wtf...I'll be going to Hotel Utopia, all 30€ a night, a good bed and a roof. :D Because I wanna see how many of you get to spend over one hour a day in your nice expensive hotelrooms...not many, Amsterdam is not for sleeping...:D

G

if i go i'm blowing like 12 k.. cause it mgiht be the last time i go....

full time daddy
Veteran
GoldDustWomen said:
That's about what i'm planning 00420, but alittle different. I'm thinking about $2,000 Air & Hotel
$1,000 Spending Weed,Hash,smoking gear, etc
$1,000 Food and gift for friends and family
but, i think my number will go back and for with the smoking cash and food,gift cash. It should be under 4,000, but that's what i'm planning on.
See you all there and looking forward to meeting my friends here.

P.S. People, word to the wise. Do not take anyone's picture with-out their permission. It's just repect for other members. Take care

hey i guess we gotta add in are other half as well........
they only need 2 g...airfair & a lil spending cash....... rooms are not much more for 2

hey guy dont forget to addin the just in case cash for stupid shit like passports,cab ride's,hoooker,ect :) :yoinks:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Did someone say 12k? :eek:

12?!?!?!

12k in Amsterdam is a disaster, you'll find yourself unconscious 3 weeks after you should have left the place with dizzy memories of girls with tentacles and a nasty case of syfilis, not to even mention all them noisy hallucinations that the damn ayahuasca has left ringing in your head (that was actually served to you as a cup of tea at blue light area and the rest is history) so what Im trying to say is that it be too much € for me to spend, that trip would last forever. :wink:

LMAo :D

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
taxis are wonderful way to throw your money away in amsterdam.

taxis are wonderful way to throw your money away in amsterdam.

mothra said:
Here is a place to lay your stuff and call home for a few days, cheap.
Catch a cab into town.
http://www.campingzeeburg.nl/cabins.html

catching a cab into town.... in Amsterdam is waste of money. take the train for 3.80€ i think from schipol(airport).
once in Amsterdam the trams will get you close enough to anything in the city.
:woohoo: the absolute best way once in the city is a bike of course.

KingRalph

hey chuckyoufarley i noticed that too got bummed out but some helpfuls in chat gave a hot tip...

fly out of JFK into London then take the train to Adam for dirt cheap. kicks the plane ticket's price down below $700 and a train ticket to the dam from london is lookin to be about $50-100 for one way-roundtrip. much better :)

now to find hotels... btw, what days are people gonna stay for? i'm thinking a week is too much for me, well not really but if i stay too long i'm afraid the dutch in me'll try n gain citizenship, despite your refutes :p hehe but really, what are the group of days best suited for catchin all the action of not only the cup but the rest of the dam's fun?

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
i found it was cheaper to fly on the weekend and stay till the next week end. But if money is a issue. The cheaper price of the trip would be due to less hotel and food costs.

papadank420

Personal Grower said:
Having a credit card that racks up Airline miles is always a plus.

Miles required (SkyChoice) 100,000 miles
Your current balance 225,589 miles
Remaining mileage balance 125,589 miles

Cost
Taxes and fees $54.66 (USD)
Total cost (including taxes and fees) $54.66 (USD)

Trip to Amsterdam for the IC MAG 420 cup? :::pRICELESS:::

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Farmer John said:
Did someone say 12k? :eek:

12?!?!?!

12k in Amsterdam is a disaster, you'll find yourself unconscious 3 weeks after you should have left the place with dizzy memories of girls with tentacles and a nasty case of syfilis, not to even mention all them noisy hallucinations that the damn ayahuasca has left ringing in your head (that was actually served to you as a cup of tea at blue light area and the rest is history) so what Im trying to say is that it be too much € for me to spend, that trip would last forever. :wink:

LMAo :D

Let me know when you guys are going. If I ever trip again that sounds like a worthy one.

GreatLakes THC :wink:

C

Chamba

The Queen's Birthday in Amsterdam (end of April, 30th?) is a blast..I was there in the mid-nineties, it was my first time in the 'dam, I knew it was a public holiday, I thought it would be quiet....but when we walked out into the street from Central Station (this is after travelling halfway across the world) I was totally blown away to see the whole town just shoulder to shoulder pumping with energy, crowds, blazing music, everyone is wearing orange....my first thought was " Golllll-lee, is it like this everyday??...what a happening city!...what took me so long to get here!!

we didn't have bookings! (everyone said "Oh, trust me, you won't need bookings in Amsterdam"!), but we walked to the VVV (tourist info centres) just outside the station to the LHS...and they rang around and found us a lovely little boutique hotel on Vondel Park (the Apple Inn)...this was in a residential area and the scene there was very quaint & family orientated, with street stalls selling food and stuff...there were all these perfect looking familys with 2 perfect blond kids - it was like I walking in an audition for an insurance commercial....some little kids had little booths too!..Vondel Park was 99% Dutch families with fun activities and games......but as we went into the centre of town the crowds got thick with mostly 20-something Dutch guys..the vibe changed from quaint to pumping rave.....everywhere was packed solid, it was a perfect sunny day ..the vibe in the city excellent...

we went back to the hotel to have a shower and smoke before dinner, well, we were so raucous the staff offered us a rooftop apartment a few doors down the street....4 times bigger at the same price and we could laugh as loud as we wanted...we had a ball.....the beds were way too soft so we laid the mattress on the ground ..I was buzzed to the max every waking hour..my girl had to drag me to museums, gardens etc, but we still managed to go to 3 or 4 coffee shops per day...if you really hammer it, your smoking expenditure can really add up...we were in Amsterdam for about 10 days and did a few day trips to see the tulips and other touristy stuff.....the gardens are beautiful ..and you can spliff it up outside there too, so long as you are discreet

I also vividly remember at the time being transfixed to the TV in the room..there was a big snooker tournament on ESPN......everytime I turned the telly on a snooker match was on....I really got into it!

service is excruciatingly slow in Holland, more so if you a stoner with a viscous attack of the munchies....it takes them about 30 minutes to get around to bringing you the menu in some restaurants!

here's a hint for Amsterdam....you will get lost, that's a gimmie, even the World orienteeering champion with 7 maps and a GPS would get bewildered in Am'dam ...if he smokes, that is!...lol..

so make sure if you are walking down some unpronounchable street or laneway somewhere in where the fuck are we Amsterdam and you spot something you'd like to buy - buy it there and then or you will never find it again!..don't fall into the trap of saying to yourself "i don't feel like carrying it around now, I'll get it on the way back" ...lol...you never will!

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
Travel Web sites are big these days, but do they really offer deals or is there a better way to get a dir-cheap deal?

Web sites such as Travelocity and Expedia are supposed to give you bargains when it comes to hotels and airfares.

Can you really get a bargain at a luxury resort like the Pointe Hilton in the Valley?

How does $89 a night sound?

"I would say that's a great deal," said Andee Oleno, the director of Public Relations for the Pointe Hilton.

But in order to get that dirt-cheap deal, you have to go directly to the hotel's Web site.

"That's our goal. We want to drive people directly to our Web site so they can do one-stop shopping," she said.

Richard Sherman is an Internet expert here in Phoenix and has written books on how to become Internet savvy. He's also known as Mr. Modem.

"Some of the best deals I've ever found are just going to the hotel," Sherman said.

As it turns out, he's right.

On Hilton's Web site, the Pointe Hilton is $89. On Travelocity, Orbitz and numerous other sites, their deals turned out to be about $10 higher and many had cancellation fees that were restrictive.

"That's exactly right. These people are in the business to make money," Sherman said. "They can't have people tire kicking and just saying, 'I'm going to book here until I find a better deal.'"

Sherman said the same usually holds true for airfare.

If you're looking for the best deal, go directly to the airline's Web site before heading to a travel site to book a flight.

"There really are deals, but you have to hunt for them," Sherman said. "Some people think that you're going to go on the Internet, plug in a couple of key strokes and get the smoking deal. You have to look."

If you're looking for package deals, which include airfare, hotel and car rental, then travel Web sites may be worth it. But for individual things like a room or just an airline ticket, go to the source.

G

For a way cool place to stay....

For a way cool place to stay....

Check Craigslist, click on Amsterdam, click on rooms/hotels, I founf a house boat right on/in a canal....$700.00 us

Missoula Montana to Amsterdam...an unbleaveable $350.00 rt.

It's well worth it. Love that city.

Peace

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
a house boat would be awsome...

a house boat would be awsome...

wow a house boat is a cool idea, but how long does the 700 cover?is that for the week or for 2 weeks? for 1 week its a bit much, depending on the comfort level ofcourse. anyway nice one you got your place to stay, i still have to reserve a room.