What's new

TOR, Anonymous Proxy Server or Something Else?

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
so i take it nobody has tried JAP or JonDo, it's a free proxy like TOR...
Figure like anything you get what you pay for.

I think Hide My Ass is available as a VPN solution for $60 a year subscription.

i just don't think i like the idea of some company holding all my private browsing information. something just doesn't feel right about that to me... :2cents:

T

Toes.

I was just wondering about this the other day, how many grow ops have been taken down because the grower posted pics of the grow online?

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i've only read about it happening once out of thousands and thousands of grow threads.

so not really a problem, but i still prefer to as anonymous as possible...

T

Toes.

...those RIAA cocksuckers dont fuck around...

The guys who really have ip security down are the invite-only private torrent tracker folks. Perhaps not as well as the "SCENE" rippers but, it takes skills to still operate a p2p site.

I read where Sony was sued for embedding a root kit in their music CD's. whenever you played a SonyBMG produced CD on your PC, a nasty little piece of malware would hide inside your drive, which could essentially open a back door for the RIAA to come snoop it out for copyright infringements. kinda scary.

That's a sitch where the best VPN couldn't do shit.

wdcf

Things to stay Safe....Hushmail and TRUECRYPT....

Really though Google Truecrypt and get it.

poppers

If you're afraid about the data on your hard drive just use truecrypt as suggested above, its really easy to set up and practically bulletproof.

And posting on icmag is safe because it uses https, so noone between you and the server cant see what you are posting and reading here.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
if they want to watch you TOR is not going to save you. its that simple. but its nice to take precautionary measures

W

wilbur

truecrypt claims fbi have been trying to crack a truecrypted file for eight years. must think there's some important stuff in THAT file!

greenpinky

The internet is not safe. There is too meny back doors... I have never posted a grow, and people talk shit. But I don't cair I'm safe... its not worth it to show off.. I'm to big on security,, but one day maybe

BIGGS

Veteran
try downloading tor's browser bundle. its alot, lot quicker than tor used to be.

xxxx://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

replace xxxx with https

wdcf

The internet is not safe. There is too meny back doors... I have never posted a grow, and people talk shit. But I don't cair I'm safe... its not worth it to show off.. I'm to big on security,, but one day maybe

care
:moon:

Latest posts

Latest posts