What's new

Topsy Turvy Fridge Grow/Clone Box

Thanks Meison !!!
I put some foil over the cups.
Looked under the lid into the res and it is DARK where the plants are.
The extra hole plugs/spacers actually let a little light into the res, I'll have to paint them black.
You might be wondering why the plants are all grouped on one side?
It's because one of my brand new grow bulbs took a crap so I put one of the old style back in that I had left from before.
The 2 plants I had on that side were desperately stretching to get to the new bulb, so I moved them.
JUST got a tracking # for the bulb.
Hope it gets here soon so I can get them moved back before the roots get too big to disturb.

I turned off the top feeding for a while and will probably give them a squirt with a syringe now and again, but they are now basically DWC or BubblePonics? right?
Keeping the air bubbles going 24/7 in the res.
The dwarf JUST reached that taproot into the solution today so all is good, so far.
This is pics from earlier today… look at those roots... 9 Days !

That is NOY the dwarf, but the front right one.

Last edited:
I rinsed the GrowStone in a little blue kids wading pool.
Rinsed it over & over again till I got almost all the silt and sediment flushed out.
I filled the baskets with stone and then set them on a layer of stone to allow roots to grow out the bottom.
There will probably always be a little nutrient laying in the tray under the rock layer as the drain has a small lip before the water can run back to the res.
I will have to play with the number of feedings and the duration of each.
Next is to PH a couple gallons of water and flush all the high PH tap water out of the stone.

This will be the height of my scrog screen, 6.5" from the medium.
After some topping and LST as described in a great article over at growweedeasy.com, I should be able to fill up a good field of colas.

The AK-47 is the shorter and the Amnesia Haze is the taller.
AK has only 2 sets but the 2nd set is HUGE.
And there are these growths just above the 1st set?
Is that MALE???

AH has 3 sets and the 4th is starting to show, but doesn't have the same growth just above the first set.

What a big difference in the 2 strains.
I don't think I should waste time on the dwarf, don't think it will catch up???

Also guys, what is up with these roots?
All 3 plants.
My nute mix is rather a dark looking brew, but is this staining from the nutes or bacteria?
If the latter, what can cure that quick?

Thanks !

I smelled the roots this morning and they do not smell bad, musty, mildewy or anything.
Felt them and they are not slimy and the plants seem to be doing pretty good, at least 2 are and the other 2 AK-47, not as great.
When you shine the light into the res, the roots look better floating and just appear to be stained in the strong iced tea colored solution.

No comments… ehh?

Anyhow, here are a couple more pics.
The AH is growing along very symmetrically and has a nice 4th leaf set up and those other sprouts right above the first leaf set on the AK look like they will turn into main shoots as well (proper terminology?) and the actual 3rd leaf set in the center is smaller than the new stuff below it.
VERY interesting !
Probably gonna have to scrap the runt once I raise the lights if it can't keep up.

Meison

Hey fishywater, sup!

No ideas on what could be affecting the roots, probably your nuts coloring them. Do they feel dry?

If it was bacteria when you lift the lid, it would smell bad!

cheers

Hey fishywater, sup!

No ideas on what could be affecting the roots, probably your nuts coloring them. Do they feel dry?

If it was bacteria when you lift the lid, it would smell bad!

cheers
Nah, I THINK everything is OK.
The plants are looking really good and I think the roots are ok.
Gonna have to raise the lights soon and then soon after that, I will be topping the taller two.
I appreciate your comments.
I wish more peeps would chime in.
Lots of lookers, but no talkers ?

Wow !
1000 views !
How about some more of you chiming in?
I'd love to hear your comments/critiques.
What… are y'all stoned ???
:D

Meison

Beneficial worked for me Fishywater, saved me from the slime back in my first try bio buckets (first and probably last for a while)!

Just do the Richyrich's tea, best way. Or buy Orca's bennies, I read someone here who swtiched the tea for it with great results, I haven't try it because its not available in my country.

cheers