What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

Veteran
No one ever sent you unsolicited anything, we had been exchanging personal messages for some period of time.
You took it upon yourself to disclose the content exchanged, incorrectly at that.
I had nothing to do with how or why you were canned.
That was something you did on your own. Drama Queen.
A make believe world might be appealing to many right now.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
These are odious people with a repugnant ideology.
sounds familiar. keep going...
citizenship is only for those who pass language and culture exams.
"SPEAK 'MURICAN! dammit, or go back where you came from..." (said the descendants of immigrants who were themselves discriminated against as an "invasion" of lower quality people.
Given our own hypocrisy — don’t violate agreements (except the one not to expand NATO eastward), don’t invade countries on phony pretexts (except Iraq) and don’t support minority secession movements (except Kosovo) — why wouldn’t we want to restore U.S. credibility by living up to our principles in this critical case?
from my reading (and there are arguments both ways) there never was a signed agreement to never let Ukraine join NATO. there are no legally binding promises to Russia, but even if there were, it's not like both sides don't see "treaties" between each other similar to how the US did the Native Americans & Russia their former satellites. that is, "fuck that, i changed my mind..." just mere inconveniences to be ignored and swept away with your hand. but what you say is true as well...we SHOULD want to (and NEED to) shore up how the rest of the world sees us.

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
More than flattered you would credit me with such content, it is however the well crafted work of Robert English,
originally published by the LA Times, later picked up and ran by papers all over the country.
Could not agree more when it comes to the US keeping it's word with respect to agreements and treaties.
Have long felt a great country should want it's word to hold value.

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran

1664307189896.png

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
As I look at the above picture, am reminded when I was informed we had the technical ability to tap into fiber cables underwater. Twenty years later I saw the little white splice tailors being towed around as fiber was being installed in my neighborhood.

Hempy McNoodle

audiohi

Veteran
“I sympathise with the victims of Hurricane Sandy and believe that those who purchased flood insurance should have their claims paid. At the same time, allowing the program to increase its debt by another $9.7bn with no plan to offset the spending with cuts elsewhere is not fiscally responsible.

~Ron DeSantis

“Dear Mr President,” his formal aid request began. “I request that you issue a Major Disaster Declaration for the State of Florida as a result of Hurricane Ian and authorise and make available all categories of individual assistance and public assistance.”

~Ron DeSantis

Ironically, in light of his comparison of aid for Sandy victims to irresponsible home economics, DeSantis also said that as Ian would “hamper local activity … federal aid through the Individuals and Households Program will help alleviate these household budget shortfalls”.

audiohi

Veteran
It's funny how DeSantis referenced flood insurance for Sandy victims.

I've heard that it's been really hard to get insurance in Florida with companies exiting the Florida market and not budgeting enough for the state run policy.

Somebody probably should have done something about that before now.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I know those islands well, @Gry. The southern black X is the washed out Sanibel Island Causeway. The causeway also serves Captiva Island which is the smaller island north of Sanibel.

The northern black X is Pine Island Road just before the drawbridge at Matlacha. The large island is Pine Island and it has many acres of groves of tropical fruits. It is barely above sea level and there is a single two lane road to serve the island. The village of Matlacha has become an artsy fartsy tourist destination and the infrastructure is overwhelmed especially during the winter months. The drawbridge is known as the Fishingest Bridge In The World and is renowned for its snook.
I'm wondering and looking for information about Thomas Edison Winter Home in Ft. Myers. I spent some years employed there as Horticulturist. It is right on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River and the path indicated by the black line passes several blocks south of the homes. It is a beautiful area with too many people. I miss the fishing but not the traffic.

It is going to be a long recovery.

Gry

Veteran

Loads odd and one has to hit replay to see the content.
This is the first video I have noticed that happening to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts