What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top 5 Buds you smoked in amsterdam

T

The Batman

hello fellows,

it seems the 420 cafe (de kuil) is still selling one of the best haze offering of the town, the nevil's haze, thats all i can say :wave:
sincerely

Bat

I've been to the 'Dam twice. My last visit was only for an afternoon (I live elsewhere in the Netherlands), so I didn't have time to sample many strains; thus, I'll include the ones from my visit in 2008, so far as I can remember.

OG #18 (Grey Area)
Martian Mean Green (Grey Area)
Silver Bubble (Grey Area... :D)
Lavender (Siberie)
Hawaiian Snow (Greenhouse Centraal)

I was surprised to find that you can actually find top notch bud for cheaper prices than smaller cities in the Netherlands - for example, GreyBerry (Bubblegum x Blueberry, GA) was priced at 8.5e/g and was a real treat. Laughing Buddha from Dampkring 2 only cost 7.5e/g.

sso

Veteran
tried jack hehrer and temple balls in amsterdam, found them rather lackluster.

average stuff.

though to be fair, i had only time to visit one coffeeshop, the one right in front of my 80 euro room :)

was a big neony green thing on three floors i think, top floor drinking.

was cheaper than the stuff at home, but much was the same price at home, rather expensive counting for the airtrip and hotel (plus paying rent at home and shit lol)

the only real plus was the opportunity to smoke in front of cops.

that and getting to buy weed legally of course (oh and talking about marijuana with the taxidriver was cool, both the taxidrivers i met were cool cats)

bit dirty and very humid city.

food was allright.

guess the weed at home is allright, toobad about the laws, i grow better stuff than what i smoked in Dam.

dont really enjoy looking at old paintings and artwork either :)

though i guess it would be much more fun if you stayed awhile and took more advantage of being able to roam around toked out of your skull and still smoking, in public.

though amsterdam is not really a city i would go to, if it werent for the legal weed there. doubt id have heard that much about it either.

tulips and dark pictures of some fat guys and gals in costumes. oh and wooden shoes and windmills. lol (oh wait and hookers (who are often rather pale sad pathetic things with bad skin (any older one, fucking idiots is apparantly very damaging(though of course im talking hookers in general, not just dam))

they don't deserve me
pretentious "coffee house" talk,may as well be at the country club

I kid the smoke connoisseur groups,I have a vap now,no knuckle draggier combustion for me thanks

R

rock solid

Silver Bubble
Lemon Skunk
Tahoe Kush
Amnesia haze
Strawberry Diesel# to name a few:tiphat:

Buddle

Veteran
I was in Amsterdam in 05 and the only thing that really got me stoned was some White Widoiw I picked up from HGF. I had the diesel at Dampring etc..I was very disappointed in the quality of weed.It is far better in the US..

Buddle

Veteran
Nice pics, heres my faves;

Super Silver Haze Damkring - Almost always real good and nice up high with smooth taste...

Lambo - Thseeds booth at the CCUP this stuff was some fire! some spaqnish outdoor/greenhouse i think, very complex taste and pleasant high! pretty sure the betty boop shops carry some of their gear from time to time

Somas NYC diesel Amsterdam cut, this stuff is not that strong but the taste is pure magic!

Mk-Ultra circa 2004 from amnesia coffee shop- mad old school taste and high- this was back when amnesia was a good shop ;-)

Alegria - Damkring - This stuff is the bomb! Try it!

Rifman top grade moroccan hash! I am a sucker for the damkrings rifman hash.... its like bubble but import from morocco that is the bomb.... always get the TOP grade tho, dont mess with any other moroccan! rifman stuff is the ONLY moroccan i smoke, other thna that its all bubble!!

Looks like this is the info I needed for my trip!! Thx for posting Wolf.

Buddle

Veteran
Hey black thanks for shareing, i hate putting down any cannabis, although
i will say, if that is what Amsterdam has to offer for bud in a coffee shop
Amsterdam might do them sleves a favor by shuting down all the coffee shops !!!
those samples look like CRAP !!!! i thought all the CRAP and BULLSHIT came from(GH)
DUMBSHIT (arjan) needles to say if thats what Amsterdam is offering, that shit
needs to be flushed down the tolliet !!! i will no longer make plans to Amsterdam seeing
SHIT like that. those coffee shops should be ashamed,
RIP DR JAY

I agree..I'd be embarassed to sell that Casey Jones, especially.I was really bummed when I spent all that coin to go to Amsterdam when i should have just gone to my stash box..lol.

a12

From my last visit, march 11... The good ones for me was Super Lemon Haze, Amnesia Haze and Chocolope. S5 Haze Mellow Yellow and Super Haze Katsu was ok... other ones like Blueberry, Silverbubble, Blue Cheese, Cheese, JH, Santa Maria... could be much better.

Peace

jinx 420

1 Chocolope-Grey Area
2 Big Budda Cheese-Grey Area
3 Jack Herrer-Grasshopper
4 Iceolater hash-one of the Rokrij
5 blonde hash -bluebird I think

Z

zomb

...in the Dam 2009 and the coffeshop I usually prefered returning to was

Die Dampkring

-Loved the cat Bowie, the staff, and the all the dank shit I tryed out while drinking cofee, talking to people from all over the world and introducing my teachers to the world of cannabisculture... The NYC Diesel became my numero uno along with my favorit host. Lots of great hashis too, especiallly loved the Ketama and the tempel balls.

amsterdam08051.jpg

I was told to find a place called

Noon

and try out their Blueberry. I still seek for the experience that blueberry gave me. It was the first time smoking Blueberry

Bulldog

coffeeshops all around like MC Donalds in Denmarc and had to try one out. Went for support and told him I wanted the shit stinkin all over town; Immediately he gave me some White widow, and that was the first time I tasted her. Shes still one of my favorits. Another Bulldog experience was the Silver haze, and it was quite disappointing... Maby because that trippy uphigh cant get me when i've been smoking strong bodybuzz painkilling nerverelaxing sleeping medicine all day looonnggggggg!!!

Just great pic!
amsterdam08048.jpg

In here I was too stoned to remenber now what I was smoking, but remember blowing a big fat bong, hehe. Really stylish place, with some nice background beats...
amsterdam08049.jpg

Allthough it was quite trippy waiting for the coffeeshops to open, what a great trip it was going to the Dam, the Red light district, Boonekamp gardens, Het Loo... We now got a 'Green Light District' in Staden, Copenhagen. Pleaze visit a Cannabis lovin society in the heart of Copenhagen, about to be bought from the state!

Venet

I was twice in Amsterdam, but can't remember all the stuff I smoked when I first visited. My personal favourites were:

- Laughing Buddha (Barneys)
- White Widow (Rokerij)
- Super skunk (Bulldog)
- Vanilla kush (Barneys)
- Super lemon haze (Australia coffe shop?)

Latest posts

Latest posts