What's new

Top 3 Early OD indicas

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Anyone ever run Biddy Early from Magus? I'll be running it along with Biddy's Sister this year. I'm at 44N. I ran it last year and it finished by the end of Sept. Some done by 3rd week. Tallest plant was 4.5 ft. tall. Most were under 4 ft. Started the seeds late, put them out late also, yield was affected. I'll be starting earlier this year.

B

Brad

Deep warp is a deep chunk X timewarp/cambodian sold by richard williams seed co.

G

Thats so strange BreederBrad2, my only complaint about EG was that the "stick" didn't have 4 oz on it.
Your right about the timewarp, i wonder what its been crossed with. I also wonder why you dont see femmed seeds from clones like timewarp. You would think that would be the natural course for propagating a female clone.

Ill begin my efforts to bother gypsy immediately. Ive been told Im very good at bothering people. That distribution info is suprising given the number of positive statement ive read about your work.

B

Brad

well here's a niagraXearly girl,quite big and bushy defintly 4 oz but just not very potent or tasty

clearcutter

My HGF Early Girls didn't get that big or yeild that much. Less than 4 ounces. They weren't grown with much care, so maybe that affected them. Like BreederBrad2 said, there are more potent strains out there, but it's still better than most of the stuff being sold in my area.

Dutch Treat would be a better choice in my opinion. More potent and a bigger yeild. The only thing i didn't like about the D.T. i grew was it didn't seem to stable. Some plants were done by July and were tiny while others were more like sativa92s. I did cross a couple Dutch Treat males to a couple Early Girl Females and will be growing a bunch of those this season.

The Deep Warps i got from Seedbay a while ago. Richard Williams made them. I was worried about mold with these for some reason, but they were one of the least affected last year. They didn't get as big as i was hoping, but i think better care would of helped a little. Fairly potent as well imo. I will be growing more these as well.

I'm at about 45 degrees latitude. Fall is pretty rainy and mold is my biggest problem.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Early girl....throws those varying pheno's in large populations. Ive seen the same stuff.....Early Pearl aswell.

G

Thats an understatement Hindu Killer. I may be the only guy in the world who has grown the EG I grew. Either we all grew different seeds or Im living in a paralell universe where everything just seems to be the same. Im going with No. 2.

sativa92

silverback ... thanks, was the DTxHP fairly stable??

clearcutter... do you know what the other % of dutch treat is??
the ones i grew showed 3 phenos.. im going to line breed it , the one pheno looked almost pure afghani and stayed about 3 to 4 feet tall.but with a sweet hashy taste,that tasted like peaches or oranges i couldnt put my finger on it. the others had leaves that looked affie but grew to 5 to 8 feet. and was still done early, and almost the same taste but not as hashy..sativa

silverback said:
Hi everybody,

No GG, Sensi star wont finish mid sept. generally. There is the indica pheno that will finish end of sept but the sativa goes until Oct 1 in my area. 38, I guess I would have to say here drought resistance is normal. She has to have water.

Below Frigid, your stars look good. I grow this strain every year and have since o2. Oct 15 seems late, whats your lat.?

Johnyhash, weve been growing DR. A BBNL around here for a while. She finishes mid -late sept here. What is your latt?

I did start a thread yesterday on this forum about how to take a couple of weeks off of the finishing time for those stars.

I am just south of the 36 line. The pic's are f2's I have f3's for 08 a long with a fresh pack from Paradise to see how far they have gotten from the F1 generation. It seems most of the strains finish here in October. I had a Black Domina go into mid November in 07 and she still could have gone another week. I got some of that Dr Atomic BB x NL I will let you know if it finishes early down here. No mold problems where I am at very hot and dry. PIc is Domina

G

Hey BF,

Thats good info on the Black D, I was just about to order some of the Sweet seeds SAD. I may reconsider after your statement.

I grow primarily inidcas and generally they finish around end of sept or the first week of Oct. "Finished" is a relative/ subjective term I suppose.

My finish dates can often be a week or 10 days sooner than many growers because of a difference in my interpretation of what trich color means.

There aren't any amber trichs on my plants when I chop them. Call me old school, but its my personal view that the practice of allowing trichs to degrade is one of the primary reasons you read so many reports of growers getting mediocre results from good indica strains. Its been my experience that if the trichs are amber, the high is diminished. I like the "high" feeling. The more trichs that go amber, the less high you get. You might feel more sedated and the high more heavy and sleepy, but the "Im higher than hell" feeling only comes from clear trichs.

The couchlock will come from the strain if it is in its nature and I let my trichs decay in the cure not on the plant in the field.If I want the effect to be heavier, I give her a 4-5 month cure. An alert strain will change its nature in that time. The sativa leaning pheno of the star, as you know can be really potent with a nice somewhat alert high, but smoke that girl all day and by evening you'll be on the couch. Let her cure for 6 months and she'll sit you down on the second toke.

hamstring

Veteran
Any idea where to purchase Dr Atomics BBXNL? I tried hempdepo and Legend seeds and they are both out. DR C no longer ships to US. Anyone know a seed distributor with DR Atomics BBxNL who will ship to the US.

G

You can get that strain at the top seed bank in the world hamstring. Seed botique. I received an order of another strain last week just like always. Dependable.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey Silverback at the 56th parallel here. I agree the dr's bbnl is still nice smoke at end of september but i deffinitly do not think it has reached its peak. A lot of the strains i grow are based on the dr's bbnl as it is the male in a bunch of my hybrids. The bbnl deffinitly made all my outdoor strains later bloomers heres my favorite, the primo (texada timewarp xbbnl.)finnishes around the tenth of oct. the timewarp is always done end of sept 1st oct latest. my purple power x bbnl cross takes till end of oct. I dont see bbnl being an early plant, what parallel you growing her silverback?

G

Im at 38 johnnyhash. Fifty six is way up there brother. I salute you for being able to grow any strain at that lat. You got skills to be pullin bud from that far north. Are there anyearly finishers at that lat?

Most strains start flowering here during the last week of July. Its rare that a strain hasn't started by August 1. This makes 45 day strains finish up mid sept. Usually the 3rd week I cut those.
To be honest Johnnyhash, I probably cut my plants a week before others do. I harvest before the appearance of amber trichs and when there are still many clear. I believe you loose that "high" feeling if you wait until trichs on an indica go amber. You migh feel more couchlock and the stone be heavier, but you loose that real "high". I cut early..

I believe BBXNL has several phenos, you probably know better than me. The northern lights pheno I was given cuttings of and it finishes fast. Its done really by the 20th of Sept here.

You interest me with your crosses johnnyhash. I intend to hit Texada with my maple leaf indica female this year and I had intended to tap that same ML with the NL pheno of BBNL.

I just received my Dr A's BB x NL in the mail today. I got them on Seed Bay for $65. You sort of have to watch for them but they are there pretty often.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
good luck with the crosses silver back my bbnl male really imparted that grape flavor in the crosses with select phenos, aswell the heavy yield. why dont you hit that timewarp with a little bbnl pollen aswell make some primo babys lol. Early strains up here hmmm thiers some but the quality is usually lacking i hear guerrila gold is great i like my lowryder hybrids . got a nice pheno of white rhino x lowryder tastes like bubblegum should be done by end of augest.

white rhinos x lowryder

Latest posts

Latest posts