What's new

Top 10 things NOT do do when arrested

_Dude

what if they are not there for you, or for something thats happening in the neighborhood, and they knock? do you still not open the door and talk through it, risking unessessary suspicion? can you open it a crack? like some little girls lost or something. you'd be an asshole right?
If you can't answer these kinds of questions on your own, you might want to consider another line.

I think the big problem with most in, er, "non-traditional" lines of work is that they're underqualified.

No, you don't open the door. Talk through the door. If you can't come up with an excuse...? How hard is this? You have a nasty flu, you're naked and exercising, you're having sex, you have social phobias.

STOP MINDING WHETHER YOU'D BE AN ASSHOLE. That's the first thing that has to go out the window when dealing with cops.

EMBRACE YOUR INNER ASSHOLE. Become one with him. Say it in the mirror until you believe it: "I am the world's biggest asshole." And no, that doesn't mean verbally abusive, violent, or profane. Cops love it when you curse, use foul language, or confront them physically. Makes you a nice guy in their book, because now they've got you.

_Dude

The one reason I can think of to talk to cops through the door if they saw you enter rather than ignore them is they could kick down your door and cook up some BS about how they feared for your safety because you were non-responsive (I've heard reason to believe someone is injured or incapacitated inside is cause for cops to enter without permission). In that case, just tell them you are fine and you don't want to talk. Make a sandwich and listen to them, and say, "no, I'm fine" where appropriate, lol.

_Dude

actually wrong, when cops recieve a call to a house related to someone being in danger, they have the right to go in and look around to make sure everyone is ok....so they ha dthe right to go in and look around...

the fact that there was no woman living there means for sure someone snitched him out by making a prank call
All the more reason not to open the door. If they have a warrant or probable cause, they can go get a battering ram, too. They don't need me to open the door for them.

the fact that there was no woman living there means for sure someone snitched him out by making a prank call
Or the cops got a rat tip, and made up the "emergency" call.

They lie - they are allowed to lie - and even if they aren't supposed to, they do anyway, and make shit up to justify it. They rehearse this shit - they are trained to fuck you over, and then get together to make sure story sticks.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
All the more reason not to open the door. If they have a warrant or probable cause, they can go get a battering ram, too. They don't need me to open the door for them.

thats the thing, they dont go away in that kind of situation....picture some guys killing his wife and the neighbors call the cops saying they heard screams, cops show up and no one answers....do you really think they are just gonna go away? this is why its their policy to go in and look around..this is not search warrant and they are not allowed to touch your stuff, just look, but if they see something that gives them the right to search then they gave the right to

Or the cops got a rat tip, and made up the "emergency" call.

They lie - they are allowed to lie - and even if they aren't supposed to, they do anyway, and make shit up to justify it. They rehearse this shit - they are trained to fuck you over, and then get together to make sure story sticks.

yes they do my friend...happens 99% of the time

Meraxes

Veteran
allright, Dude i got when the the first person said it, youre the third beating a dead horse and insulting my intelligence which i'm sure far exceeds yours. congratulations for having more 'cops at your door' experience , you sir are hardcore.....

_Dude

thats the thing, they dont go away in that kind of situation....picture some guys killing his wife and the neighbors call the cops saying they heard screams, cops show up and no one answers....do you really think they are just gonna go away? this is why its their policy to go in and look around..this is not search warrant and they are not allowed to touch your stuff, just look, but if they see something that gives them the right to search then they gave the right to

But I think "these crazy cops kicked in my door over a bogus tip" sells better in front of a judge than, "I let them in."

Residents have a right to privacy in their own homes. That right is lessened when you choose to open your door and expose the interior of your home to strangers. So is the expectation of the right to privacy.

If someone calls in a bogus tip that they heard a woman dying inside and you open the door to police, they can now claim they smell dank - regardless of whether they are justified to enter based on the bogus tip, you have now given them a legal justification for entry. Same goes for your behavior; it's harder for a cop to claim he read your body language, giving him probable cause, when you were sitting in the bedroom with your lips zipped.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran

yes they do my friend...happens 99% of the time
This is why its important to have a pad-lock locking the entrance to your grow space instead of just having a dead bolt or knob lock.

At least in the event that the cops entered your house "chasing" a perp or similar bullshit. It might help in the fake neighbors heard gun shots coming from this house or whatever.

A locked pad lock on the outside of the room means that no perp was chased in there and locked the door behind him. The cops have no right to search a pad locked room vs.. if chasing someone into a home and finding a locked room.. which may have been locked by someone on the inside.

Buddy of mine was popped on a fake 911 call. (dude didnt even have a phone line). He opened the door and told em he didnt have a phone.. they wanted to check anyways.. he said get a warrant and shut the door. Well.. they did and it didnt take long. By opening the door they said they smelled "fresh" weed and the warrant was a go.

Not answering the door would have kept him out of jail. They came knocking in the 1st place... they would not have came knocking if they already have enough for warrant before that brief visit regarding the 911 call.

My door doesn't get answered for ANYONE unless they've contacted me prior to let me know they are coming. The police, Jehovah witness, people selling steaks, and anyone else visiting UN-invited can all get fucked... I don't care if they know I'm home. My neighbors can holler at me if they see me walking to my car.

If I get busted I wanna be picking pieces of my door out of the carpet..I cannot think of a reason that I wouldnt be unless I helped them arrest me. In a vehicle I have no problem having a dog "tear my shit up" while I stand up for my rights by not consenting to a search. (whether I got anything or not)

And for the love of god why do people thank the police after they've handed them a speeding ticket or other citation? I've noticed a lot of people do this and I cannot for the life of me understand why?

:tiphat:

Even if you are busted.. the bottom line is .
If you let the police in your house you leave your lawyer no defense. At best you'll do a plea deal as you will not be getting off.

////////rant

actually wrong, when cops recieve a call to a house related to someone being in danger, they have the right to go in and look around to make sure everyone is ok....so they ha dthe right to go in and look around...

i believe you are wrong. one thing i forgot to mention is that they found out the call came from another state. so yes he was ratted out.if he had not opened his door he wouldnt be in jail right now. there was no probable cause.if the phone call had come from inside the house it might have been another story.

igrowone

Veteran
this can also be a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation
had a LEO come a knocking, opened door(some disagree with that choice)
he was running a check on cars of a particular make/model, which i happened to have
typical convenience store robbery, no plates, just car description
he checks me over in the way LEO does, decides this is a dry well
if i had ignored his knock, told him 'go away, i don't talk to cops', behaved sketchy, i would have been put on the LEO radar screen
that's not proof of anything, but 'proof' seems to show up when they think they need some

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I pray that if I am ever busted that I am given the chance to dissemble via a knock and talk heads up.

In my opinion there are 4 types of busts.

- You are a person of interest and placed under investigation. (worst case scenario)
- They caught wind of your name (dont know you) and doing a knock in talk to find out more. (best case scenario)
- They know you and deem you an idiot that will let them in if they pressure you. (prove them wrong.. dont answer and tear down)
- Random X Factor bust that is unavoidable..like a tornado exposing your grow or unrelated house fire/ break-in, etc. (ah shucks.. your gig is up)

if i had ignored his knock, told him 'go away, i don't talk to cops', behaved sketchy, i would have been put on the LEO radar screen
If you just ignored the knock you could have been taking a shit or a shower for all they know. Maybe in a small town or something being sketchy might put you on a radar screen, but around here I don't see the police having the time to investigate or be bothered by someone who told em' to get fucked. They'll likely just right you off as someone who hates the police.. they get this a lot as there are a lot of people out there who do hate the police and aint afraid to let em know.

I tell em the truth..I've told em in the past that I wont talk to their pork fat asses because I don't trust their motives and its how my momma raised me. They know its the truth..they know their corrupt... People need to be raising their kids to not trust the police instead of always kissin' ass every time they are in an encounter with one. Question authority.. don't suck its dick... they are supposed to be civil servants performing a job for us.

Cops don't care about you.. they just want the perp.. regardless of if its the right guy or not. They'll put an innocent man behind bars with no remorse simply to call it "case closed". By avoiding talking to them and/or being in their presence you reduce this risk immensely.

I have a real life situation when not talking has been of some benefit. Was pulled over after some drinking. Was "cover one eye" drunk. Cop said how much have you had to drink, I said I don't drink. He had me step out and started giving me a sobriety test (BTW, this won't work in Cali where they strap you down and pull blood). Anyway, so as he's explaining that I need to follow his pen, I look over a the other cop looking into my vehicle. Cop tells me I have to pay attention to him, and I say no, that one is distracting me from looking at the pen, and I don't want to try his pen test. He cops an attitude and asks why I don't want to do the test and I say because I don't want to.

So the arrest begins, and he starts asking other questions, and I tell him he'll need to get that info from my lawyer including my present address. As he's putting me in the car he asks if I have any drugs or weapons and I answer that I am not answering any questions, and he throws me in.

The day comes that I have to go to court for a pre-trial with the prosecutor. Knowing she has no scientific evidence of intoxication she has to reduce the charge. My lawyer comes out and asks if I'll settle for wreckless op, three days jail and dui classes, I say yes on the first one, but no to the classes or jail. He comes back out 5 minutes later and says OK, its settled. And this is in a town where no one gets off like that.

And yes, I know drunk driving is bad. It was still expensive as hell. $500 dollar fine and $500 to the lawyer. And I don't drunk drive anymore but if I did, it would be a first offense, and not the major smackdown of a second offense.

Latest posts

Latest posts