What's new

Too Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die (Resurrected)

dogscot

Hello hello. So I noticed that the pictures off the previous too weird to live, to rare to die thread have disappeared. And since this is such a rare specimen I thought I should put them back up. So once again here is one of the funniest plants you've ever seen.

It was a lowryder 2, growing in an aerogarden. I don't really know what went wrong with it to be honest. It all started out so well. Here is an early picture, before all hell broke loose.

It looked so nice at this point. Then the first strange thing happened. It just stopped growing, or seemingly so. For about three weeks it stayed this size. I'm not exaggerating. If I looked into the res I could see that it was obviously doing something, the root mass was developing but that was about it.

So after those three weeks I began to wonder whether there wasnt enough light penetration, after all the aerogarden only has CFLs and the plant was relatively far away from the lights. So in a desperate attempt I hung up a temporary extra CFL, that kinda just dangled above the plant until it was large enough to reach the main CFLs. And it started growing again! Here we go.

Getting a little bigger now, but it started eating itself as you can see down low. I was giving it nutes, was ph correcting so I dont really know what was going on. Well actually I do have an idea. I don't really know why but my ph would fluctuate extremely rapidly, Im talking like 1 to 1.5 ph in like a few hours. And no my ph meter didnt need calibrating, I did this many many times. So I think there was just far too much ph down being put in the water. I kept putting it in to bring the ph down which just kept soaring up. This must have caused some form of a lock out. Anyway by this point I wasn't really bothered about the plant. Just wanted to see what would happen. So I let it go.

And it merrily continued to grow, albeit in its weird and unique way. As you can it even started to show female traits. You cannot imagine how excited I was buy this. Good lord. By this point I had given up ph correcting. It seemed to be doing more harm than good. So I let it keep going, growing... growing...

It just kept getting bigger and more hilarious. At some point the plant started to go hermie on me, not to mention there were two males near it so they must have pollinated the female parts. As a result I started getting male parts, female frosted parts, and seeds. Awesome. Anyway onwards with the experiment.

This next photo is the last one I took of it before harvesting. Its the latest picture I have of this plant. You can see that there was just so much yield that I had to give it some support at the base. Anyway here it is, the legend in all its full glory before it was so cruelly cut down.

And there it is. Ill put up some more pics for your entertainment.

Check out this sick bud shot. Man that is fucking epic!

Check out this mega frosty side bud. Better not get too close or you'll catch a cold!

And there you have it. The tale that is almost too great to tell. I hope you enjoyed it and that you have much pleasure from looking at this majestic entity.

dogscot

I guess I should add one last thing. Little bit about the bud itself. It was mega mega skunky with a side of lemon. Really really nice I have to say. Unfortunately the yield was so low (probably about .1 or .2 grams... no definitely not .2, .1 for sure) that I wasn't really able to gain a discernible high off it. Was it fun though? Yes. Would I grow it again? No, I dont think that anything as special as this can ever be grown again.

dogscot

Hey unclefishsticks. Thanks for stopping by. I had a look and I think that each CFL in the aerogarden is 26 watts. I think it only got light from one of the bulbs as the other was probably too far away. And I got a half smoke, say about 15 hits maybe.. But I'm from europe so I use tobacco in my joints. Its just come to my attention that the rest of the world does not do this. But anyway thats 15 hits with about 50 percent or so tobacco. So that gives us (15/2)/26 which is approximately 0.29 hits per watt. Hilarious. Good question.

dogscot

Lol thanks LiLWaynE. Don't know if you're joking or not but awesome either way.

Edit: I see that you weren't joking. Thats awesome man, thanks for the nomination. Hilarious.

ButteredIt

This is my favorite thread on icmag hands down. Thanks for the resurrection dogscot. You made my friday. That's one hell of a plant...awe inspiring...whatever sex it is. How much bubble did you get from the trim?

dogscot

Hey ButteredIt and pureknowledge. Thanks for dropping by. Butter thanks for the mega good wishes. Glad I made your friday night. Can't say there was all that much bubble off the trim....

pureknowledge. SOG eh? Maybe with the six or so beans it made...

L

LowGrow

I got one of these gay hermie plants off low 2's too started out male then bam some crystaly pistols on top grew out 2 more one other one was a mutant and didn't even look like weed but was the highest yielder at a whopping .6 grams the other one had the right form and the best smoke but only .3 grams.... crapola. but i will grow it again because I think the crosses with this plant to a quick growing indica could really find a gem in there. Im thinking pakistan valley pure landrace to low 2. could be a fun experament hmmm:chin:

dogscot

Man. Sounds like you had equal successful/failure as me. But man you just gotta enjoy the hilarity and ride on. Sweet. Thanks for the post lowgrow.

ButteredIt

we need to explore this breeding potential. was it breeder steve or DJ that recognized the significance of 'reverse hermies'? anyways i'm sure not many growers on this website would have kept such a specimen alive had they run into it... i'm glad you saw it through to its finish.... did you manage to get any viable seeds out of her/him/it? i'd love to see the kids of this thing...

god bless you dogscot. god bless you. keep up the good work.

dogscot

Hey butteredit. Glad to see you stopped by again for some of the magic that this thread provides. I'm also glad I saw it through to the end. I didn't have the heart to chop it early. It clearly wanted to live regardless of what nature told it to do. And yes I did indeed get some seeds out of it. I got about 12 I think of which 5 or 6 were viable. Ill be germing those next year, sometime early january. This time though they will be under CFLs. Can't do HPS this time round.

L

LowGrow

I was dumb and I pulled it because it stoped growing but then noticed an immature seed on it..... :wallbash: If I had let it go 2 more weeks i may have had 3-4 seeds from my hermie self pollinated as it was the first to sex way before the others (also the only one with true autoflowering traits as it flowerd under 24 hours light) the rest of the plants refused to flower until i brought the light down to 20/4 they went like easily a month past the expected finish time.... was not happy but once again I see the potential with breeding. what it sounds like to me is these hermie stunted plants could be almost pure rudalis phenos as im sure the rudalis that they began with was naturally a herm which means with those plants you could make your own version of lowryder or use it to selectively shorten a long flowering time breeding out the herm traits while favoring the short flowing time. also I think it could be interesting if someone found a pure XX female in lows and used collidial silver to get seeds...

dogscot

Man... itsgrowtime... big dis eh? Whatever... some people see the beauty and some see the disaster of it all. Each to their own. Thanks for stopping by.

Edit: Oh and itsgrowtime. The roots. The roots looked glorious. Nice vivid white colour, with some vague browning in places. I wouldn't have thought this was an unhealthy plant looking at this from the root mass.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Man... itsgrowtime... big dis eh? Whatever... some people see the beauty and some see the disaster of it all. Each to their own. Thanks for stopping by.

Not my cup of tea, no. I'd have been terrified of pollen getting into my garden of ladies.

But someone loves this dog too so what can ya do.
ugly%20dog%202.jpg

Edit: Oh and itsgrowtime. The roots. The roots looked glorious. Nice vivid white colour, with some vague browning in places. I wouldn't have thought this was an unhealthy plant looking at this from the root mass.

That's interesting that the root structure appeared normal. Thanks for answering.

dogscot

Well thought out reply man. Each to their own. Thanks for the post again itsgrowtime. Cant say I enjoy that dog particularly either...

L

LowGrow

lol that dog is ridiculous. Mine also had very good root growth which strengthens my hypothesis that these are phenos leaning very heavily towards the rudalis side of the gene pool perhaps even close to 100% due to resesive genetics. Opinoins on this theory?

dogscot

Oh man. This is getting intense. I really dont have enough experience nor knowledge in genetics to comment on this. But thanks for the theory and I welcome everyone to comment their thoughts on this topic that lowgrow has so eloquently summed up. thanks lowgrow!

Latest posts

Latest posts