What's new

Too late for lowryders?

NorternHeights

Is it too late to put out autoflowering lowryder#2's in mid july here in norway?
It's around 17hours light that'll slowly decline to 12/12 in the end of september.
If I put them in the ground within a week, they'll be finished in mid september.

Will lowryders grow at 16-17-18 hours light or do they need 20hours a day?

NorternHeights

Thanks, I'll hopefully have them within the end of next week.
I'm at 59 northern latitude by the way, you still think it's possible to harvest 15-30grams per plant?

P

perakko

yep, should still be possible they take something like 8-9 from germ to finish. lr#2 could give you those kinda yields given good conditions and a lot of rootspace. the original lr prolly gives something like 5-10 g / plant.

rebelweed

My experience from growing lowryders in Norway is that they take about 1 extra month to finish outside compared to inside. They seem to stay in a vegetative state for about 8 weeks and flower for 4-5 weeks outside, compared to 5 weeks / 3 weeks inside.

I really dont know what causes it but it seems to be this way with all the lowryders I have tried outside in Norway. Weather? Temperature? Location? Soil? No idea...

So that being said - you definitely risk a disappointing project. The lowryders also don't seem to thrive much outdoors, they grow much more vigourously inside.

I realize you wrote this nearly a month ago but mid july is definitely about as late as you can plant lowryder seelings and expect them to finish. Unless you live some warm place like Jæren, I guess.

Also, don't plant seedlings out immediatly, grow them for a few weeks in a controlled environment, or you will almost certainly lose most of your seedlings in their early days.

Good luck, hope everything works out and you end up with a good smoke. Well grown lowryder bud is every bit as good as anything else.

Latest posts

Latest posts