What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Too late for lowryders?

NorternHeights

Is it too late to put out autoflowering lowryder#2's in mid july here in norway?
It's around 17hours light that'll slowly decline to 12/12 in the end of september.
If I put them in the ground within a week, they'll be finished in mid september.

Will lowryders grow at 16-17-18 hours light or do they need 20hours a day?

NorternHeights

Thanks, I'll hopefully have them within the end of next week.
I'm at 59 northern latitude by the way, you still think it's possible to harvest 15-30grams per plant?

P

perakko

yep, should still be possible they take something like 8-9 from germ to finish. lr#2 could give you those kinda yields given good conditions and a lot of rootspace. the original lr prolly gives something like 5-10 g / plant.

rebelweed

My experience from growing lowryders in Norway is that they take about 1 extra month to finish outside compared to inside. They seem to stay in a vegetative state for about 8 weeks and flower for 4-5 weeks outside, compared to 5 weeks / 3 weeks inside.

I really dont know what causes it but it seems to be this way with all the lowryders I have tried outside in Norway. Weather? Temperature? Location? Soil? No idea...

So that being said - you definitely risk a disappointing project. The lowryders also don't seem to thrive much outdoors, they grow much more vigourously inside.

I realize you wrote this nearly a month ago but mid july is definitely about as late as you can plant lowryder seelings and expect them to finish. Unless you live some warm place like Jæren, I guess.

Also, don't plant seedlings out immediatly, grow them for a few weeks in a controlled environment, or you will almost certainly lose most of your seedlings in their early days.

Good luck, hope everything works out and you end up with a good smoke. Well grown lowryder bud is every bit as good as anything else.