What's new

Too cramped or good to go

Hey y'all- so I have these bush indica dom northernberry and skunkberry in soil under a 600 MH dimmed down to 75%. Plan is to scrog when they get to 8" to leave some room for working underneath. They have all been topped once.

Taking a long time to gain height- will I have room in there to flower if I let em go for a few more weeks, maybe a month, before flowering? They've been in those pots for 5-6 weeks, 8-9 weeks from seed. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 8

packerfan79

Veteran
They will most likely bush out more when they go through the stretch. Most people don't do a true scrog anymore. Are you planning on weaving them or just using the net for support? If you are in soil you should probably up pot them.you don't want to get root bound.

Interesting, they just train em and support them? I was going to weave them, unless it's just going to take too long or give me similar yields to just bending and supporting them.

Hmmm some new leaves do twist, I hope it's not root bound. They fix themselves after they grow a bit I just thought it was the blueberry genetics.would you up to like a 5gal? I was hoping the 3s would be enough but I want to do it right. First grow I'm still learning

Asslover, hahah, I did try that in the beginning but my temps were getting into the mid to high 80s at times. With spring temps coming too I just thought it would be less stressful to keep it lower and not battle with high temps. At a nice 77-81 for highs now.

I should mention that's with a 6"inline and air cooled hood. I could get them lower by cranking the voltage higher but I sleep right next to it and ambient humidity is low as it is right now.

n_d_ledz

Interesting, they just train em and support them? I was going to weave them, unless it's just going to take too long or give me similar yields to just bending and supporting them.

Hmmm some new leaves do twist, I hope it's not root bound. They fix themselves after they grow a bit I just thought it was the blueberry genetics.would you up to like a 5gal? I was hoping the 3s would be enough but I want to do it right. First grow I'm still learning

I suggest not weaving them through the screen any more than once.... Let the main grow through and train it back down to the screen... harvests get a bit easier when you dont have to pull a few oz of bud through a screen...

Your light is intense enough to handle this area as a scrog or supported grow. Supported is easier to go with but a 12" plant can finish at 36"....24-30 most likely..... with the screen, you'll not have to worry about distance to the bulb as it will be controlled.

My screen is just string with a wood dowel frame. I just laid it on some clips that are clipped to the tent frame at 8". I figure if I fill it and working in there becomes too difficult I will just cut the strings loose and remove it then finish the plants as they are at that point. I don't think I will wait more than another week two before I flip to 12/12 and swap over to my hortilux hps.

Does this plan sound reasonable?

Let's see the tent is 6', the hood is 1', and with 1' min of space between the lamp and canopy leaves me with what like 4' maximum? We'll say 3 to be conservative. the screen is at 16" from the floor so now we're down to 20" of available grow space above the screen. Seems like a good amount, I think. thoughts?

Figured I would post a pic with the screen and of the overall setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpg
    IMG_3154.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3155.jpg
    IMG_3155.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 8

n_d_ledz

Let's see the tent is 6', the hood is 1', and with 1' min of space between the lamp and canopy leaves me with what like 4' maximum? We'll say 3 to be conservative. the screen is at 16" from the floor so now we're down to 20" of available grow space above the screen. Seems like a good amount, I think. thoughts?

Brother it seems as tho you got it figured out!

If that was my scrog setup, flower would happen in the next 2 days. 10 days of tying through the stretch will about fill that screen and give a nice 6-8" canopy of buds. Too much veg will kill a scrogs efforts as you cut suckers off below the screen and above that wouldnt have been otherwise.

Thanks guys! I'm loving it, can't keep myself out of there. That little 3x3 space keeps me calm in an otherwise stressful world:)

I may flower soon as you suggest, not sure how much they'll stretch and I don't want a jungle in there, this is just a legal personal grow anyways.

Cheers

@Adeedoesit

Asslover, hahah, I did try that in the beginning but my temps were getting into the mid to high 80s at times. With spring temps coming too I just thought it would be less stressful to keep it lower and not battle with high temps. At a nice 77-81 for highs now.
you should use t5's in veg and that would cut back on temp and cost also there really affordable , when you flip the lights to 12/12 use you hid's then get a high pressure sodium bulb ideally you would want metal halide too ...went the out the hot air.and vent in cool air!!! that will keep you from having a powder mildew problem..

@Adeedoesit

you should use t5's in veg and that would cut back on temp and cost also there really affordable , when you flip the lights to 12/12 use you hid's then get a high pressure sodium bulb ideally you would want metal halide too ...Vent the out the hot air.and vent in cool air!!! that will keep you from having a powder mildew problem..

:peacock:

I made the switch this morning. Good thing too bc they grew a couple inches just today! Hope they don't get too crazy, I'll post an update when they're looking nice and pretty:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 5

n_d_ledz

Nahhh..... Veg another week! Lol!

Nice start, 10 days from now that screen should be 90% full. Clean that undergrowth at 10 days. If not above the screen level, chop it....make a clone :)