What's new

Tonys Tent or The Escape From The Closet of DOOM

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Looks like you got everything just about dialed in Tony.

Real beauties!

Your gonna be up to your...

...shins in beans.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one IC lady is fully seeded with KQR and Blue babies, gonna be some fun digging through those. I have a plan to pop 100 of em muahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

I'll have enough sins to puff on while these clones I took flower out. That Blue satellite is looking ridiculous, most pics I have seen of her are more sativa. Can't wait to sample!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
65 degrees today and muggy, frickin 91 degrees at the top of my canopy and cant cool it without the temps droppin or throwin my AC on in the middle of winter.

I opted to remove a milkcrate and lower all the plants about 13 inches, that puts the canopy at around 83-84 degrees. Less light intensity for a day or two till it cools off again seemed a better idea them slow roasting at 91 degrees.

Ever since I experienced heat damage last summer and puffy buds I been mindful of temps more, it sure has been showin this run... Chugging along!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today I noticed a couple suckers i missed on the bottom of blue 2. This has been such simple low maintenance grow. Anyhow I figured as they will never finish proper anyway and I reckon she is gonna be fillin out and swellin up fierce this next week or two so
off they came.......
...........................................................................................................................................^^^^ look at the bottom if this little leaf. LOL

I need to get some bubble bags or something,,, the trim of these Blue Satellite 2.2 cuts is gonna be insane.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Those look like you could use them as tester buds too, dry em out and smoke em, just to see how they are...
Supposed to be a bit cooler today, if you're still having trouble with temps maybe you could reduce your lights on time for a day or two to keep the heat down...

Z

Ziggaro

Wow nice man looks like you got some fat buds
Did you have to supplement your mix at all through flowering?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bab I just dropped em a bit lower, I have had the tops at 18 inches from the light at 80-85 temps but I dropped em a little lower till this heatwave passes. lol

@ Zig, Not a supplement but water every other day my friend!

I reckon I'll have a little taste this weekend!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good tony,,gotta get yourself some bags buddy,imo get the "proper" bags tony,not the cheap rip offs that will tear etc,nice work mate,i would smoke what you have taken off early,wouldnt be able to resist it,,lol,, nice one,,tony,,peace and safe growing s2

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I made some gumby hash last time but it is a pain in the ass. Bags it is most likely. Gonna make a kief box soon for when im busting ou the IC seeds. :)

What brand bags do you guys suggest? So many different kinds now... lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
There are some cheap bubble bags off ebay, got like a 6 bag kit for 100 or so couple years ago, they might be cheaper now.
Never did buy the brand name bubble man bags, so can't compare the quality, but the ebay ones seemed sturdy, and the stitching was strong.
Only used it a couple three times, too labor intensive for me.

Z

Ziggaro

Thanks Tony next run I'm gonna have to copycat you so don't delete your sig lol! I'm thinking I could probably go with Roots soil though and add less perlite since it already has coco (and if the nasty rumor is true about FF..).
I use sprung bags b/c they were one of the least expensive, but they are great anyway. I've had them 3+ years and made some nice full melt..

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I know about FF is I swear they got gnat eggs in there. What rumor are you reffering too bro?

Im deffo gonna get some bags massive frost this run. :)

The sig will stay, this has been an awesome run and so easy laid back, cant wait to flower out these clones of these moms I got veggin.

AND Im gonna be a KROM tester for HOL, they are on the way as we speak! :)

Z

Ziggaro

I just heard about it recently but it's been going around for a year or so now that they were bought by Scotts, and as a consumer I like to put my money where my mouth is. I don't like Monsanto and will not use their products.

Shit I think gnat eggs are everywhere.. I'd love to know what soil doesn't harbor them.

I really like how your mix doesn't have 30 different ingredients and seems to work damn well. That way it doesn't cost a fortune to try out for myself. Thanks again!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah no problem dude, thanks for checking out the thread. I have been thinking about baking my soil in the oven next time and adding some teas for beneficials. Just brainstorming atm not sure yet. To be fair I have the gnats under control now after I have been using the dunks.

If you do run the mix post the thread so I can check it out!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just called foxfarm and they said they emphatically denied being bought out. I would post the number but not sure if that is ok to do or not.

She sounded kind of upset, for what its worth, I think she has gotten alot of calls about it maybe. lol,,,

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fungus gnats for sure come along with the mix. I haven't seen a single one since I started using gnatrol the powdered form. I just add it in every other watering or so, or when ever I break some fresh mix out. The shit works really well, it is pricey, but if you manage it properly you can lessen the cost. Treat for first 3 weeks, then just maintenance IE: bringing in new soil. I have over 1200 gallons of the mix being used at any given time and haven't seen a gnat for weeks. So yes they are a pain in the ass but they can be dealt with very easyily. Like most things with this hobby or business, just throw some money at it lol.

Z

Ziggaro

I gotta say the roots bags I got recently don't seem to have any gnats, but I've definitely had bags that did.
I never tried any treatments since they've never got bad or seemed to do much harm.
I think I'd rather that than try to literally cook my soil in the oven though.

Thanks for calling btw I guess I should have figured as much. I bet she has.. now that I search there are threads on several other cannabis boards but nothing substantiated. I bet people have called her up plenty of times who bitched then called her a liar when she denied it.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She sounded so cheerful until I asked my question! Ill update some pics sunday that makes 7 weeks.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blue 2 tester from 45 days

Blue 2 tester from 45 days

Im gonna have a taste, I'll report back soon!