What's new

Tom Hill Pure Haze & Aceseeds OT Haze phenos

bigherb

Veteran
Damn...fabulous! I want to know how the smoke is too.

I would think golden calyx = overdone all amber trichomes. Doesn't that make it hard to tell when it's done?

I'm new to haze...I'll be starting some up shortly... I need something more than your average hybrid.

Everything looks great and the high sounds wonderful. Hopefully I can find something that will get me back to the highs of the 70's...that's my goal...

Bigherb,

Is that your purple haze? Question: why not LST it into something more compact? Seems a waste of space/light.

Again...beautiful!

too shed som light

the original haze was known to produce four varieties MAGNETA/GOLD/SILVER/BLUE magneta is wats fererred to as purple haze a pheno of original haze that naturally turns purple

happyhi has given the most indepth description thus far of the four varieties

with SAMS direct response to me of the ohaze description below that many hav used in their haze articles which is only from 08

quoted sams
bigherb,
"sam can u describe the ohaze smell n taste?"

Fruity, Sweet & Sour, Rootbeer, Cola, Chocolate, very /resinous hashy smell and taste

SAMS description of purple haze below ,which happhi description is agreed was the rootbeer plant

quoted sams
To be honest the purple Hazes were maybe stronger but not as clear or as up and high. I liked the lime greens with maybe a bit of Thai blood. I do remember a med dark purp Haze that tasted just like root beer, amazing. I also had a Kerala that tasted just like Vics Metholated it was Camphor for sure, strong as hell but not as clear as I like.
I grew mex seeds from a bag of weed in 1965.

-SamS

my question was for CBF which is the common taste/aromas reported in his phaze phenos?

1luvbigherb

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Man...that's just gorgeous! Count me in on how she smokes...got to be killah!

Great job brutha!

Peace
BM

LostTribe

Premium user
only way for me to tell is finish a plant, as far as it havein purple traits.

heres a true PHaze plant outta original haze, stems, leaf and bud are purple. theres plenty of plants that will show purple highlights through out flower in the leaf stem or bud, but one that is complete purple is rare and what i consider PHaze.

others with highlights and such i wouldnt call Phaze, but thats just my opinion. i mean when ya call a plant purple haze it damn sure needs to be purple, not some purp leaf and when harvested looks like normal bud.

View Image

View Image

View Image

this plant i call Royal haze as it has the golden buds and purple stems and leaf. not a true PHaze imo, but a great one none the less. believe this one carries the golden haze trait in the bud.

have had a few plants that get gold buds.

CBF

View Image

My ACE old-timer purple haze was very similar but much higher yield that that pic. Turned out to be killer smoke all in the HEAD! Smells of fine wine and cedar with strong incense. Its fantastic and worth the wait to finish indoors.

picture.php

ACE Purple Haze #5 day 133 11/13 (19 weeks bloom)

I hit some of the new C99 with my male OTPH too and can't wait to test em out!

Corsaire

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=244221

I've grown both (Miau Miau Haze is Tom Hill Haze F2) and for me the OTH is more wild, large "uncontrollable" plants with an endless flowering time, while the MMH is more worked, maybe more stable, even if I do not like that word... ;)

I liked both of them a lot, but if I had to choose, I'll select without hesitation the MMH... :)

acespicoli

LostTribe that does look good, im a fan of that gear for sure.
Were the inter nodes determinate or indeterminate do you recall?

Hopefully I can find a pheno like this in there
picture.php

Looking for those sour orange, microbiological rot smells and flavors :)

LostTribe

Premium user
LostTribe that does look good, im a fan of that gear for sure.
Were the inter nodes determinate or indeterminate do you recall?

Hopefully I can find a pheno like this in there
View Image

Looking for those sour orange, microbiological rot smells and flavors :)

Do you mean if they were alternating or paired? I believe they were alternating but do have a few pics in my gallery of the overall plant. She did not go full on purple but now that I have her all dried she appears mostly purple. Not dense at all but more trichome production that I really expected. I too would like to try Tom's but it was sold out last time I checked and not sure if Chi ever was able to get them listed with the bay bou...

My next haze will be Nevilles from MNS I got a pack in the vault 17 in a supposed 10 pack too from their auctions nice. L33r 's grow on that is spectacular, of course its not a pure haze but certainly ought to finish up in a much more reasonable fashion than the wild monster in the OTH....OTH would be quite pleasant to grow outside along the equator or tropical latitudes where she can be truly unleashed.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=244221

I've grown both (Miau Miau Haze is Tom Hill Haze F2) and for me the OTH is more wild, large "uncontrollable" plants with an endless flowering time, while the MMH is more worked, maybe more stable, even if I do not like that word... ;)

I liked both of them a lot, but if I had to choose, I'll select without hesitation the MMH... :)
please, will you elaborate on the differences in the high?

Corsaire

Veteran
Hi bro,

It's a long time ago, I don't remember, all I can do is copy/paste one of my previous posts, sry :redface:

Here's a few quick smoke-reports :

OTH F3 #1 :

little calixes, good yield
taste is sweet/hazy (hazy for me : fruity/floral/pine), great but not what I'm looking for
big big high : powerful, motivational but a little paranoid

OTH F3 #4

middle calixes, good yield
taste is hazy with a touch of thaï
very clear high

OTH F3 #6

middle calixes, middle yield
metallic taste with a hint of hazy
clear and motivational high

OH #2

little calixes, good yield
powerful taste of mango/hazy
powerful incapacitating high, psychedelic, red eyes assured

OH #8

little calixes, poor yield
discreet taste between hazy and metallic
I've forgot the effect...

OTH #3

little calixes, middle yield
taste is sweet fruity/candy
good high, nothing more

The winner pheno is the OH#9 : ready in 120d, incredible yield, powerful taste (mango/hazy/candy)... the high is light and clear but I think it will be much much better with a touch of OTH inside... OH#9 x OTH males #1 & #2 currently being tested...
woohoo.gif

Another great haze is the Miaumiau Haze #3 : ready in 120d, incredible taste (like a berry haze) and resin production, but the yield is really poor and the high is too much light & clear for me...
smile.gif

Vibzzz :tiphat: