What's new

Tokyo Airport Cannabis Blunder....

guineapig

Veteran
The funny thing is.....they still haven't found the cannabis!!!

Some lucky passenger scored a free kilo!!!

Cannabis blunder at Tokyo airport

The cannabis was hidden to test Narita airport's sniffer dogs

An unwitting passenger arriving at Japan's Narita airport has received 142g of cannabis after a customs test went awry, officials say.

A customs officer hid a package of the banned narcotic in a side pocket of a randomly chosen suitcase in order to test airport security.

Sniffer dogs failed to detect the cannabis and the officer could not remember which bag he had put it in.

Anyone finding the package has been asked to contact customs officials.

The cannabis is estimated at having a street value of nearly $10,000 (£5,000).

"This case was extremely regrettable. I would like to deeply apologise," said Narita International Airport's customs head Manpei Tanaka.

Strict laws

The customs officer conducted the test on a passenger's bag against regulations. Normally a training suitcase is used.

"I knew that using passengers' bags is prohibited, but I did it because I wanted to improve the sniffer dog's ability," the officer was quoted as saying.

"The dogs have always been able to find it before... I became overconfident that it would work," he said.

Japan has strict laws against drugs and possession of small amounts of cannabis can lead to a prison sentence.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
So funny !! must be some hard smokers in the customs, with a lot of stash ^^ I would never lost so much weed ! lol

thanks guineapig !

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Guinea Pig: Funny, but 142g<<<1 kilo :redface:

About 5 ounces, 1 million yen street value? ha.
Gotta be at least a couple hundred bucks here:

Who was the lucky person? :D
Although, I doubt it would be primo stuff. I wonder if they just used wild cannabis they harvested, or if they have a coupla 1000 watters and a sweet hydro setup?

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
UPDATE: Dude gave it back. :( Almost as bad as the inmates telling the guards about the wild cannabis growing in the prison grounds.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...ils-cannabis-test-at-narita-drug-goes-missing

edit: Just thinking about this, at first it was funny, but what if the guy had gotten caught with the weed? It seems he was a foreigner, would they believe that he had no knowledge of the shit? I doubt it. When you think about it, this is a monumental fuck-up and just unbelievable that the customs dude would plant a couple of ounces in a random passengers bag. Seriously, the more I think about it the crazier it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts