What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Toermalijn...Worth a trip to Tilburg?

G. Sensi

Blessing IC....

I was just hopin to get some up to date reviews on Toermalijn coffeshop in Tilburg.... It comes highly recommended, but those reviews are also a few years old.... Whats it like currently and hows the selection and quality?

I just wanted to know if its worth the 3hours there and back to the Dam and 30euros? Are Eindhoven or Rotterdam better places to hit that Tilburg?

I plan on flyin over on the 21st and want to spend my time there smokin the Highest grade buds and hash I can find.... Any help anyone can provide is much appreciated....

Love and Joy

-G

DS_Mokum

I lived in Tilburg for about 6 months. The Toermalijn was definitely my shop there. Although that was about 5/6 years ago and never been there again, I still here good stories about it.

But is it worth the trip? Well, my opinion is no. I would recommend you to go to Utrecht or Haarlem. Both nice cities, some very good coffeeshops and they're a lot closer to the Dam...

B

British_Bulldog

G. Sensi,

The reports on Toermalijn here on ICMAG are not old. In fact, I was there in April, got some great quality, very clean Moroccan hash, and posted a report here (see the very popular 'Amsterdam 420 Cup' thread)

It was uncontaminated (only trichomes), and the only of its kind I've seen from a coffeeshop - I checked this using a 100x professional microscope.

They call it their 'Royal Moroccan' and it's 12 euro a gram - highly recommended :yes:

Peace

Tourmalijn is a small cozy shop with a garden you can sit in, great when it's nice wheater. Their selection is quite large, especially for tilburg standards. They have about 8 sativas and 8 indicas and a large selection of hasj. Overall quality is good, however I have had some bud that wasn't completly dry before. But I guess in the two years that i visisted regularly (practicly once a week) that's normal. Quality is still better than most other shops around.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that they are very strict about the 5gr rule. Understandeble though. If you don't have to worry about money go there, they aren't the cheapest around (altough they aren't expensive either) but what they lack in cheapness they make up in quality and athmospehere.

check their site for pics

http://www.toermalijn.com/

Other shops i would reccomend in tilburg (no point in making the trip for one shop) are:

Coffeeshop Level
De Muze
Coffeeshop Afrika (great seating in the back)

Last edited:

G. Sensi

Much thanks everyone... extremely helpfull... ALL of you...

Special thanks to begeesterdechol for the aditional coffeeshop suggestions... if I not feelin Toermalijin (which I doubt will be the case) I got a few other backups so the trip wont be a waste...

Bulldog, I heard alot about that Royal Moroccan... Cant wait to get that burnt!

Looks like I wont be spendin much time in the Dam at all... headin straight from Schiphol out to Tilburg... Once I feelin Irie I'll check the others out then head all the way over to Willie's in Haarlem.... Then to the Dam to hit up the only place I consider worthy of I money GREY AREA.... Hopefully they arent holdin out before the cup next month...

Thanks again Kings

Love and Joy

-G

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G. Sensi said:
the only place I consider worthy of I money GREY AREA. -G

Grey Area has a great rep for consistent quality herb. Unfortunately, recently their quality has dropped some. The Chocolope is not up to par, as it was just a few months ago. Some of their other strains "just aint what they use to be". I use to buy from there, blindly, but now I ask to see the herb, before I buy.

Green Place is doing some excellent nugs these days. You might want to give them a try also. The Blueberry Cheese and LA Confidential are a couple of great choices here. Peace.

galen

h g. sensi i would recomend toermalijn to you but you're already gone :p
let us know youre experience, it would be nice to hear from you what youre thoughts were :p

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Anyone been there recently ? I might go tomorrow and would like to know what's on the menu currently.

Irie !

Latest posts

Latest posts