What's new

To much lime !!! Ph 8.0

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After looking at your pics, I think Senor Bueno is absolutely dead on with his observation about your underwatering. I saw a rather large plant in a 1g pot, similar to this one;
picture.php

When a plant is this much bigger than it's pot, it needs tons of water and food. I let plants like this stand in enough of their runoff that it takes them a few hours to soak it back up, sort of semi-hydroponic. With this ratio, it's virtually impossible to overwater, so the usual drying a bit between waterings is completely out the window.

Also, I think you can just about forget the dolomite issue, I seriously doubt it's the real problem.

hazy

Veteran
You are correct ET.

Adding sulfur takes time and moisture and microorganisms . My soil starts out dry with high pH and therefore little microbial activity. After a few weeks of keeping it moist the microbes slowly start to work on the sulfur. Ironite is my answer to the waiting period. has sulfur in the form of sulfates which don't lower pH but the ammonium sulfate (N) does. and makes that iron available.

i guess i shouldn't have even brought it up, I don't want to confuse things with unneeded info.