What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To move or not to move?

shrike

These are my current cloned girls 2.5 weeks into flower. I was wondering how they would react to being planted outdoors now?

Should I leave them inside to finish or should I move them out to get bigger and better?

Your ideas and comments are most assuredly welcome.

Click for Larger Image

Thanks....Shrike

KRS Juan

I am not an outdoor grower, but I believe if you just plant them now, they will revert back to veg. Unless you shade them and give them 12 hours of darkness a day. The normal outdoor flowering period starts in late september.

If you can shde them enough to keep the 12/12 photoperiod, then by all mean do it. If you water and feed them correctly they should get bigger and yeild more than indoors, but that also depends on the strain.

-KRS Juan-

G

This time of year in the states I think they would revert back to veg stage and grow for the next couple of months and flower in late fall.

That's my guess

Tex

shrike

So Tex, what would happen if I left them indoors and switched from 12/12 to 13/11 or say 14/11? Would they stay in flower cycle but have a little more juice to produce larger buds?

I'm just trying to figure out if its possible to manipulate the light cylce for enhanced flower production(without needing to be a rocket scientist). Leggy, spindly, tall, vacumous growth I'm not interested in.

Shrike

G

Don't reinvent the wheel.

Just keep them inside under 12/12 and feed the good amounts of fertz.

Some bud is better than none. if you move them outdoors you have bugs, rodents, weather, rippers, cops, deer, mold. Too many problems to worry about not to mention a long wait.

G

I don't think that you are going to be able to trick the plants any more than you already have indoors.

Just stick with your 12/12 and it will come around in good order

Tex

shrike

I hear you sharp pain. I agree that leaving them indoors is the safest way to go and I value your opinion.

Its just that I have seen many photos of indoor grown plants that I humbly admit must be beyond my current capability. You know the ones with 1' - 2' main colas.

I read and see threads of plants that went in 12/12 after they are like 5 inches tall and produce HUGE 12" colas.

I veg my plants to 30" and the colas are about 4-6" max, not that I am complaining.

I gues I have COLA ENVY !

Shrike

G

Do you grow in soil, hydro, aeroponics?

What size light do you use?

Do you add fertz?

maybe there are issues with these variables that are limiting your output...Lets look into this and see if we cant help you out....Texas any other ideas?

G

Root lock, nute lock, ph off one way or the other, could be one of those.

Check pot size, check ph level, temps to high or to low, check nute concentration(ppm)

The plants look healthy so I don't know

Tex

shrike

I few details for tex and sharp and anyone else interested.

I'm using a 1000 watt hortilux hps bulb for flower.
The bulb is 3' above the growing tops.
I have a oscillating fan blowing between the tops and the light.

I grow in the basement and have 2 windows open during the day.
I also vent directly outside with a bathroom fan hooked up to an
outside vent.

Temps generally run below 85.
Not sure of my humidity but I think its within range.

The current specimens where vegged with cfl about 200 watts.

The plants are f2 ww from willyjack seeds at www.hiddenjungle.ca

I grow in soil using a combination of Schultz soil, black earth,
blood meal, bone meal, dolomitic lime, perlite and vermiculite. My own recipe, similar to ones I've read about.

My veg fert is shultzs liquid drops (14) of 10-15-10, and 1 tsp of fish emmulsion to 1 gallon of 1/2 rain water to 1/2 tap water to get a ph of about 6.0 - 6.5.

I'm also using Advanced Nutrients BLOOM at 1 tsp per Gallon it's 0 -5-1 starting 12/12/ and plan on dropping the Nitrogen soon.

My plants are very dark green and I have pushed them to the edge of fertilization as a few leaves are just crispy on the tips.

So I have cut back on the ferts.

I've got 6 weeks to make or break these babies, so what do you suggest?

Shrike

G

SOunds to me like your doing it all right........under a 1,000 watter I would expect huge buds not some small airy shit. Maybe keep those babies going and they will fill out... I had 1 pheno of my NL#5 that took 2x as long to flower but i stuck with them and the buds filled out nicely.

Do you have a piece of glass between your light & Plants? if not maybe try this and you'll be able to get the lamp a bit closer.....

Wish I could have been more help, but to me it sounds your doing it all right. I'm not sure about the genetics since I have never heard of them, but that could be a problem.

Buy some of BOG's shit from gypsy and if they dont do well you have problems......

shrike

Yes thanks sharp, my next grow in the fall will be with something new and I suppose I'll buy some seed from SD. You and many other have been chanting the mantra of dare I say BOG genetics.

I don't have a lot of money to blow, so what do you suggest I buy that is a good yielder/taster and a strong buzz. ( I want it all LOL)

There are so many choices that I don't have a lifetime to try them all, but I am pleased with the ww high but it doesn't have much flavour.

p.s. I don't have a glass below the bulb. Is 3' away to far, I'm afraid of burning them if I move them closer?

Thanks so much...Shrike

G

I would move the lamp closer and check on the plants every few hours until your assured they are not burning. 3 feet could be too far away, remember the key is light intensity so the closer the better if you can do it without buring them.

As Far as bog's genetics try any of them they are all good producers from what I've seen and very reasonably priced.

Willy's White widow you say? Don't expect Donkey Dicks from that. More like heads on sticks. You may have to go strain hunting to get what you want. Look for them saying Columnar or Single Cola growing habits. HGF's Shiva/Afghani branches out But produces buds the length of the branch and straight up the main stem. Good luck and Good Growing.

shrike

Thanks herbweedman, its a hunting for new genetics, I go. I'm not disappointed with the ww stone just the buds are under acheivers in my hands anyway, I guess.

Shrike

JohnBudd

Trial n Error

Trial n Error

It sure sounds as if you are doing everything correctly, I would move the light down to about 18" above canopy.
I agree with a 1000 watter that your yeild should be good. Its a back and forth issue between quality and yeild. Quality genetics is step #1.
I have grown with absolutley 0 nutes the entire life cycle of plants, with huge cola's produced. I put seedlings under big lights very early on(2 weeks) but keep 3' away and move very slowly down. To much doting/overwatering is very common problem. I keep a measuring cup handy and keep very accurate times of when and how much to water. Make those roots search!
Good luck man, it sure sounds as if you are doing more right that wrong...but mj is predictable.....watts x genetics x proper watering= big fat ass buds. Practice makes perfect friend, I still have much to learn myself, but you will get it.

shrike

Thanks for the words of encouragement Johnbud. It is my duty to improve my growing techique.

Shrike

jonnyboyer

If I may,you are only 3 weeks into 12/12. From what i've seen they really start to pack on weight the last 2-3 weeks.They look really good with lots of bud sites.I'm sure you'll be pleased with the outcome.Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts