What's new

To Mist Or Not To Mist?

B

bubblegumkings

I dont think misting hurts them at all. i do it up until the 3rd week of flower to keep bugs at bay and keep leaves healthy. but after that i stop because im pretty sure that i ended up with frostier nugs when the humidity was low. and misting will increase the humidity. not saying that i am right but from my experience ive noticed a considerable amount of trich difference from when not misting. stay green . hope this helps. this is from my own experience and not from what was read. so it may be wrong or my conditions might have changed. not sure but imho i beleive you get more trich production without misting.
peace. hope you get them nice nugs

I lower the humidity in my grow area during flower. Misting it raises it. The plants transpire - the more humidity in the grow area, the less they are able to transpire, which means they need less watering, which means that you have less opportunity to feed them and more opportunity to get pests caused by wet soil. Rain outdoors during flower is not the same as misting. There is minimal wind to dry the leaves indoors.

I don't agree that misting is useless (I may be mistaken, if foliar feeding and misting are different). I foliar feed at certain points, and spray neem or dr dorights (also, a fungicide that is basically oils) as a preventative every couple of weeks. However, as soon as my buds start to ripen, I don't spray anything unless I have to, and when I do spray, I rinse shortly thereafter to keep stomata from clogging.

I don't really think my plants get much dust. I go to great pains to filter the air, so I shouldn't have any dust to wash off. If I'm in flower, dust (assuming there is any) would be far less problematic than bud mold, so rinsing dust of the leaves wouldn't really make sense to me - certainly not daily. Spray only if you have no other option during flower, not daily just because.

By the way, powdery mildew grows best in an environment where the leaf surfaces are wet. The risk that powdery mildew poses to your garden is far higher than whatever you are actually preventing by misting.

Latest posts

Latest posts