What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To make Thai stick????

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
I dont understand why people want to deform and smash the crap out of their nugs?

whats the point?

Perhaps variety is the spice of life...

Just to recreate something very difficult to obtain in most places nowadays.

And finally say... been there, done that.

:tiphat:

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
the original thai stick as i remember it was dipped in simmering hash oil

as it says here in wiki--

In modern terminology, thai-stick often refers to marijuana tied to stem as documented above and then dipped into a hashish oil, a potent cannabis derivative which saturates the buds and lends to a stronger smoke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_stick

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi ya'!

Lawrd, do I love the Thai sticks from the 60's and early 70's???! What wonderful stuff!!!!

A solid smack down, whether they were dipped or not! Who F---ing cared?

The ostensibly same Thai strain that is currently available, fails to reach the same euphoric plateau.

I attribute that to my own personal tolerance, as I have steadily self medicated since the late 60's, and within the last decade started to use concentrates.

At this late date, I have to defer, because of my sub lingual oil consumption for pain, I have lost the ability to get euphorically high, so am no longer in a position to be a fair judge of nuiances.

I have since experenced extracts, which I believe better puts cannabis into perspective, but some of my fondest memories are surrounding Thai stick. Alas in my dotage I am unable to recreate it.

Soooooo, were they dipped or not? Don't have a clue, but the undipped Thai weed of current times lacks the authority of that from times past.

Is it tolerance or a change in formulation? Only de Shadow knows?

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i know a breeder who specializes in thai strains, he used to be part of the big seed scene in the 80's in holland.....he has been working his thai landrace genetics for over 30 years....he has such strains as thai x , thai princess(thai x princess 88)....and a few others, he absolutley loves thai sativa....

C

Capt.Cannabis

i think a grower in california should specialize in thai sticks... maybe not opiated but definitely made to look like the original ones with some good thai bud (from a reputable company like ace seeds or something)

trouble

Veteran
I'm looking for info. on the best method to use, for coating thai on a stick. I would like to wrap buds around a stem, coat it with whatever is best, wrap the product in wax paper, shrink wrap, and store long term.
Cleanest way, that wont have the resin all over the paper, and best to handle, without getting it all over your fingers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
I use to make my own version of Thai stick, use bud, hash oil and opium. It’s kind of messy, but I personally feel well worth the effort and mess. I use parchment paper, kabob or chop sticks. The drier the bud the better, it absorbs the liquid opium and hash oil better. Put a chunk of opium in a small pan I use tin measuring cup, add just enough water to liquify the opium, and slowing heat until it becomes thick but still liquified, I break my buds into smaller pieces, and toss them in the cup with the opium, use a chop stick to gently toss them and continue to slowly heat until there is no more liquid opium. The bud will be very sticky and still wet. I put a stick in parchment paper, and run the buds out along the stick, and just roll the bud up on the stick with the paper, lightly press it together. And then let them dry a few days. Then I unwrap them and on new paper roll them in hash oil. Put them in the freezer a few hours, then wrap them with twine. Closest Thing I’ve found to the sticks from the early 70s. I’m sure there are better ways. Now I just throw some tiny opium balls and hash in my weed, roll it up and fire it up. The lazy way.

Attachments

• IMG_1783.jpeg
    IMG_1783.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 22

goingrey

I use to make my own version of Thai stick, use bud, hash oil and opium. It’s kind of messy, but I personally feel well worth the effort and mess. I use parchment paper, kabob or chop sticks. The drier the bud the better, it absorbs the liquid opium and hash oil better. Put a chunk of opium in a small pan I use tin measuring cup, add just enough water to liquify the opium, and slowing heat until it becomes thick but still liquified, I break my buds into smaller pieces, and toss them in the cup with the opium, use a chop stick to gently toss them and continue to slowly heat until there is no more liquid opium. The bud will be very sticky and still wet. I put a stick in parchment paper, and run the buds out along the stick, and just roll the bud up on the stick with the paper, lightly press it together. And then let them dry a few days. Then I unwrap them and on new paper roll them in hash oil. Put them in the freezer a few hours, then wrap them with twine. Closest Thing I’ve found to the sticks from the early 70s. I’m sure there are better ways. Now I just throw some tiny opium balls and hash in my weed, roll it up and fire it up. The lazy way.
Have you tried vaping this mix?

Zeta Reticuli

Once i smoked Morocco hash mixed with a line of cocaine and some tobacco,
was fucked up for 3-4 hours,could not move,still dont give advice to made same as me.

Latest posts

Latest posts