What's new

To fert or not to fert?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I have 2 Nirvanqa Afghani's that are 11 days into 12/12. They showed sex while in veg.

They were transplanted into 2 gallons of:
FFOF 50%
EWC 20%
perlite 30%

on the day they were flipped.

At the moment, I have to a gallon of water:

2/3 tbsn ewc
2 tbsn of guano (3-10-1)
2 tspn molasses
20cc kelp

Question- Should I bump up the N with some Alaska fish or will the guano be enough along witht eh FFOF?

In my most current (2.5 weeks till harvest), I had a severe N def in mid flower- lost all my shade leaves- all of them.

Need your replies tonight guys as the girls can't go another night without liquids.

Thanks,

minds_I

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
minds_I-
Hey, what's up Bro?
IMO the plants need a mature veg dose of N during the first two to three weeks of flowering. I've started seeds in FFOF so there must be very little available N there. I'd give it a week if you want, then hit 'em with a full dose of N. JMO.
Burn1

sproutco

Veteran
The problem with using enriched soils like ocean forest or whatever is that you are left guessing with what is being released and what you need to add. The better thing to do is use something that does not have anything added except maybe gypsum and dolomite lime. Then, you control through your nutrient solution what the plants will get exactly. I suggest trying inert soilless mixes that contain some pine bark and maybe peatmoss. Promix and Fafard are two brands that contain dolomite lime and gypsum already with very little else. When in doubt with the enriched soil, do not increase/add fertilizer. It is better to underfertilize.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
this is basically your last chance at adding N without it being too late in flowering I would hit them with some high release N that they can store now and use throughout the grow

I always find it better to go into flowering with alot of N stored in the leaves and then supply it in the ferts in low levels just to maintain rather then using low doses of N throughout.

Sub's

PS FF is rich in goodies but I'd be very suprised if it was enough to burn MJ when adding any type of fert. .02$

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Well, the tea above that I bubbled went bad (ie the pH went through the roof (+9.0).

So, I used my liquid ferts:

2cc/liter alaska fish, 4cc/liter ej bloom, 4cc/liter kelp and 2 tsn molasses.

Thats a 1/4 strenght Alaska, full strenght EJ Bloom, full strenght kelp.

They looked great last night (24 hours later).

I do want to get back on the guano teas for flowering however.

I think with the kelp and the molasses and the guano at (3-10-1) is a good flowering NPK ratio.

What are you thoughts?

minds_I