What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TO ALL WHO OPPOSE LEGALIZATION

solofoe

My simple take on it is those who stand to lose profit if the artificially inflated price drops, are the ones who want to complain.
I just want to be able to grow a couple nice plants in my garden every summer without risking imprisonment.

KONY

Veteran
The amazing thing about the black cannabis market in the past was that anyone with some balls and some patience could get into the scene and make a business for themselves.

You could literally start with a couple of hundred bucks and a dream and expand a bit each time until you had a real business

These current legalization bills are eliminating that, and only allowing people that are already basically wealthy to get in and become even more wealthy. I'll take black market over that sorta legalization any day of the week.

Many of the states, atleast here on the east coast that are legalizing this year are already practically legal.

Now (after legalization) we have a much greater chance of increasing our laws for illegal growing back to felony charges.

I have lost respect for the average stoner as a result of this.

Green

Veteran
Spread the seeds of love and freedom my children, for this humble herb is a gift for all humanity.

FireIn.TheSky

I'm on the fence. There is pros and cons on both sides. Obviously there is marginally more freedom, but it will also remove the profits from the small time growers that have been making a little side cash and sticking their neck out thru prohibition.

I know there is people that will say those small growers are greedy pieces of shit but let me tell you, no one running large scale legal grows is in it for the love or compassion, they are in it for the shit piles of money, don't kid yourselves. Small growers are the soldiers that kept this fight going, never forget your roots. There was people putting everything on the line to put that weed in your pipe.

You want to see greed how about the people that never cared and will never care one iota about the plant, they just want your money, and the state they would just as easily throw your ass in jail but they want to squeeze every penny from this cash cow.

Nothing is free so long as youre on the hook to pay exorbinate taxes, taxes are the same as a fee or a fine. It is a punishment every time you choose to buy legal weed. As a grown ass adult you should be free to use and grow any medicinal plant free of taxation. Calling it a "sin" tax says it all, you are sinning in the eyes of judgmental people.

Legalization still recognizes you are doing something wrong, this is why they impose stiff regulations and low plant numbers, taxes and fees to participate. Who is the political elite to tell you that you can't grow more than 6 plants, 30 or six what fucking difference does it make.

As soon as you break their rules you are back to being a criminal. Legalization is just a word, the person that gives you something can always take it away.

I hope not for legalization of this or that but one day all humans will be free from oppressive overlords.

Free as a bird flight, only answer to the god within yourself as no man has the right to tell another man how to live their life.

solofoe

What If we stopped pushing for recreation and started pressing the government to let us use it as a religious sacrament like hindu and Rastafarianism. Not taxable at that point.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

crying about taxation???

you're fucking kidding me!!!

for decades the common cry of the stoner was "but the country will prosper from the taxation, legalize it!"

and now as states are legalizing one by one either medicinal or recreational weed, everyone's supposed to suddenly jump on the 'no tax' bandwagon??? In my case I don't fucking think so, at least nobody will be able to point their finger at me like they can at rest of the hypocrites who would say one thing, yet mean another. But imo medicinal cannabis should not be taxed.

When I contacted my state representatives to find out how they'd vote (and how I would) I always included my opinion as to how the tax dollars would help the state coffers. AND! I wasn't making that shit up on my own, again, it was the cry of the stoner across the land.

I don't go back on my word.......

EDIT:
and at least if you get caught growing in a state where medicinal cannabis is legal, you can mount a medical necessity defense, something you can't do in states that aren't med legal. Of course that option goes out the window if it's a federal offense.

Last edited:

solofoe

It's not about the taxation and more about the system of registration that they are building. The Supreme Court ruled that MMJ card holders don't have a right to purchase guns which, to me, means they already labeled anyone that is a card holder a criminal. Or in their own words more inclined to commit crime. You can call it bitching about taxation but if I have give up other liberties to gain one I don't think that Is fair, Or necessary.

Wolfshadoe

Well some interesting thoughts and opinions here.The church thing is the only way if done proper as far as NOT paying taxes.Infact their is A mj church some where..I love the herb whole heartly.But,never As type of worship.No sir..Its put here in seed form from our creater,god .or evolution whichever you choice is..Taxes are a part of life in any business,so I have no argument there.You are spot on about the smaller grower being pushed out of a market that is prime for whoever be smart enough to take advantage of it.However ppl like myself that has 30plus yrs of knowledge of .Equinoxes,solstices.Meridian lines ect will always have a place in the NEW mj world..Hell yall.I been seeing this comeing for 20 yrs.For all who do make it,you have my utmost respect,.Extracts,iols and food ppl.Trade marks,copy writes..Shit yall..was JIM frigging BEAM A citizen? Hell no,but his family prolly gone to shit arguing over that EMPIRE. That just my humble opinion..Peace <ws}