What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TO ALL WHO OPPOSE LEGALIZATION

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is all I have to say to you

2014%2F06%2F17%2F34%2FMiddleFinge.795f1.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I agree with you TUDO.....and I think that most all of us want legalization, but it seems, from what I have learned from others on this site, that they want legalization under their terms, or it is not what they want.

To me real , full, legalization would mean that cannabis would be as legal as tomatoes, to grow, consume and distribute. But I doubt if the worlds politicians/lawmakers/corporations, would ever agree, to let it be like that.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gypsy
A lot of the back and forth on this issue stems from individual states bills...
No one is against your idea of what legalization is...except maybe the people who support shitty legislation...cuz they want to try those hand at becoming the man
But I have a message for all the people who hate on icmag members who are open to thought and strategy
Go fuck yourselves
To be clear...I'm not tLking to gypsy...
Just the idiots...

Green Squall

According to the polls in my state, it looks like legalization will pass. On December 15th, I will no longer be a criminal in the eyes of the law :dance:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes subrob, there are so many vested interests around cannabis legalization, mainly due to the money that it can and does make, and certain people/groups all want it their way, which clashes with the way others want it to be...

I just want the plant to be as free as just about any other plant you care to mention. I want all the people tangled up in the judicial and penal industries over cannabis to be freed/pardoned, and no one ever bothered by law enforcement ever again over it worldwide.

It should be a universal human right to be able to cultivate cannabis.

After all, it is one of the most valuable plants out there, in so many ways, and has helped civilizations since time immemorial to feed, clothe, build and medicate themselves, and not to forget also to have fun.

Grojak

I believe the plant should be legal but not controlled by the government as is the case in many places with "legal" weed.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Full legalization will never pass. The dea just made another ruling shooting it down. Fucking hypocrites have a patent on mj, grow it, but still say there's no med u use for it.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Full legalization will never pass. The dea just made another ruling shooting it down. Fucking hypocrites have a patent on mj, grow it, but still say there's no med u use for it.

the DEA is not the final word. Congress could fully legalize it tomorrow if they would. that would not stop individual states from passing their own laws, however. it WILL eventually be treated like home-brewed beer etc, but this will not happen overnight. we will have to PROVE to the average joe voter that we can be responsible citizens instead of witless stoners. i know LOTS of older church-going folks that think it should be legal, but they are scared by the potential of irresponsible actions -ie- drugged driving, selling/giving to minors etc. they don't want folks getting arrested, but they expect accountability in return for freedom. is that too much to ask for? it aint all gonna fall in our laps in one fell swoop...:)

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I oppose government regulation because it is biased in an unbalanced and unsustainable manner. When something is legalized, it becomes regulated.

Today's regulated markets are biased in the favor of those who already posses capitol. They aren't free markets they discuss in economics courses. The closest thing to a free market is the prohibition black market.

Take a look at the landscape of legal marijuana, strains are being patented now, which potentially means access to something that someone needs to save their life leaves them as legally limited unless they pay up, if they can afford the asking price.

A big pharmaceutical company could just as soon buy and bury them to prevent legal offerings from being offered to the market all together.

The list goes on but to be honest I tire of discussing realities most people would rather pretend don't exist until they are forced to deal with them first hand, then they cry the blues as if they had no say in the matter.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
if it should have never been illegal in the first place based on its synergy with homo sapiens then why the fuck should there be compromise and trade off that benefit a privileged few outside of the political system while screwing all those who kept it out there so it could be legal in the first place

As an American it is my patriotic duty to civilly disobey and as a buddhist it affords me the right to work according to my conscious and still work within the moral framework of my sovereign.

Fine line between compromise and the illusion of choice

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I don't live in fear because I live outside the law because I asked myself when I first started what my conversation to a jury of my peers would be.

I was satisfied with my answer.

sdd420

Veteran
If we want the Feds to legalize we need a majority of states to legalize. California is definitely a swing state. Do this now and follow up with a better bill in 2018

Grojak

If we want the Feds to legalize we need a majority of states to legalize. California is definitely a swing state. Do this now and follow up with a better bill in 2018

Wont happen, don't be fooled!! The State of WA put forth a horible offerings but people had blinders on and it passed and they now live with that decision (props to OR and CO for doing it better). It's voting year and I've looked and can't find any bill to amend the current system.

rolandomota

Veteran
A big ass fuck you to all opposed to mj legalization from me too. I'm waiting for four years of probation for 26 plants because my shithole state (Texas) doesn't allow a medical defense in court. I haven't caught the case yet they arrested my sis and brother in law and are trying to charge them no matter how many times I told them it was mine. It was growing in my walk in closet. It obviously was my room but they decided to not arrest me. Well now I might catch a felony and lose my home health aid benefits it's so stupid. I hope I don't lose that service like if using weed automatically makes me able to do all the things I can't from being paraplegic. They ask me every year if have been convicted of a felony so I'm afraid for that reason. If I can't get down to a misdemeanor by plea deal then I will go to trial trying to postpone sentencing as much as I can. Anyway yea fuck you again if your against legalization.

Wolfshadoe

Yall foregive my way of pecking.I have been away for decade and so much has changed since then...I all along hav wanted to free the weed.No man law has ever stopped me from consuming,ingesting or smoking a herb that's MY god givin rite to enjoy!! However,im jus now CATCHING up on a lot that's left me behind..I saw a TV program..on vice TV wher the biggest MJ grower in US gave US old schoolers a lil PEEK at whats headed our way...And trust me brothers and sisters it aint pretty...BIG money corrupts all in its path.Im sure one day mj will b legal across usa.Folks like myself will always have a place in this new way because we hav knowledge that YOU cant get in a PHD....LOL..Gypsys ultra lite plan bak in the day pops into my head..LOL..But instead DROP pollen bombs on then big money sumbitches..thats OLD school <ws> way of thinking there

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh yeah Wolfshadoe, I remember vaguely the 'Ultra-Lite Seedling Plan' back in the day, when I was advocating dropping rooted seedlings or clones from an ultralite aeroplane on to country and urban areas during springtime, in the hope that they would grow unmolested in all sorts of areas....

Todays version would probably best be done via drones methinks...'Pollen Spreading Drones' over vast corporate sensimilla fields sounds exciting.....just think of all the seeds we could make!

Legalization here means government makes all the money with even more intense legal pressure if you don't have the hundreds of thousands of dollars and political influence to grow legally. So right back at you pal.

Go to some of the government meetings and watch what legalization really is. Or go spend the time and money with marijuana attorneys. Then come back to me and say the same thing.

All legalization means from my experience in two states is government controlled monopolies with more intense legal pressure because now not only are you breaking the law but you're fucking with their money.

One thing I recommend for everyone is get on your state's medical programs as soon as possible so you're grandfathered in through changing legal bullshit and you have some degree of legal protection.

Wolfshadoe

Lol...GN..oh man I can see it now....up front smiling on the cover of the rolling stone!!!l
SEEDED MEGA CROP BY DRONE..i would i love to see that..im all for FULL legalisation.but im against corporate and big money controlling what us old schoolers can and cant do..7

armedoldhippy

Veteran
fly a crop-dusting drone over their fields spraying pollen from industrial hemp...:biggrin: "if you aint indoors, your girls are whores"