What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To All My Valued Employees,

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

here's something 'your boss' neglected to tell you.......

January 22, 2018 CNBC

According to a report from the Economic Policy Institute, the average CEO pay is 271 times the nearly $58,000 annual average pay of the typical American worker.

Although the 271:1 ratio is high, it's still not as high as in previous years. In 2015, CEOs made 286 times the salary of a typical worker and 299 times more in 2014. Compare that to 1978, when CEO earnings were roughly 30 times the typical worker's salary.

and so how 'bout that Tudo..... CEO's were making plenty in the Obama years!

signed

your boss :tiphat:

yeah yeah, I know,
rich guys got problems too... :cry:

EDIT:

AND!!! Payroll taxes??? BULLSHIT!!!
So Tudo earns 50K a yr, but is taxed 17K, just because the boss withholds and then pays that into the fed/state/etc does NOT MAKE IT HIS EXPENSE!!!! understand that 'boss'??? Those taxes were part & parcel all of Tudo's salary/taxes. You don't get to claim that as your expense motherfucker!!! payroll taxes my fuckin' ass!

And the workman's compensation is NOT A TAX!!! It is an insurance policy... and guess what, it protects the boss from lawsuits and liabilities!!! So it's his insurance policy from whatever agency 'your boss' wants to buy it from, ask me to prove it & I'll tell you of the ongoing battle I'm in right now!!! and have been since 2004!!!

hey 'boss', try blowing that load of shit past someone else.......

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's another outlook. Sorry so grainy, sorry for the sound quality but this session had some real raw power to it.......

[YOUTUBEIF]kHA2afBxmbs[/YOUTUBEIF]

yeah 'boss' Cry Me A River :cry:

Amynamous

This stupid OT was designed to do exactly what it did...to divide and piss people off. It’s dog whistle politics, or like wearing a red shirt to the Tiger exhibit at the zoo.

This thread reminds me of my first year at college.

"Let's have an open discussion about taxing the wealthy."
Me - "Redistribution of wealth is theft because..."
"YOU HATE THE POOR, YOU PRIVILEGED WHITE SCUM, YOU (insert hysterical nonsense like what GMT privately messaged me that has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said, meanwhile any and all points I brought up are either ignored or intentionally misrepresented.)"

People get tired of being attacked for wrongspeak. Its why postmodernists dominate these "discussions."

Good luck finding work with your phd in lesbian dance studies, buddy. You certainly have the temperament to be a modern day college professor.
Hit me with that "bad rep," I think the red bars look better than green ones.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey, whatever gets people talking over 'Passionate' topics that need discussing is ok by me...We get a few laughs, maybe we even learn something along the way?

What harm can there be in just having a conversation?

This stupid OT was designed to do exactly what it did...to divide and piss people off. It’s dog whistle politics, or like wearing a red shirt to the Tiger exhibit at the zoo.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
G `day G

There is much more to this .
The boss keeps talking about his sacrifices . That brought him to where he is today .
His disconnect from the average Joe because of his greed .
Wait, what???
He dedicated his hours to building something good, instead of wasting his time on pointless past times which do nothing. Of course he has a disconnect with the average joe, the same disconnect I and everyone who pursues "real life" has with the masses of society.

Yes, there is a lot of corruption in business today. No, not everyone who is rich is corrupt. Having money does not make you corrupt, nor does earning it.

Your hate is extremely misplaced on this one. Good luck with the rest of this thread, I've seen enough.

the letter said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who is stimulating the economy? Me, the guy who has provided 14 people good paying jobs and serves over 2,200,000 people per year with a flourishing business? Or, the single mother sitting at home pregnant with her fourth child waiting for her next welfare check?
[/FONT]

W

Water-

Wait, what???
He dedicated his hours to building something good, instead of wasting his time on pointless past times which do nothing. Of course he has a disconnect with the average joe, the same disconnect I and everyone who pursues "real life" has with the masses of society.

Yes, there is a lot of corruption in business today. No, not everyone who is rich is corrupt. Having money does not make you corrupt, nor does earning it.

Your hate is extremely misplaced on this one. Good luck with the rest of this thread, I've seen enough.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, at least you are aware that you are disconnected .

It sounds like the hate is coming from you in the form of psychological projection.
Are you aware of that?

What is "real life"?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day DC

No social life as a young adult , poor diet , workaholic who is salty he`s not getting enough in middle age.
Yep ,that`s real life for some .

Work / life balance and caring for psyche is more important to me than the relentless pursuit of wealth .

Interesting you mention hate . No animosity for his type . Pity , that they chose to sacrifice the simple things in life to chase a false dream .

And when he moves to a new country and can`t find relaxation because he is brain washed to believe he must continue to accumulate wealth where then will he find his peace ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
insert hysterical nonsense like what GMT privately messaged me

I formally give you permission to openly post any or all private messages that I have sent you! I have never pmed you. You are simply a bullshitter. Either argue your point, or accept you have no point, but don't pretend to be getting bullied in order to have "the bad boy" removed.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The economic fact of business is that if you pay the workforce, exactly the profits that they generate, the business has no profit left. You only get to keep money, if the business generates more than it costs to run. If you keep profits beyond what you personally generated then the workforce has been underpaid for their performance.

insomniac_AU

I've run my own business and I've worked for other people and they both suck. :)
Running my own business was a lot harder and more stressful though unless you've done it you don't realise. I'm relieved to be out of that rat race. Being happy is what's important.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Some people prefer to work hard, instead of smart. Then cry about what they deserve while they piss away money on fast food, and fast lifestyle.
Its a lot easier for the dumb to wait for the government to make them wealthy than to actually use their brain to obtain wealth.

Really is pathetic all the P types I know that never had a plan for life, all the sudden all they do is sit around talking about politics waiting for the government to hand them healthcare, and pay more to walmart employees instead of researching diet\nutrition, learning how to cook for themselves, brushing their teeth, and making a plan to run a business. I've spent hundreds of thousands of hours thinking, researching, and obsessing about my future. If I become wealthy then you can cry to someone else about your deserved hourly wage for plunging toilets.
I'm done being depressed over how dumb people are though. It really was killing my spirit for a while, but whatever.. lol.. You cant force hope on the hopeless

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quote, Its a lot easier for the dumb to wait for the government to make them wealthy / quote
Well yeah, govt jobs require low I.q.s and poor educations, what else are they gonna do.

In star trek, there is a line from a Forengi (sp?) We don't want to end oppression of the work force, we want to become the oppressor. Very much like the attitude of a lot of Americans. It seems to be that some Americans don't just want to do well in life, they want others to do badly. Its not about ending their own poverty, its about rubbing their wealth on the face of others. They want to be respected for being wealthy, they want one rule for them and another for the poor. They see themselves as being somehow different from those who have less wealth. Better than. Its strange, its a concept that you really only find in Hindu cultures outside of the states. The majority of founders were from Europe, and I haven't found that to be the case over here.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Do you ever stop making blanket statements fueled from a blatantly pessimistic perception far from reality.
You may not comprehend the range of personalities that exist in humans, but the majority of people are dumb to common intelligence... The minority are highly intelligent.... The minority are rich.. Statistically speaking, that makes the chances of rich people being highly intelligent high.

Statistically speaking the people that rob, steal, cheat, and get rich without morals also have far higher odds of either getting arrested, murdered, or becoming an example that molds the world in a better way in the long run regardless. Either they have a child that loathes them, and becomes the opposite person of them, or a wife, etc etc.. So your lack of understanding of the nature of the world, and humans needs not be perpetuated sir.

With the technology of today, and the global enlightenment happening. The fear of "the rich" is more ignorant than ever. People just need to have faith, and appreciate what our ancestors suffered through for us to have the blessings we have... Anyone in America crying about inequality should stand in the mirror for a hour every morning, and take a good look at themselves. Truly rationalize the suffering that naturally exists in all living things on this planet regardless of our feelings. Destruction feeds new life. Our existence is because of the death of a star birthing all that we see.