What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tips on shopping for bud in Amsterdam

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Wish I was there. Working in the garden extra hard, doting on the Light Deprivation mini-crop, doing quality work, going organic for my patients, sparing no cost, so that I can afford the Euros to go to my second home for 2 or 3 weeks.. ENJOY it for me..!!!!

Peace..!!!!!!

Last edited:

Locke

go to Haarlem to stock up, better deals then in central Amsterdam.

It's not that I disagree with the pricing, but the idea of stocking up. Part of the experience of going to Amsterdam is having the ability to enjoy weed freely. Experience the culture. Go to the good shops, like Club Media and Dampkring, buy some weed that crumbles the way it should, get a couple of drinks, and chill.

Tip out. €2 can go a long way with budtenders.

Then go enjoy the city. See the museums and other sites. Walk the streets. Look at the architecture. Enjoy it :)

Locke

Wish I was there. Working in the garden extra hard, doting on the Light Deprivation mini-crop, doing quality work, going organic for my patients, sparing no cost, so that I can afford the Euros to go to my second home for 2 or 3 weeks.. ENJOY it for me..!!!!

Peace..!!!!!!

That sounds like an awesome life, congrats! :D

stasis

Veteran
Thanks. Second home is not literally accurate. I will rent a room, or small apartment. AMS is Just my place of comfort that I call my "second home.."

Accumulating different strains and varieties in AMS is quite costly.. Especially because the buds are so "hit or miss."

Finding a good sack of high quality Flowers is good for me, wherever I find it. But, it is the sampling of Hash that really gets me fired up.!!!

Last edited:

Locke

God, I feel you. I'm saving up to go for a second trip atm. I knew I was going to have trouble leaving after I bought my first bag (SSH) from Fantaseeds.

I never really got into the hash there though. It's not something we get around where I'm from, so I was a little intimidated to order some and sit there with what might as well have been play-dough.

How do you use it when you go? I thought about breaking it up and putting little pieces in my joints, but i wanted to get a clear sense of the strains.

stasis

Veteran
I never really got into the hash there though. It's not something we get around where I'm from, so I was a little intimidated to order some and sit there with what might as well have been play-dough.

How do you use it when you go? I thought about breaking it up and putting little pieces in my joints, but i wanted to get a clear sense of the strains.

Hell Yeah LOCKE, it is hard to leave the fun atmosphere..>! Not so much the smoke that keeps me. We have plenny of that here..!! Being in Mokum, however, is the perfect opposite to the sometimes boring life in Rural Northern California..

As you say, the last couple days in AMS for me are always bittersweet. I usually "cave," and extend my trip, much to the happiness of the airlines.. One call = 150usd minimum to change the return flight. But when I am there, I consider how long and how expensive the trip over was, and usually extend the trip if all is good at the Home base...

Dude, DO smoke the hash. It is the Essence of what we get high for..! The Imported offerings are so tasty. The variety amazing.

I recommend a small pipe with a screen to smoke Hash PURE, and get the real taste.. Maybe bong hits with a little pot covered by a piece of Hash. Or the old standby, heat up the hash, and crumble it into a joint of pot...

RIFMAN's Hash products are a great place to start.. At the Dampkring(s). Supposedly Organic, and made from the same Moroccan stock as the normal hashes. No worry in general Bruddah, most of the higher quality hashes are not made with too many adulterants...

Really interesting are the Higher quality Moroccans.. Turkish if you can find it, always seems interesting to me - not sure about the quality of those. Or, the Asian Hashes, Nepalese, Buddha Sticks, Kashmir,. etc... Wow.. Ask the Budtender, be nice, order a cuppa, be patient and respectful, tip them all reasonably, and you will be treated to the attention that you require in order to feel good about your purchases. There are always a couple purchases that I end up not smoking. Especially with the buds.. No worries. I leave them in the apartment for the next Guy..

Gezellig, is the local term.. A certain comfort and relaxation, a Coziness.. Once one feels that, it worms its; way into ones' heart, and AMS becomes a Second Home. Most people end up finding a C'shop or three that are very comfortable to them. Even on a short trip, people get to know you, and it's all good.

"It" got me at the Melkweg, sitting round a big table with 6 or 7 diverse others, talking about life around the world. Passing around the joints and pipes.. Seeing a great concert.

Or The Rokerij on a busy night, during one of my longer trips. My last night in town before returning to CA... No room really in the shop, so everyone squeezed in.. All Cushions were taken.. A rainy night in December... But, warm and Dry in the Shop.
Was hanging with a German Girl who lived in Amsterdam... I TRULY felt that inclusive, relaxing emotion, and something changed inside me. AMS can be so comfortable.... People are very low-key, calm, and cool.. Gezellig is real. Even in a Big Village. Special...

N-Joy..!!!!!

Last edited:

Ruosk

Rifman hashesh are generally good stuff in my experience, very oily with a nice taste and kick. Any advice on finding cheap five gram deals of good quality weed?

stasis

Veteran
One can consider a Street Deal/Local Hookup. Friend of a Friend, preferably - not a stranger. Get an Ounce at one time. Pay Less, quality same or better, depending on who ya meet.

Last edited:

ivape

Voyagers and boerjongens, think that's how it spelt. Both very good. Boerjongens is a little far out of central dam, but definitely worth a visit, always an amazing selection.

Peace

Ivape

fabvariousk

Veteran
Just got back from five awesome days smoking in the dam.
It was my third and by far best trip!
Everyone was super nice and cool.
Smoked my normal ass-ton and wanted to say yes. Voyagers and Grey Area really are at a level above everyone in Amsterdam. I smoked some amazing Acapulco Gold at Amnesia and enjoyed that they had nice bongs to use. Spent a lot of time chatting with the really cool dude who runs Het Overturn and smoked a fair amount of the Big Bud Cheese there but that was mostly because the guy was so cool.
I would suggest though that you spend your weed money just trying the things at Voyagers and Grey Area because if you are used to American dank then it is the only stuff that is in that world. I really hope things don't go away because I love Amsterdam so much. Thanks to everyone for making this American feel so much at home.
fabk

BigRigRob

Don't forget Utopia, check them out while trekking from Voyagers to Grey Area.
char092.gif

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
I'm a fan of Barney's farm, and then heading across the street to the Barney's restaurant to get baked and eat their Blue Cheese burger. One of the only places in mainland Europe that doesn't fuck up a burger to the point where I'm offended as a North American :D

(the cig butts were from cigarettes cannibalized for spliff tobacco, dunno wtf i was doing to those sugar packets)
COQLl.jpg

mack 10

Veteran
ummmm, burgers! looks nice, is this the one past greenhouse utd on harlemstratt,spelt wrong,lol.
Mack.

stasis

Veteran
Free Mayo, but a charge for Ketchup, no doubt..! haha... What is that sauce..?

Ruosk

Back from the Netherlands once again and thanks for good suggestions everyone! I would highly recommend Voyagers too - they had the best weed we sampled. We sampled their OG#18, Kusberry, some Mexican Haze hybrid, all top notch - tasty, smelly, smooth smoke, good high. Especially Kushberry, the taste was AMAZING with slightly sour, super strong berry candy taste and smell and pleasant stone.

Otta, a black hash from Nepal we bought from Bluebird was very good bedtime smoke. A friend enjoyed greatly her Chemdawg, also from BB, though I didn't personally like it that much. Nice taste/smell though. Hashplant from De Dampkring had also very nice stone to it (especially with that black hash... mmm!) and was well worth the price even if the taste was a bit lacking. Other stuff we tried from Dampkring wasn't that spectacular.