Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's the only time I've ever stiffed a waitress:

1999 & I'm driving truck up n' down I-95 from NY to southern VA installing wine refrigerators. Brandon (my helper) & I were headed north and planned to stop in Newark Delaware, our day was done and it was time to have a decent meal as breakfast & lunch are usually vending machine fodder @ best.

I pull off the highway and into the parking lot of a big restaurant shaped/painted like a barn, the place was busy but not crazy and we were seated right away. The waitress asked us what we wanted to drink, I ordered "coffee & plenty of it please." Brandon ordered a Coke. The waitress had to notice my truckers logbook sitting on the table and my request for refills would make sense. "Please" & "thank you" are in my regular vocabulary, especially when dealing with waiters/waitresses etc as they get a lot of shit otherwise. Been there done that.

We were waiting a long time for our food, a very long time and our waitress never came back to the table, I had already gotten up and walked to the bar where I could see a coffee station and got my own. I was just about finished w/my 2nd cup when she tried hustling passed us w/out even a glance and likely hoping I wouldn't stop her, but I did.

"Excuse me." I said, she stopped & spun on her witchy fucking heels and said "What do you want now!!!" in her bitchiest tone. Me & Brandon looked @ each other in disbelief, this fucker abandons us for better than 20 minutes and then comes @ me with that shit??? I asked for another coffee & a soda for Brandon, this time I didn't say please.

Eventually we got our food (& more coffee) and of course I left 2 pennies on the table and had a nice chat w/the owner who didn't seem to be surprised w/her behavior, he didn't offer us any reduction of our bill either, considering the 25-30 minutes waiting time for food and rudest waitress I've ever had the meal should have possibly been comped or a deep cut. He offered nothing & never saw us again although we ate frequently in Newark.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Witchy fucking heels....ha!

There was one time that I stiffed a waitress, and it was the only one I believe. This was down in Florida during spring break time, I don't remember the details, but it was a local breakfast type joint in the Denny's model. We got a waitress that had a very rude demeanor, pretty sure she had chosen to be this way on purpose to be "different." She basically treated all of us like shit, and it was from the first time she opened her mouth. We were all shocked at her style, and we watched her with her coworkers, who she seemed to be in a good mood with.

Anyways...we all stiffed her, leaving our own "little tips" by our plates. I don't remember what my friends left, but I left....wait for it.....2 pennies! HA! What is it with the 2 pennies that get left in these situations S4L?