What's new

Tiny "White Balls" in my coco, smells like mycelium

CaptainKrunch

got fungas gnats

got fungas gnats

thanks for reply we do have fungas gnats trying to deal with them now do they cause similiar problems

Attachments

• 1313053765154.jpg
    1313053765154.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 14

Mukind

Hydrogen peroxide will kill some funguses

If that doesn't work I'd take some pics over to mycotopia or the shroomery and look for guidance, one of those guys will know what to do to get rid of it and how to prevent it in the future

Although they may not have much context on it's harm to plant growth

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fungus gnats can cause major root problems.
their feeding can lead to secondary infections in the rootzone.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen these same things before. Even posted about it and no one could come up with an answer. It's been a few years now.

I've actually go some in a 50 gallon compost drum that has had some soil mixed in it. No plants. No roots. Just amended and inoculated soil. The soil has been composting for about 15 months in this drum. Pulled the lid off it a couple weeks back and the entire surface of the soil was covered in these little balls.

I just shrugged and put the lid back on. I still have no clue what they are. I'll get on figuring it out though now that it's a topic others are discussing.

dank.Frank

CaptainKrunch

more pictures coming soon

more pictures coming soon

looking forward to figuring this out... hope they are good and not bad...ill take some more pictures monday and post them

Latest posts

Latest posts