What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tina Turner is dead at age 83

moose eater

met her doing a concert catering many years ago,she was incredibly nice,invited the catering crew to watch the show from the foot of the stage,what a performer...and then tea on the bus after the show...a true gem
After the years with Ike and her Buddhist rebirthing, she came back into life with a glow that was like John Prine's; real, genuine, full of grace. A model for many people who might otherwise let bitterness suck them down.

Your story is a testament to that Uncle.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Tina Turnoff :p
Grew up listening to her music on the radio and TV in the 1980's, I remember her appearance on Hey Hey It's Saturday.

Cuddles

R.I.P

I was very sad to hear about Tina Turner passing. She was one of the voices of my youth so to speak. Her songs were played on the radio a lot, even long after they were out of the charts.

I had heard about her stroke some years ago and was sad about that. But I had no idea about her other health troubles ( I don´t really follow celebrity news/gossip.
Now, she does not need to suffer anymore.
My condolences to her husband, family and close friends.

May she rest in peace.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Tina Turner wasn't a favourite artist of mine but I appreciated her creativity all the same. One of my favourite acts of Tina was the acid queen in the rock opera and film Tommy with The Who. She was and is a determined beautiful soul who's presence was massive. RIP

Latest posts

Latest posts