What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal x Honduras test grow

RED 1

Hey hey hey! Look who’s feeling better!?

Looks like the flush and the worm castings helped quite a bit, she’s perked up and got a little pep in her step haha

She even looks like she’s trying to “uncurl” her clawed leaves. So that’s a good step in the right direction.

The yellowing in the lower leaves still leaves me puzzled, she’s only 4.5 weeks into flowering so I normally would think she needs food because she’s yellowing her lower leaves this early, but with the clawing I don’t want to feed her either. Maybe a super light biobizz bloom feeding? 2ml/liter? Am I stupid for thinking she needs fed after just getting her to start unclawing? HA!

I’m open to suggestions on this.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Is that perlite you added on top soil OZZ?

OZZ_

Veteran
Is that perlite you added on top soil OZZ?

No, those are worm castings from my worm bin, but I use old potting soil as my “base” for the worms, then add all the vegetable scraps, coffee grounds, and whatever else to it. The worms work it all over until it’s finished.... but the perilite remains. So when I top dress with the castings there’s perilite in there as well ;) :biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Alright! After a little testing and conversations with people that are far more experienced that I, turns out I was keeping this girl to cold and with too little light intensity that was causing an overwatering situation.

I remember reading somewhere that terps are best at around 75 degrees, and that many recommend only 40 w/sq ft of LED lighting. So I kept my light dimmed to 360w in my 3x3 tent (40 w sq/ft).... temps were around 79 degrees with lights on and probably around 68 off.

I cranked my HLG 550 up to full power, which is around 490w draw from the wall (54w sq/ft) which raised temps to around 85 degrees and she’s perked up and the clawing is almost completely gone. She’s drinking her pot dry every two days now.

I even gave her a very light feeding of biobloom at 2 ml/liter. I’ll start feeding her carefully now that she’s drinking and feeding again.

Tikal/Honduras is the tall lanky lady on the back, front left, my little killer A5 haze mom that I’m vegging out, will flower her out too, and front right the jungle vine original haze.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice work Ozz! She's a beauty

Looking very nice

Thank you guys! I foresee a smooth run now that I’ve got her figured out *knock on wood*

Her fresh ginger root stem rubs are delightful. Would love to see some peach come through from the Tikal side but being a Honduras cross it may not happen. Either way this should be some great, great daytime smoke. Can’t wait to try her!

Mountainkush

Looking really nice again. That’s awesome you got her feeding well again.
This current grow of mine is my first under leds and it’s been a real challenge compared to growing under Hps.
Happy holidays

OZZ_

Veteran
Looking really nice again. That’s awesome you got her feeding well again.
This current grow of mine is my first under leds and it’s been a real challenge compared to growing under Hps.
Happy holidays

I agree! Still dialing things in on my end as well as you can see lol :biglaugh:

Merry xmas!!

OZZ_

Veteran
Looking real nice

Thanks ghost!

Just got back from our Xmas trip out of town, and Im still feeling the Tikal x Honduras out. Last night it seemed like she needed some feed. Gave her a light biobloom feeding last night at 2ml/liter and this girl responded by rolling her eyes and giving me a snotty look. Haha I guess I’m stubborn and need to learn my lesson the hard way, but I can take a hint and from here on out I’ll just give her water with cal mag, that seems to keep her happy. Later when she’s packing on the flowers I’ll revisit that if/when she asks for feed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

.... and the killer A5 haze mom looks like she has spread her roots into the new soil, so I’m going to leave her in the flower tent as of tonight and start flowering her with tonight being day 1 of 11/13 for her

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Tikal/Honduras backup clone, just in case this girl doesn’t work out or if we need to move before I can finish her- I’ll have another shot at running her. Next time I’ll be sure to top her to spread her out to keep an even canopy, this time I really wanted to see how tall she would get flipped as a tiny little clone.

picture.php

Killer A5 clone just pushed out roots and is starting new growth, this will be the new mum since I decided to flower out the original mom. As mentioned the original mother plant was getting kind of gnarled so I wanted to replace her with a fresh clone, might as well veg her out to let her recover and then let her flower away with the others!

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OZZ,

Looks like your plant leans more towards the Central American sativa (Honduras, Guatemala and Haze) side of this hybrid rather than to the little touch on Northern Lights it has from Tikal.

These more landrace sativa expressions prefer a very gentle feeding during growth and early flowering, although i expect she will accept much better higher levels of nutrients once she is well establised into flower production.

Thanks for your presence among us and for your great grow diaries this year. All the best for 2021! :)

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ,

Looks like your plant leans more towards the Central American sativa (Honduras, Guatemala and Haze) side of this hybrid rather than to the little touch on Northern Lights it has from Tikal.

These more landrace sativa expressions prefer a very gentle feeding during growth and early flowering, although i expect she will accept much better higher levels of nutrients once she is well establised into flower production.

Thanks for your presence among us and for your great grow diaries this year. All the best for 2021! :)

Valuable input and thanks for stopping in Dubi! I will keep that in mind, and offer her water only for a little while longer until she starts setting heavier flowers. It’s clear I need more practice with these types, but after all that is why I labeled this as a test grow. :)

It’s good experience for me, and this is exactly the reason I will try to always grow every plant twice. The first time to get to know her and understand her habits, the second time to see what she can truly offer after growing her more properly.

Best wishes to you and ACE for 2021! :huggy:

OZZ_

Veteran
Uuuggghhh ..... bad news my friends. Looks like this show gets cut off just as I was starting to get things sorted out. My current work travel contract just informed me that they have found a permanent employee for the position that I am filling in for, so they will not need to extend my contract. That’s the way it goes sometimes but unfortunately it means I need to move again in one month.

That’s no where near enough time to finish any of these Sativa girls so I’m going to have to yank them.

Still, our house is not finished, so I’ll need to take one last contract in yet a different location, again for three months.

I have clones that I’ll keep as mothers and I’ll run those once we are in our final location but I think I better just wait on these long flower satty girls and instead I’ll look to ACEs faster options.

I have the bubba hash, snow moon, the hashplant S1, PCK, and Kali China.

I thought about trying to squeeze in a Nepal jam grow, but whatever I run needs to be done in 9 weeks of flowering amd Im not sure the Nepal jam would be done in time.

So I’m thinking I’ll run the bubba hash and snow moon, seems like they will easily finish in 9 weeks and be about the same structure as well making for an even canopy. Probably the same feeding requirements also. Sorry guys! :) :tiphat:

SolarLogos

Uuuggghhh ..... bad news my friends. Looks like this show gets cut off just as I was starting to get things sorted out. My current work travel contract just informed me that they have found a permanent employee for the position that I am filling in for, so they will not need to extend my contract. That’s the way it goes sometimes but unfortunately it means I need to move again in one month.

That’s no where near enough time to finish any of these Sativa girls so I’m going to have to yank them.

Still, our house is not finished, so I’ll need to take one last contract in yet a different location, again for three months.

I have clones that I’ll keep as mothers and I’ll run those once we are in our final location but I think I better just wait on these long flower satty girls and instead I’ll look to ACEs faster options.

I have the bubba hash, snow moon, the hashplant S1, PCK, and Kali China.

I thought about trying to squeeze in a Nepal jam grow, but whatever I run needs to be done in 9 weeks of flowering amd Im not sure the Nepal jam would be done in time.

So I’m thinking I’ll run the bubba hash and snow moon, seems like they will easily finish in 9 weeks and be about the same structure as well making for an even canopy. Probably the same feeding requirements also. Sorry guys! :) :tiphat:
Sorry to see the show end early, but I agree with your reasoning, why spend power and wear out your lights for no reason, better to pack it in until you get situated in a more permanent home. Kind of funny sometimes the choices life throws our way, but when it comes down to it, life really is nothing but making choice, put quite simply. I think you made a wise choice.
Have a blessed 2021 brother.
Peace, God bless

OZZ_

Veteran
Sorry to see the show end early, but I agree with your reasoning, why spend power and wear out your lights for no reason, better to pack it in until you get situated in a more permanent home. Kind of funny sometimes the choices life throws our way, but when it comes down to it, life really is nothing but making choice, put quite simply. I think you made a wise choice.
Have a blessed 2021 brother.
Peace, God bless

Appreciate that brother... looking for a new contract as we speak. Good news is this will be the last one, as the builders assured us the new, delayed finish date on the house would be sometime around March or April. They assured us it would be finished by then. So that’s good news.

So as mentioned, I either gotta run something quick or just pack things up for the time being and look after the mums.

Latest posts

Latest posts