What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tight tents is this common ?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It's ok if frame isnot getting hot. You might get some wear and tear tho from the extra forces and grinding happening where the material is stretched, but tents are not made to last a lifetime anyway.. so if that's all you can fit, I guess that's what you have to go with. Just make sure the parts that touch the tent are cool enaugh to keep hand on them for a while after it runs for 15-20 mins on max power. If you feel too hot on the hand, maybe not such a good ideea to limit passive air cooling and put plastic near it.

Three Berries

You want the corners and edges tight but the support bars should have a drop to them of a half inch or so. AC Infinity sells spare bars but theirs are a bit oversized from my other two.

My fans sit right on top coming out with a 90*. I use a piece of ridged insulation to set them on across the top of the tent.

Three Berries

You could make something out of a tarp cut to fit and some grommets.

I have my temp humidity probe right by the exhaust exit and the fan is usually on at least 1 speed minimum. The other day I shut he fan off at lights on to help built the heat faster. It didn't change much for 5 minutes so I kicked the speed up and the temp quickly rose about 10F. So somehow the heat was not making it up to the probe without exhaust flow pulling air across.

trixP

The mounting system for most tents and lights suck. Someone needs to come up with a mounting system that will easy allow close to the ceiling mounting.

Someone else here put a ventilated partition between the light and the rest of the tent and it really eloped with the temps.

A proper tent would have some sort of cooling sink in an area partitioned off above the light.
Agreed I was recommended to remove the driver to be safe for weight…..

I love how a tent is advertised 48x48 and my future like 43x47 and we are off

Anyway I will figure it out took a few days off from this project

Ca++

47 and 48 are perhaps both a metric 120cm (48=122) Though that still would touch, rather than stretch.

If it's just frame on the floor, are you stoned? The 47 wouldn't fit in a 48 frame.
Just wondering like lol

I have had corners with unequal length. In fairness, there was a pipe end stopper on the back of the tad longer leg. Placed there as a foot. However I had built too many tents to notice. I failed.

Ca++

I have photo's on my phone, showing how to fold my 3 meter. I had enough of it lol.

I tend to seperate out a few bits. Then if it goes well, I might get them back in again.
Anyone seen the floor of my 1.4 though? I have no idea where it's gone.

Latest posts

Latest posts