What's new

Thrips and no spinosad on market uk

Bio boy

Lovely uk and their brexit bullshit , I normally buy Spinosad on eBay for £10 and it works first time 100% on any pest especially thrips

I found a big ish infestation on 1 plant I am 2 week in flower which makes it difficult ffs , I have yellow paper down

the spinosad avalible only is £45 for a small bottle and long shipping £100 imported postage

what can work fast ? I’ve seen the nematodes and mites you can get but I don’t know how effective they are , lacewings I got once worked from what I saw but I want something a bit faster ?

rapeseed oil at 3% is a good insecticide I’ve heard ? I don’t want to use neem in flower full stop lol so that’s out the window

what can I do that works and isn’t a gamble

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel you it's a nightmare... i finally resorted to ordering from ebay italy... took a week and cost around 50 quid all in all. It's worth it, have to have spinosad in case of emergency. Also in flower you can apply it to the big fan leaves and it will get all of the thrips as they're going for that juicy chlorophyll in the fans and less for the buds. Once they set foot on those spinosad prepared leaves, they're done. Be careful though, only aplpy with a sponge to the big leaves and away from the buds that you intend to smoke later
CC

revegeta666

Potassium soap works great for thrips as its pH is very high which melts the thrips exoskeletons. And it's organic unlike spinosad. Not sure if you want to use it in flower though. For me personally, 2nd week would be my limit.

Also thrips are not attracted by yellow sticky traps, you need the blue ones.

Bio boy

Potassium soap works great for thrips as its pH is very high which melts the thrips exoskeletons. And it's organic unlike spinosad. Not sure if you want to use it in flower though. For me personally, 2nd week would be my limit.

Also thrips are not attracted by yellow sticky traps, you need the blue ones.
Spinosad is organic bro it’s a bacteria found in soil

Nannymouse

I've wondered if a person could 'grow more' spinosad, by putting a bit into tepid non-chlorinated water, with some sugar or molasses to feed it. Might be useful in extending and preserving, if it works. Got the idea from the em1 and bokashi crowd.

Bio boy

Got some py pyrithum extract to use I don’t like it but it’s organic from flowers so will be ok says it is gone in artificially made lights in 17 days so that’s good I’m day 15