What's new

Thrips and Coco?

bubbless

so i've gotten pretty confused reading through all this drama about who carries what.... but i was wondering if this SM-90 stuff is safe to use on flowering plants?

thanks guys

D

DEDHEDFRED

Go check out SM-90 bubbles......I posted the website....Come back and post your findings for the good of the community........DHF.......... :joint: .........

Last edited:
G

guest5703

Yea hey get this everyone, SM90 and I quote if I may from my local hydro store salesmen is "illegal in california" for some unknown reason.....I'm sure if I researched it would show why, but that is weird.

Anyways I happened to get something else they told me to try that is systemic and that is what I wanted. It's called AVID it was in a large bottle but the store cheats people out of buying large bottles and instead bottles small ass bottles themselves. They do it with a lot of shit.....Kind of weird anyway well see if it works I think I'm planning on taking all my plants and dipping them upside down in this mix so they get fully covered. The store said if you touch this stuff it's really not good so if I were spraying I'd have to be more careful so I thought the bucket dip would work.

I'll keep everyone posted ;)

clowntown

Veteran
Wow, that is definitely interesting. This must be recent, though, as I know I've seen bottles of it in the past. The Internet shops seem to be confirming what you say, as well:

No shipments to California allowed.
Note: Not for sale in California
:chin: :chin:

... and I thought I've seen some reputable shops carry it, even somewhat recently. I wonder if there's a different "CA-formulation"? Doubt it; probably just remaining stock, but ... hrmm...

I suppose if you must, there are still some eBay and other non-hydroshop retailers who are either unaware of this law or are too greedy to follow it. Not that I'd recommend this, but...

Very good to know. Thanks for sharing, caligreen.

Last edited:
G

guest5703

wow I'm surprised you can't even get it shipped! Shit I thought you could ANYTHING shipped lol but not even some bug spray huh? Any idea on the reason why California won't allow SM90??

clowntown

Veteran
Update: I just spoke to Nutrilife, and they say that they've been arguing with the state of California for the last year or so about this product, and about 6 months ago the state has put a stop to this making it illegal (to import, or sell, I forgot to ask). The stated reason was that it is considered a pesticide and as such, in CA, it must be registered as a pesticide (which it is currently not).

He said most shops should still have it in-stock, just not displayed on shelves. He also mentioned that this is being actively worked on, and should be resolved "soon", with some letters going out "in the next few days" to all the stores giving them a status update.

bubbless

DEDHEDFRED said:
Go check out SM-90 bubbles......I posted the website....Come back and post your findings for the good of the community........DHF.......... :joint: .........

there's nothing on the website you posted about flowering mj plants, unless i completely missed it? but i called my local hydro shop and they said not to use it during flowering.

so unless otherwise informed, my flowering plants are just shit out of luck?

clowntown

Veteran
Did you ignore/skip the posts about Spinosad? :chin:

Yes, you're shit out of luck; shit out of luck, if you choose to ignore advice given and read only what you want to read.

Last edited:
D

DEDHEDFRED

Excellent post CT........

Excellent post CT........

Guys ....If yas can`t get it in Cali.......What`s the world comin to........Should`ve known it was bullshit political red tape......Push comes ta shove and you can`t find any already on the shelves locally PM me and I`ll get it dropped here in Hell and ship it back to yas ......The shit`s made from the chrysanthemum plant........How much more organic can you get .......Ya`ll take care...........DHF........ :joint: ........

Last edited:

nano

caligreen said:
It's called AVID it was in a large bottle but the store cheats people out of buying large bottles and instead bottles small ass bottles themselves.

I've used AVID once and it was a life or death situation (for the plant hehe). The guy who sold it to you is right, be very careful with it. It is very toxic, nothing organic about it and you should never spray it on flowering plants or the residue might kill you when smoked. I spryed it and I wore gloves, long sleeves and pants, with a respirator.

Just to give you an idea, where I live, AVID is not available to the public, you need a farmer's card to buy it and they use it for cucumber crops. Very expensive too here; it was close to 600$ CAN for 1 liter.

clowntown

Veteran
Off-topic, but how does FloraMite SC compare to AVID in terms of toxicity and level of protection required when using?

nano

I never tried Floramite SC, but AVID is pretty toxic. Just the smell made me want to go outside for some fresh air lol

G

guest5703

Fuckin hydro store, I'm sure they'd have no problem sellin that avid to me and now as I read your comments I'm just thinking oh well do I want to lose all my strains.....

Fuck man, could you help me out a little nano?? I was planning on dumping them upside down in a batch of AVID.....What should I do, will it kill my plants, how much should I use???

I am glad it costs that much cuz I paid 25 bucks for this small bottle and the info they gave me was 60 DROPS per gallon....WTF?? Well anyways please should I use this or not? Thank you

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I've never had a problem with thrips in flower so I'm not sure what I'd do there, but my plants were in veg and I had a ton of them, I just took clones, dumped all the coco I had been using, cleaned out the cabinet, and planted them in freshly expanded coco.

I also have a pretty small setup so I'm sure that was a lot easier on me than on larger number grows.

clowntown

Veteran
Again... what's the problem with using Spinosad, and why is everyone so against it and opting to go the long-term / preventative solution (SM-90) or extremely harmful ways (AVID) for a current infestation? Did any of you even bother reading kokua's thread, yet? Or is that too much work?

G

guest5703

Look I dont know about you clowtown but sometimes I am high and just dont wanna work thats why I ask you guys hoping to get a good answer....I thought I could ask. But anyways I have used organocide and it worked slightly, I have tried neem a long time ago and I'm sure I could use it better now a days but I burned my babies a while back with it.

AVID sounds like it'll burn em too, but it also sounds the the #1 way I could rid my plants of bugs. I really want a pesticide that is systemic and they told me the avid is. I just want to fucking kill these things bro, just looking for help with what I've got.

Also CT they didn't have spinosad at the ONE hydro store I went to, although they did have a monetary bug spray BUT they didn't say it was systemic. They did say the AVID would kill anything I am having a problem with NO DOUBT so I went with it.

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
You asked questions, and you got answers. Yet you chose to go one of the more difficult routes possible, at least it seems to me.

You don't want to do the work, yet you want instant results. Sometimes you can't have everything for nothing. Or maybe you can, but I've found that with most things in life, you reap what you sow... if not in the short-term, then in the long run. :2cents:

I don't think there's anything else I can add to this thread, so un-subscribing.

G

Guest 18340

Seriously caligreen, Spinosad is the answer. It can be ordered online, thats how i got mine. One application and bye-bye thrips. No shit.

nano

caligreen said:
Fuckin hydro store, I'm sure they'd have no problem sellin that avid to me and now as I read your comments I'm just thinking oh well do I want to lose all my strains.....

Fuck man, could you help me out a little nano?? I was planning on dumping them upside down in a batch of AVID.....What should I do, will it kill my plants, how much should I use???

I am glad it costs that much cuz I paid 25 bucks for this small bottle and the info they gave me was 60 DROPS per gallon....WTF?? Well anyways please should I use this or not? Thank you

My friend once dipped his plants in an AVID solution and everything survived no problem at all. YOu might have bought a different grade of AVID since the stuff I used was used at 8 drops per liter. If they said 60 drops per gallon, I'd do that, or maybe try to do a weaker solution and see how it goes.