What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

three fims and a fourth wheel....................

DiscoDuck

Greetings fellow growers. My grow box is a work in progress but I think I'm gonna try to fill it up anyway. I've got four Indica bag beaners growing in 2 gallon bags of soil mix. Plants are not sexed, just put in 12/12 this week. The bag of weed I bought only had 6 seeds (quarter ounce.) I'm gonna guess these beans are probably hermies so I'm letting you know from the start. I've read threads for and against using bagseed/potential hermie, (mostly against.) I don't have a safe addy so this is the only way to grow for me right now. There's enough room for two more plants but I think I'll see what these do first.

Three of the plants are fimmed and the front, right one is gonna go natural. I plan to document this grow to finish with comparisons of a natural cola vs the fimmed ones. If the natural one stretches too tall for the box, I probably just bend it over to leave the cola intact.

Thanks for checking my grow out. While you're here, check the link in my signature to see my ngb. I welcome your input.

Last edited:

Queso45

Lookin good DiscoDuck. I recently grew out a bagseed from some hermied northern lights I had. It unfortunately hermied at the end of flowering... but I still got an ounce of great weed. I swear I saw seed development when it was growing--- but I can't seem to find any. So I guess the point to my story is... yea you might get nanners... but as long as they come late in flowering you won't have to worry.

Good Luck buddy :wave:

DiscoDuck

Thanks, Queso45. They're into their second week now, really taking off. Wish I could upload pics. One of the fims is really nice, four tops relatively the same length. One of the fims was a little too mature when I clipped it and the new growth hasn't caught up with the lower stage.

I messed up on the third fim, left with a bad haircut instead. The fans are mutilated at two stages, the single cola is intact. I thought about trying to fim it again but it's about 9 days in flower. Not really sure weather to leave it alone at this point, any suggestions? The fourth plant is uncut.

If I don't re-cut the third plant I'll have two single colas and two fims. I can already tell the fims encourage lower growth to stretch up to the light. If things continue this way I may fim every plant come next grow for increased yield. We'll see how those single colas do first.

Duck

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I have three females and the fourth plant hasn't shown yet.

Last edited:

DiscoDuck

Up and running again, here's what's going on with week 2:

Got a devil's haircut,
In my mind :headbange

Here's a couple of shots comparing lower growth (fim vs uncut):

Next round I'll show closeups of each top.

Duck

Update: the fourth one showed, all four are female.

Last edited:

DiscoDuck

Week 3:

Here's the uncut top:

the bad haircut, I think the single cola is ok:

Here's the two fims. I didn't do something right, the lower nodes stretched several inches. The top nodes didn't stretch. Kinda looks like two tops instead of four:

...and then there were three

I'm taking a few shots of the hairs and I sees a nut!

I coulda sworn I saw hairs on this one. It's one of the fims and was the healthiest of the four plants. I still have three females, two single colas and one fim. Tune in again next week, same Duck time, same Duck channel.

B

Bigtimer7

THAnks man!

You got a good setup buddy!

Keep up the good work man!~

DiscoDuck

Beginning Week 4:

A little good news/bad news goin on here. The plants are growing good. The stretch on the uncut plants will probably exceed 3x since the start of 12/12. At this rate I may run short of head room. I'll probably end up bending the tops of the uncuts to give them enough room to finish.

The fim has better overall growth and far less stretch, about 1.5 ~ 2x of overall height since start of 12/12. The secondary growth/stretch of the uncut plants is minimal at this date. A little stretch here would go a long way to increase yield, otherwise it's just a couple of colas, a few smaller buds and some popcorn. I'll probably top (fim) or LST most future grows.

My veg room isn't tall enough to veg more than eight weeks on average. Secondary growth at eight weeks is insignificant due to spectrum/low wattage in the veg area. I'm gonna switch one of the cool cfls for a warm, might encourage the secondary growth better than all cool. I'm only running 60 watts of cfl in the veg room. I may have to go with stronger light all together. Bigger cfls will suck up the needed headroom, I might have to drop a C note and go with T5 tubes.

Here's a few pics.

I'll probably take more and better pics each week when the buds start to get interesting.

You're all invited back next week to this locality,
To have a heapin helpin of, well...pics of three small plants, lol.

Duck

DiscoDuck

Latest update: ph issues, gonna pick up a pen. I'm tired of the test drops.

Day 32 - 12/12

Day 34 - 12/12

Day 36 - 12/12

phuzzy pics........looks like I need a decent camera too.

Latest posts

Latest posts