What's new

thread for people born 150+ years to late

stoner4life thanks for sharing those stories they were really interesting. thats really the kind of solitude that would do me good for a year or two. i really want a test like that as i think it would make me a better person and i want the disapline that has to come with an experience like that. when you were living out there did you ever have visitors? hunt for wild edible plants?? what other kind of game and foods did you eat? did you have to have rations brought in for you?? did you work?? sorry if im asking too much im just interested know... and im wondering what the general costs of doing something like this are.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Stoned2Death said:
Oh well dude. If you can come onto ICMAG and post your point of view, so the **** can I.

You can have a debate. Debate what I just said in my own words. Don't play dumb.

I wish I was a mod around here so I could see where all these IP's originate from. I'm sure it would be very telling.

This is an OPEN forum. Anyone can post here. It's not exclusive for people who don't want to hear about zionism. EACH and EVERY person on this forum has a story to tell, and zionism is mine. You are free to push the "filter" button on my posts..

You admit you won't read the links and educate yourself, so you honestly have NO stance from which to debate. You are ignorant to the facts i.e. not knowing.

This has turned into what it is, because truth is a one way street, and ALL roads lead in that direction.

Ok, here this fookin donkeyhonker openly admits that he doen't care one whit about the topic of any given thread, all he cares about is 'telling his story'.

Lets look at the TOU:
Flaming/Trolling: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Posters who speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude will be banned. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people or their beliefs will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait

WHY is this hateful puke still a member here?

Why has he not been banned?

Most of his posts in this thread sound like less verbose paraphrasings of Mein Kramps, he has one self-admited agenda of 'exposing the truth about zionists (Jews).

He has used this site for the promotion of forgeries and fabricated documents and racist texts, used many threads to deny the Holocaust (a hate crime in itself in most civilized countries), and continually offers up only links to white supremist hate-sites as 'proof' of the foul chunder he spews......

Again, I ask:

WHY IS HE STILL HERE?

I am starting to find the mods tolerance of his ugliness, hate-spewing and blatant racism quite disturbing.......

Nubie Biatch

Stoned2Death said:
Irish...just so you know I've requested him and his WHOLE crew face me in PM but they WILL NOT DO IT. This unfortunately has to be out in the open. Thank the stars it is, because it's blowing their cover. Lotsa people see this stuff.

I will GLADLY debate this in PM. You can call me all the names you want. I am not scared.

What the moderators should do is look up the whois info for The American, trouble, Nubie Biatch, George Hayduke, newbiegrow, and a few others I haven't been attacked by on THIS particular thread.

WATCH....I'll leave this thread FOR GOOD. SEE WHO PM's me......won't be a single one. Bye now!
The whois is for website registration. You would have to log our IP address to track us down. Kinda messed up that you are advocating tracking us down because we disagree with you though. Stupidity truly knows no bounds. Oh, In case you didn't know...you have the ability to PM too. :ban:

Stoner4Life - Great story about the Easter manna. It takes ca hones to live out in the sticks like you. I hope to one day follow in your footsteps.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
George Hayduke said:
stoner4life thanks for sharing those stories they were really interesting. thats really the kind of solitude that would do me good for a year or two. i really want a test like that as i think it would make me a better person and i want the disapline that has to come with an experience like that. when you were living out there did you ever have visitors? hunt for wild edible plants?? what other kind of game and foods did you eat? did you have to have rations brought in for you?? did you work?? sorry if im asking too much im just interested know... and im wondering what the general costs of doing something like this are.
Visitors were more often than I'd liked really, when you live like that people actually come around to see how/what you're doing, was it just curiosity or suspicion? I don't know for sure, sometimes the visits were welcomed and other times not so much as I valued my privacy.

I didn't want to risk eating strange foliage and so I grew some veggies and traded for other gardened produce including 'home canned' goods. The people here in MN still do a lot of canning of their produce thankfully. There was never a shortage of farm fresh eggs and I was able to get some free beef on ocassion by helping the farmer(s) cut & wrap their beef at slaughter time (a nasty assed job). I did however learn to distinguish Morel mushrooms from 'false morels' and made some money hunting & selling them for the delicacy that they are.

I worked at odd jobs mostly for cash (I was living 'off the grid' for a reason bro) such as doing dockwork. They go into the water each spring & out in the fall or they're crushed by the ice every winter. That was some cold work even in the waders we wore.I learned the ins and outs of the bait business and I'm rather expert at leech trapping by now too. In the early 90's leeches sold for $20.00-30.00 per pound wholesale depending on size. Trapping minnows was out of the question as it takes some very expensive equipment to keep them alive once they're out of the lake. Leeches are hearty and besides my little 'john' boat & leech traps (made of discarded 2 liter pop bottles) all I needed was a couple of Coleman coolers to keep them in for the short while they were out of water. Rotten chicken was the bait & I got that for free from a couple of stores.

What I needed to buy I did, sugar, spices, coffee, tea (a lot of tea for hot & cold weather beverage), batteries, gasoline & propane, soaps, whatever wasn't available in the woods or lakes I had to buy or trade for of course. My mail was delivered to the 'general store' which doubled as a post office (just like Green Acres) and was where I got and left messages from/for other locals.

I've got to be honest in that the true expense of living this way would be what goes on in your mind during hard times. Each of us has our own demons and so I cannot speak for the effect that it might have on you. I had to live this way & had almost no other options. Others would be likely to cave in if they had/have options and might be tempted for too many creature comforts within their reach. It is our nature to provide as much comfort as possible for ourselves and I might've succumbed to those myself had I not needed to keep a low profile. I found out my father had a triple bypass and was in the hospital via third hand information. My own time was nearly up then too & I'd decided to take my leave of that hard reclusive life and come out of the woods. I still live close by there but I never go back to the cabin I'd lived in (but think about it often) as I'd almost like to forget about the hard times I suffered.

If I ever had to disappear again it'd be in warmer climates for sure.

Joe Hawkins

I think Georgey boy has to spend some time out in the woods and live some hard time, and research some history into civilisation to truly appreciate the idiocy of his statement of living 150 years ago.

I'd suggest starting off with some kind of high school education at least.

The old edict of Democracy "Keep the people fed and entertained and you can pretty much get away with anything"

Last edited:

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Joe Hawkins said:
I think Georgey boy has to spend some time out in the woods and live some hard time, and research some history into civilisation to truly appreciate the idiocy of his statement of living 150 years ago.

I'd suggest starting off with some kind of high school education at least.

The old edict of Democracy "Keep the people fed and entertained and you can pretty much get away with anything"

I have a friend who lives in the bush with no electricity, no running water and wood heating.

Lives with his wife and three young kids, does very very well......so it's all about yer motivation and what you choose to do.

inverse

i feel this thread so much! i consider myself pretty intelligent, but honestly no professions nowadays seem to interest me and i seem lost at college. Honestly, i wish there were massive forests around that i could build my own house in and live off the land with my lady. sigh

Sardonic

inverse said:
i feel this thread so much! i consider myself pretty intelligent, but honestly no professions nowadays seem to interest me and i seem lost at college. Honestly, i wish there were massive forests around that i could build my own house in and live off the land with my lady. sigh
save up and buy land. you get 5+ acres in the us for 70gs. build a house

inverse

its cool, but its like giving the indians a reservation. i want hundreds of miles of forest that are mine :)

i swear to god i was a native american in some past life man =/

Joe Hawkins

genkisan said:
I have a friend who lives in the bush with no electricity, no running water and wood heating.

Lives with his wife and three young kids, does very very well......so it's all about yer motivation and what you choose to do.

Yeh , but your missing my point, that is all well and dandy, its the 150 yrs ago bit and how it would have been alot better back then, and how technology is shite rant etc its totally irrational and poorly thought out and reeks of naivette.

I come from a village that still lives like it did 5000 years ago, no electricity, no running water, no health care this is how I grew up from a child, 150 years ago my ancestors were still eating humans. About that same time humans were marketed as fertiliser in the wild wild west.

the only difference in the way the village lives these days is that there is one tap for the entire village my grandfather was responsible for building and maintaining and they wear hand me down clothes from the salvo's. they also benefit from the use of steel cooking pots and some utensils like knives etc.
You wouldnt even begin to understand the politics either.
I see sense in the motivation and the ideal, however I fail to see the strength of character in this glass half full angsty blurt.

Last edited:
Yeh , but your missing my point, that is all well and dandy, its the 150 yrs ago bit and how it would have been alot better back then, and how technology is shite rant etc its totally irrational and poorly thought out and reeks of naivette.
I have NEVER said living 150+ years ago didn't have its problems or that it wasn't hard, I never said that, i know living 150 years ago was probably 150x harder than it is today. I picked the date 150+ years kind of randomly and rushingly. Its just kind of a reference date for people who are fed up with modern times and would be happier living off the grid. Now quit running everything I say over with a fine toothed comb. I wrote that first post in a couple minutes without really looking it over...
sheesh...

Last edited:
R

Ronley

Not me.
I am most thankful that I live in todays time. Running water, Electricity, Telephones. Radios. Technology, airplanes etc.
Yes, most thankful.

R

Ronley

George Hayduke said:
Yeah good thing we have airplanes or I don't know what'd I do!!!!!! :bashhead:

Of course, How would we get to the 420 IC cup and back home again within the same week. Imagine we would have to go by ship and get scurvy along the way, become a sailor and man the ropes and sails and set out months is advance. Rather tiring What!

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
If you all could just use your ancestors knowledge? IMHO we all have retained knowledge. The more one can acess this resivor of info learned by elders; the smarter one is.

We, as humans, are animals. Nothing more, nothing less. This is my Opinion, so dont jump me, Question me! Show that you are indeed smarter than an animal....lol get it?

Ronley said:
Of course, How would we get to the 420 IC cup and back home again within the same week. Imagine we would have to go by ship and get scurvy along the way, become a sailor and man the ropes and sails and set out months is advance. Rather tiring What!
of course, man what was i thinking! if we didn't have airplanes to get to the 420 party i'm not sure what i would do! :no:

sailing is rather tiring? no to me it sounds like the perfect adventure.

Last edited:

marx2k

Veteran
Ronley said:

Yes, but think of how much more you would enjoy the 420IC cup after that

also if we were in a time with no airplanes i doubt there would be an IC magazine so its a mute issue. i'd rather have a 420 gathering with my local regions anyway so i can see what they are growing. see theres no reason to fly half way across the world anyway.

I'm sick of all that to, I justs moved to a small town of about 1000 pop. and the next bigest town is 1 hrs away with 8000 pop. I like this slow past, friendly, hard working lifestyle!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts