What's new

Thrash

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Ahh thrash, my kind of music. :headbange I grew up on Bay area thrash....

Here's a few of the bands I'm into....not all thrash but all good!

Testament
Pantera
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Trivium
Lamb of God
God Forbid
Throwdown
Sepultura
Acid Bath
Down
Crowbar

Keep it heavy mofos!

filo6942

now see, Slayer is borderline thrash while Metallica and Megadeth are metal IMO..

..and thanks for fixin your assatar!

:jerkit: metallica died out with the black album. they turned their back on real thrash metal roots for $$. load sucks, reload sucks, st anger sucks, death magnetic has 1 or 2 good songs.

C

cellardweller

I never said the new stuff was any good, so take yer :jerkit: and shove it..

filo6942

in that case I agree. I am a huge pre 1991 metallica fan! have you heard the justice album with bass added? you can really hear justin play.

NOKUY

Veteran
nope.
gotta link?

it's been quite a while since christ on parade was together....so i was surprised to find them on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/christonparade

l_d631f7bbe4a936a3eaeb4ec74dec6a6a.jpg

Reeffermadness

I didn't see any major bay area thrash bands posted so I thought since I love this genre the most Id post some bands maybe that some of you might not have heard of...:

Exodus
Sadus
Heathen
Vio-Lence
Defiance
Forbidden
At War
Laaz Rockit
Dekapitator
Hatchet
Fueled By Fire
Merciless Death
Devastator
Scarecrow
Onslaught
Annhilator

These are some bands that I can remember off the top of my head that I think any true Thrash Metal fan should listen too other than the main ones that were already mentioned.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
municipal waste, gwar.... seen them at a show together before... fucking sweet. gwar puts on the best show by far... and ive been alot of concerts.
outer space aliens sent to destroy the human race.. squirting space jizz and blood on you during live events... haha i love it.

SkareCrow

Aus Rotten
Gorilla Biscuits
Slapshot
Catalyst
F-Minus

Is it just me or is "hardcore dancing" as lame as I think it is. Everytime I see someone start "floor punching" in the pit its my signal to charge them and knock em on there ass.

NOKUY

Veteran
ooooooh snap!

don't know how the fuck i forgot?....some of you will remember (others sit back and listen)

they haven't been mentioned yet, and in a conversation like this they can't go un-noticed!

this shit was in my top 3 of CONSTANT rotation.....

muther fukin G.B.H (great britian hardcore)....they renamed to "Charged G.B.H." after a lineup change if i recall correct.

nuthin but HARDCORE!

gbh24.jpg

sit back and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqeA5Hc0K4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPmwS2apq-A

NOKUY

Veteran
super-charged gbh was great
dri - crossover album was best fucking thrash ever
bad brains - not so thrash but this is more thrash hardcore stuff
sod.mod -- speak english or die

DRI was a fav. no doubt...their 1st full album "dealing with it" is epic (they had an EP before that tho)

i liked their "crossover" and "4 of a kind" albums....but didnt care much after that...didnt listen to be honest....but their early shit was badass!

...loved sod too!