What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thousands cited for having pot on federal land

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went to Crater Lake with a buddy ... he was in his own car with family. At some point during the day they took a walk and went way down the trail to smoke a joint. Federal Rangers were watching with binoculars and pulled them over soon as they got back in their car. Sited for possession ... cost them 500 bucks . Ive seen Crater Lake a cpl times now .. I wont ever set foot on their Park again

supermanlives

Veteran
All fucking pigs should fucking hang

well they don't all have to hang . if some get shot ,run over or blown up that's acceptable too. I can skip the ranger welcome station in sequoia I now hike in. I might smell like weed but ya aint getting my stash mutherfuckers.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
You are sure about that? So...if I got a DUI on federal land...and was arrested by a federal officer....I'd be in federal court? Don't think so...or at least..I've never heard of a federal DUI. I don't think they'd be transporting me to federal jail or federal court...but maybe I'm wrong.
in this instance the fed will contact local leo who will arrest.
if you are cited by a fed you are in fed jurisdiction if they contact locals you will be in state/county court.

there are laws about this stuff. very inflexible.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow meeting cops in the wilderness while camping or hunting would really depress me. the whole point of going out into the wild, is to get away from the authorities and regulations for some pure nature. how horrible to have to expect some government lackey harassing you in the middle of no where. where is the probable cause to "interview" people about their activities? seems like there is no where left where they will leave people alone and only come if they are called for help. glad i was able to experience real freedom in nature while we still had it.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

3 of us got done fishing & we were burning one on shore after trailering the boat, just as quiet as a sneaky prick could be a game warden comes zipping down the cart path on a 4 wheeler, of course we were on federal land.

Jimmy strolls to the other side of the boat and discreetly flicks the j as far away as he could, I bent down out of sight (faking a look @ the straps) for a second & exhaled the hit I was holding in while Hank stood by obviously empty handed.

the officer rolls to a stop & asks how the fishing was etc, the whole time he's working his sniffer to catch the fading scent of what he thought he smelled. He asked if we were camping nearby (federal sites) but we informed him that we were local, he broke into a broad grin and said "cool!" then said goodbye & motored away.

Unfortunately those guys have boring ass jobs & would love a chance to make an arrest, they chalk it up to keeping the forest a drug free family friendly environment. So they've got a job to do, and we've got a job to do defensing against their position daily.

Jimmy found the j and we burned it once we got away from there.......

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Game wardens are out to catch poachers and others violating wildlife regulations. I imagine that the warden's first intention was to catch you guys loading an over-limit of fish into the ice chest. They're trained and practiced as sneaky detectives. Think of this; What other law officer works alone in isolated areas and deals with people who are usually armed? It's a shame if they're interested in smokers. At least they are usually state employees. If you're a guerrilla grower one of these guys could be your worst nightmare.

Last edited:

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This story from my past isn't exactly on point, but it's funny. I grew up in the Hudson River Valley back in NY State, and there were a few pieces of property along the river that were part of the federal parks system. One of these was the Vanderbilt Estate, and it had a great lookout to watch sunsets over the river.

So, one evening I took a girl on a date and we started off by going to the Vanderbilt Estate to watch the sunset and smoke a doob. There was some rule that you had to be out of the Estate by such and such a time (8 pm? Dusk? I don't recall exactly), and unfortunately the sunset kept us in the park past that time by a few minutes.

We walked back to the car, started driving out of the park, and got pulled over by the park police. Dude gave me all kinds of shit, acted like a real asshole, and gave me a ticket. A couple of weeks later (I still hadn't gotten around to paying the ticket), I get a big official looking envelope. I open it, and I see a legal document with Big Gigantic lettering at the top of the page which said, "The United States Of America Vs. Wiggs Dannyboy" Holy shit, that scared the shit out of me, which I'm sure was the intent.

I paid the ticket that day.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Tomorrow is free national parks day. Everyone can go for free.... They will likely make up for the park fees by arresting smokers.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Game wardens are out to catch poachers and others violating wildlife regulations. They're trained and practiced as sneaky detectives. If you're a guerrilla grower one of these guys could be your worst nightmare.
Well said. Did you see that show when the Maine Ranger seen a guy walking down a dirt road? The Ranger passed him in his truck and watched the guy in his rearview. The guy dropped his dufflebag and ran into the woods. The ranger caught him, opened up the bag, and found old leaf trim and like 5 trimmers and harvesting gear.
The guy showed him the 7 or 8 plants that were def ready to be harvested, and they chopped em up and let dude go for showing him where all his plants were. He told the Ranger he was from Mass and thought it was legal to grow up there or something like that...I cant remember. Ranger told him firmly that theres no way dude would get away with coming up there and growing in his backyard. LOL
Idiot. He deserved to loose all his plants for being so stupid.
You dont walk down the middle of a road when your going to harvest. You walk through the woods. Laziness is the #1 killer of a guerrilla grower.

supermanlives

Veteran
I had issues with maine wardens once. fucker knew I was growing but couldn't catch me red handed. sneaky bastard tho. them days is over

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I read a crazy story a few years back. Two wardens were driving down a long wooded road and the driver decided to pull over to the side and park for a while for whatever reason. So he brings the unmarked white pickup to a stop and he and his partner are sitting there talking when thump bump, WTF? somebody just threw a duffle bag into the back of the truck!

Turns out there had been a crew of guerrilla growers hiding in the woods with their harvest waiting for their ride to pick them up. They'd mistaken the white truck for their partner in crime. So the wardens jump out of the truck and there's five really surprised guys with duffles full of pot who start to scatter. Wardens got most of them. Talk about bad luck!

supermanlives

Veteran
no worries now aint all the parks and such closing. ha ha ha suckers now I can toke freely and not pay a fee.havent talked to any tourists today or been to lake to check