What's new

Thoughts on a new room design, input pls.

D

DaveTheNewbie

ok after all this time i got 2 clones. i really need 4 for my system but this is a chance to get a feel for it all.

I have a question for knowledgable people :

putting the 7 gallon smartpots in the drip trays doesnt fit and getting the blumats set up kinda sucks in them.
do most people put thier smartpots on the ground without drip trays?

im on the ground floor with nobody below me. Im in grow tents with waterproof removable floors. not having raised drip trays saves me plumbing, fitting pots, and a whole lot of messing about.

any opinions ?

D

DHF

Cheapass plant saucers under EVERY container to monitor how well the containers take the juice till the cones are dialed down to a cling with the medium completely drenched when the sensors are inserted with constant down pressure ftw....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:.....

St3ve

I'm pretty new to the coco but I have to say that I like each pot having a drip tray so I can monitor which plant is drinking what.

D

DaveTheNewbie

fine tuning these blumats is an interesting exercise, flooded the floor once already :)

D

DaveTheNewbie

ew that sucks. Keep us posted..

heh no big drama, i kept water levels low for learning purposes.

Im really impressed with the lack of maintenence required with this system, it runs itself.

D

DaveTheNewbie

How much did you turn your dial after the runaway

a fair bit. I didnt realise how much fine tuning was involved with this system. i have 2 x 7 gallon pots with 2 blumats each for 4 blumats. Right now ones perfect and the other 3 are a bit dry. but turning them maybe 1/4 of a turn had them watering full bore so its a work in progress.

as an aside, i spent the last 3 days on holiday down south and came back to 2 very happy plants with zero dramas. i NEVER had that before. Im used to dealing with stuff every day or so. They are as awesome as people say.

EDIT : I guess i should start some sort of grow log so i can get advice regarding pruning and vert globes, thats all new territory too.

D

DHF

Hey Dave....A thread/growlog helps everyone here know where you`re havin troubles and shortcomings and....

It only benefits you to take advice from multiple experienced growers here that can help yas fine tune yours cuz everyone`s is different with different sizes , sensors per each container , light needs , and environment for proper dialage....anyways.....

Glad you`re seeing the ease and simplicity of blumats...but....they do take some dialin in FTW.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

D

DaveTheNewbie

a few photos to keep things going :

The veg cab on left and flower cab on right :

picture.php

The filter/fan/silencer in the flower cab :

picture.php

The clones 1 week on :

picture.php

picture.php

D

DaveTheNewbie

Ive flooded the damn thing 3 times now. The bottom of the veg tent is an inch deep in nute water.
Im amazed how fast the small hose can water if turned on too much

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
I see people running 1blumat per 5gal container. Why do you have 2? Imo I dont think 2 is needed for veg.. might help with your runaways too

D

DaveTheNewbie

I see people running 1blumat per 5gal container. Why do you have 2? Imo I dont think 2 is needed for veg.. might help with your runaways too

7 gal containers. the webpage says 2 for a 7 gal.
i figured it would protect me from one blocking up, but i doubt thats gonna happen in hindsight.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Oh I see. It looks like you'll get it dialed! I stayed away from the 7gal just for that reason. 2 in one pot has gotta be a pita to dial in. Goodluck dave :wave:

D

DaveTheNewbie

Oh I see. It looks like you'll get it dialed! I stayed away from the 7gal just for that reason. 2 in one pot has gotta be a pita to dial in. Goodluck dave :wave:

My #1 piece of advice to anyone starting out : get the 5 gal container and use 1 Blumat per pot.

in fact even with all the money ive spent on blumats and pots, i would consider buying 5gals and simplifying things.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
My #1 piece of advice to anyone starting out : get the 5 gal container and use 1 Blumat per pot.

in fact even with all the money ive spent on blumats and pots, i would consider buying 5gals and simplifying things.

Bigger isn't always better then huh? :biglaugh:

Good advise bro, I use the same logic for coco DTW.

HGO

D

DaveTheNewbie

i was thinking about this.
a 7 gal is only slightly bigger than a 5 gal (in diameter)
if i only used 1 blumat then MAYBE the edges would be dry
how is this different to air pruning with a smartpot anyway?

is there any reason why i cant use just 1 blumat? Any opinions?

D

DaveTheNewbie

One Week Later, 2 full weeks of veg.
Apart from leaks, system seems to work fine.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts