What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thought I could grow well until I tried indoor...

N

NonDa

I do not think co2 will be beneficial. It certainly is a great thing, but just getting your plain old regular growing down is way more important at this point. Getting some regular seeds of a decent yielding strain would do you wonders as you don't sound that far off from growing acceptable stuff. Good ventilation is important, sounds like you are addressing that.

Feeding and nutes are their own ballgame, just find what you like.

Well said, I think I am good to go now. Now the fun begins! :greenstars::greenstars::greenstars:
Thx

oti$

you want your passive intake to be twice the area of your exhaust..two holes the same size as the exhaust hole is the easiest way to achieve this. Try to size your fan to exchange your rooms air 2xs/min, if possible. Try to figure out how to get the rh up during veg, they will grow faster and be healthier, healthy happy veg plants produce fat happy healthy budded plants in flower. Feed@half the strength recommended on any bottled nutrients you might use, it's easier to increase the feed if they look hungry than it is to try to nurse them back to health after burning them up. It's better to overveg than under veg. When you think they look finished, let them go another 10-14 days, you'll be glad you did. Good luck!

Jonny Lan

otis ur a good man. with me i have 6inch out 4 inch in. not running passive cause i don't want light leaks and having an intake blocks the light out. i know i can make a contraption but lazy lol

Granger2

Veteran
Johnny,
You're saying that you have about 170cfm of intake and about 400cfm of exhaust? How do you expect that to work? -granger

Jonny Lan

Johnny,
You're saying that you have about 170cfm of intake and about 400cfm of exhaust? How do you expect that to work? -granger
Sup Granger, the fans i use for intake and exhaust are just booster fans not centrifugal lol. my 4 inch is about 80 cf. the 6 inch is 140. the tent is 8x4x7. negative pressure yes but no problems

qupee

Johnny,

8" exhaust (CAP centrifugal and Phresh 8x24 filter), 6" active intake (Phresh Hyper Fan and Phresh 6" intake filter) here. Works great. I don't even run the 6" at 100%.

Z

Ziggaro

Ugh people are still recommending multiple air exchanges per minute.. Its a recipe for calcium stress and nutrient build ups.

N

NonDa

Ugh people are still recommending multiple air exchanges per minute.. Its a recipe for calcium stress and nutrient build ups.

Could you elaborate on your statement?

How many air exchanges per min. should there be when doing open air outdoor growing?

oti$

I'd like to know as well, if humidity(vpd), temps, irrigation frequency and all other parameters in line, how would exchanging air have these negative affects?