What's new

This sucks. send positive healing vibes.............

castout

Veteran
TOH has diabetes, and this weekend, has been a roller coaster ride for him. He went to bed Friday night, and his blood sugar was fine, he woke up at 4 in the morning, and it was 34(he usually has seizures when it drops that low), he ate peanut butter toast, and woke up at 7 am, with a blood sugar of 403. he has been an insulin dependent diabetic, since he was 7. We have been together for 13 yrs, and I have seen his diabetes get worse and worse. His blood sugars get harder and harder to manage. The way they bounce around wreaks havoc on his body. Seeing a doc, is not an option, and even when he did go to the dr, they just told him that this is the progression of the disease. He is starting to get these little red bumps on his lower legs, at first we thought in grown hair, then a spider bite.....he had them a few years ago, and they got infected, and he had to have surgery, to drain them. I have my own medical issues, but his worry me way more. I would gladly give my life, to make his better. He has been so strong his whole life, and he doesn't deserve this shit. He is truly the most decent and honorable person I know. He is ethical kind, and trustworthy. I would truly be lost without this man, in my life. So, if you are feeling like doing a good deed today, send some positive healing vibes, to TOH, the other half, to my whole. Thank you.

C

CheifnBud2

I know you probably have this info already. But the standard 5 units of insulin... No good. If TOH isnt already on a sliding insulin scale, you might want to ask your doctor about it.

Healing and Positive vibes on the way...

H

huarmiquilla

howdy castout

how you do?
respect

most positive healing
most positive energy
total love

positive vibrations to you and yours

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Much love and light to you both.

Positive vibes across the pond from little Britain.

azez

Veteran
my prayers go out to both of you,
my daughter (26years old)has type one and it is starting to affect her eyes,
i need to raise a bunch of dough to get her to an eye surgeon so i know how helpless you feel
this state decided no medicade for adults with no children so she was kicked off
please try to enjoy your mother's day
you know my thoughts are with u both
peace
ez

G

greenmatter

sending some healing vibes your way right now ........ puff,puff,pass

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Much love to you and TOH, be strong and stay positive, it cant be easy...we are here for ya to talk things over with anytime!

F

Fred el Gato

Prayers,vibes,extra karma anything you need, being sent to you and TOH. Hopefully its just a bump in the road and smooths out soon. Fred

Dingofriar

Stay strong Castout. Best of vibes I can muster to embrace both of you enroute oneway on the oriental cyberspace express.

B

Bag

sorry cast out , sending healing vibes, but maybe this pic will make yall smile, i think its funny, only my 3rd meme i ever made

1gx6k.jpg

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Blood Type Diet. The D'Adamo lists most specifically.

I fed a lifelong, Type-I, diabetic nothing but neutral foods from those lists for two weeks. (Didn't know their blood type) They ate like a horse the whole week.

Up until that time, they were also were sporting 400+'s on a regular basis and were taking insulin up to 8 times a day.

During those two weeks, they were under 200 the whole time. Even waking up with a few 98's in the mornings. They also were using insulin only 3-4 times a day (including their night shot). They stated that the only time they'd EVER had insulin numbers that low, EVER, was when they starved for 2-3 days on coke or meth.

It's not some fly-by-night, quack diet. It's a healthy food choice for your specific needs. That's all.

Someone else I know of just died from diabetes as they ignored the signs for years. Less than a month ago they slipped into a coma and died overnight.

Food, people. The single most powerful weapon in your health arsenal. Use it wisely, choose them wisely.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

castout

Veteran
One of the problems he has, when he sees the dr, is they always try to push Novolog flex pen....he has no insurance, so he buys his humulin n and r, at wal mart. They sell it without a prescription and it is only $28 a bottle. If he bought it at Rite Aid, it would be $100 a bottle. He has no insurance, and the dr seems to not really care about what happens with TOH. I can't tell you how many times, he has been told that "this is the progression of the disease, and you have had it a very long time", whenever he would try to ask about different problems he was experiencing. He has a good diet...he tried the Atkins before, but still had the same problems. Pretty much, no matter what he does, he just seems to be having worse and worse fluctuations in his blood sugar. He is getting these red bumps on his legs, his toes get numb, and he sweats terribly at night. He also has just recently had kidney stones...which they say they don't know if that is related to diabetes. He was in a lot of pain with those. I guess I am just venting here....it is unfair!!! He is such a good person, and he has dealt with diabetes for over 24 years. I can handle when my leg has problems, and I get sick.....I CANNOT handle it, when TOH is sick. I lost my husband a very long time ago, and I KNOW I wouldn't survive that kind of pain again. If anything bad were to happen to TOH, I would shatter. I just want him to feel better. I would gladly give him my pancreas. He is a much better person than I am, and the world truly is a better place for having him here. He is my best friend, and my other half, and he makes me a better person.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Get porcine insulin from canadian pharmacies.

Much better than the synthetic crap they push here in the states.

Please use the enter key. People tend to not read what you post when it's a big block of text like that.

Eating foods for their blood type will work in DAYS. The only thing you have to be concerned about diabetes is if they don't listen to the information I'm posting here.

Their choice. Make all that crap go away... or they can continue eating what the diabetes Dr's tell them and the issues will continue.

Stop freaking and start doing. This scary crap can be gone in just a few days... control like you won't believe can be had in months.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts