What's new

This shit made me cry !

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
I believe you mean Yingling dddaver. :tiphat:

I used to drive to PA to buy Yingling. Now that I've been on the wagon for 7 years next month, you can buy it all over the place here. That gets on my nerves a bit.
eyebrow.gif

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
So, what do you do, teach them to put their heads down so you can halter 'em up? At the withers they're almost double my height, no joke. Must be much calmer than an Arab, though, I'm sure. I've always wanted to learn how to train horses for driving and work, but was scared off seeing so many buggy accidents at horse shows.

I cried when I watched A Cry In The Dark. I'll totally cop to that.
the bigger they get the gentler they get for the most part.
the inverse is true as well.
i married a horse woman 15 years ago and have handled everything from percherons to minis and the minis are by and large the meanest little shits in the world!!!

my greatest horse moment was getting to play groom for lionheart at a show when his groom didn't show. the lady who owns him looked awful harried trying to get his stainless steel armor all buckled in so i stepped in to help. she let me tack,armor and lead him through the arena to the ring where i gave his rider a legup.
we exited the arena and she said "watch this".
she then qued the sound guy and the first notes of "back in black" by acdc came on.
this gentle giant i had been loving on moments ago herd those first licks of that famous riff....
i shit you not he seemed to double in size and every muscle in his body stood out!!!! he started snorting and prancing..
he knew all eyes were on him and man did he love it!!
when the music stopped he got a treat and turned back into the sweet big pony he had been five minutes earlier.
Lion4725a.jpg

BlueBlazer

Veteran
I always wanted a Shire. Never happened and I'm too comfortable these days to clean up after one of those monsters. We knew some folks that owned some and those Shires had the best ground manners I ever saw. They really are gentle giants.

S

SeaMaiden

the bigger they get the gentler they get for the most part.
the inverse is true as well.
i married a horse woman 15 years ago and have handled everything from percherons to minis and the minis are by and large the meanest little shits in the world!!!
I read this and HAD to respond. The ONLY horse to ever savage me, quite literally, was a fucking mini stallion. Backed me up in the corral and started BLASTING away. That "horse" (in my world/opinion, they're ponies, let's get real here) totally fucked up my shins and ankles! The woman breeding them was so completely whack-a-doodle that after the foaling was done (why I was hired, done lots and lots of foalings, seen more problems than I'd like to say) I told her sayanara.
my greatest horse moment was getting to play groom for lionheart at a show when his groom didn't show. the lady who owns him looked awful harried trying to get his stainless steel armor all buckled in so i stepped in to help. she let me tack,armor and lead him through the arena to the ring where i gave his rider a legup.
we exited the arena and she said "watch this".
she then qued the sound guy and the first notes of "back in black" by acdc came on.
this gentle giant i had been loving on moments ago herd those first licks of that famous riff....
i shit you not he seemed to double in size and every muscle in his body stood out!!!! he started snorting and prancing..
he knew all eyes were on him and man did he love it!!
when the music stopped he got a treat and turned back into the sweet big pony he had been five minutes earlier.
View Image
Nice. Not a Fresian... is he?
I always wanted a Shire. Never happened and I'm too comfortable these days to clean up after one of those monsters. We knew some folks that owned some and those Shires had the best ground manners I ever saw. They really are gentle giants.
So I've been told about all the large draft breeds. For me, though, after reading all that Marguerite Henry and all her stories about all these different horses, after reading King of the Wind, I was stuck on Arabians in a big, big way. Then, after we moved, one of our neighbors had Arabs. You literally have a horse that wants to be your lap dog, all the while just incredibly hot-blooded (breeding makes a huge difference here, of course).

There was a time when I wanted to work with the drafts at Disneyland, never was able to get myself hired on. (Would have pissed very dirty in any event!) Of course, there was a time when I wanted to be a groom/trainer. Until I learned what they usually earned, then reality hit me.

Jbonez

Veteran
I am not a fan of commercials, but this one was done very well and methodically. They definitely captured emotion very well and communicate that. It immediately made me think of my dog. You can't beat that level of trust, respect, commitment, and camradery. Its the best. Thanks for sharing! I fucking love animals.

I fucking love animals too... I see them as "brothers" in life..

This is almost a prerequisite for anyone I affiliate with... Not saying go buy a puppy, rather, respect life at all costs..

Nearly every intuitive thinker in history Ive ever revered has been of this mentality, and offer some philosophy at some point on the subject of animals..

BlueBlazer

Veteran
So I've been told about all the large draft breeds. For me, though, after reading all that Marguerite Henry and all her stories about all these different horses, after reading King of the Wind, I was stuck on Arabians in a big, big way. Then, after we moved, one of our neighbors had Arabs. You literally have a horse that wants to be your lap dog, all the while just incredibly hot-blooded (breeding makes a huge difference here, of course).

Chicks dig Arabians. They are very beautiful. I'm sure my missus would have chosen an Arabian over a Shire as well, lol.

I am a very poor rider. To me horses are like big dogs that are a lot more work to take care of. I love them, but mostly from the ground, thanks. I think it would be awesome to ride a Shire though. It would be like riding the horse equivalent of a tank. :biggrin:

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I am a Heineken drinker and their commercials are ridiculous. Fucking ridiculous. I could never see me dancing around in one of those productions and pouring down a Heiney

Marcellas

Veteran
Hit mute as soon as I heard that Fleetwood song starting lol, may have given me a different perspective of the vid :D

S

SeaMaiden

Dag, I have a friend out in Michigan and we exchange our favorite pix of breeding stallions. Fresians often make the list! The Dutch tend to make everything they do just outstanding, and their breeding programs top many lists, take your pick.
Chicks dig Arabians. They are very beautiful. I'm sure my missus would have chosen an Arabian over a Shire as well, lol.

I am a very poor rider. To me horses are like big dogs that are a lot more work to take care of. I love them, but mostly from the ground, thanks. I think it would be awesome to ride a Shire though. It would be like riding the horse equivalent of a tank. :biggrin:

I think a Shire would be an incredibly rough ride, like a Standardbred is a seriously rough ride. Smooth ride? Puerto Rican Paso Finos. My greatgrandfather and a cousin bred them, g-g-father had a champion horse, Caoba. My mother has the trophies at her place, and some old photos of the horse. I vaguely remember riding him and I had to be a toddler because to me the horse was a tank. If you look at Pasos, they're practically ponies, and rather narrow, as a horse goes.

I used to have two strong fantasies when I was younger and could ride. One, was to be able to try a real working horse, a cow horse, just set it for some cutting action. The other was dressage, advanced of course. I can barely sit an English saddle properly, though, so would have needed a good bit more training!

B.E.D

i worked as a mucker many years ago.
first at a private barn then at at a race track..arlington.
the private was the coolest..was my own boss..and many mushrooms i collected.hard work though.arlington burned.

thing is the owner had a stable for boarders and his own private stable for Clydesdale's and Belgium Drafts...massive beasts..have to give them respect...else they'd easily crush your feet...and you.
a couple of his clydes where in bud commercials..
my fondest memory was feeding time.
the clydes and drafts would graze in the field,but when they saw me walk into the barn,and heard the clatter of me feeding...holy shit..they would come charging like a fuckin earthquake...im talking over 30 8'+ animals full steam..
one time i was stuck in the middle..i surely thought i would die...but they just checked me out...lol.
i ingested some shrooms this one day...and rode a Shetland to amuse myself..
good times..