What's new

This Is Why I Use Pondliners.......

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Some tips from a guy who used to have this happen once a month:

Pondliner (natch!)

Any reservoir MUST have an overflow fitting, I use a 3/4" E&F tray fitting, which runs to a 3/4" hose outside. Put a screen over it the inside so it can NEVER clog. No shutoff valves on that puppy, it can NOT be closed ever! This alone will prevent 99% of floods.

Filling reservoirs should be connected through a float valve so it can shut itself off. See my sig for how to do this.

Shopvac WITH a garden hose fitting, you can suck up water and it goes right outside, piece of cake.

In a carpeted room I would always recommend pulling the carpet up first, it will get wet at some point, eventually, easier to pull it up when the room is empty and not when it's full!

The new plastic push-connect fittings leak less and are easier to work with than the old copper tubing/brass collet fittings, I use them everywhere now. Lowe's sells a nice selection plus all the tubing to make your connections (except they don't carry black, just clear polypropylene tubing/icemaker lines.)

My buddy started using pond liners last year and now quite a few of my friends are using them. They work great and can add some serious height to your room if you ditch your tables. I'm thinking about switching myself so I can do organic soil in pots and get some more height in my short room.

Sorry about your mishap krunchbubble but at least you had that liner!

D

DHF

I don`t know why anyone would ever grow in a house period without an in the ground basement for a grow area AND using a pondliner for runoff and overflows should shit malfunction in the basement , much less upstairs...........

Basements control environment like a mofo cuz thy`re in the ground...........Pondliners shield water from concrete slabs a whole lot easier than potential over carpet and hardwood flooring that most certainly will fuck up if compromised with water seepage........

Never made sense ta me to grow upstairs..........

My 2 cents......DHF........:ying:..

M

Magic Man

Ha what a mess !! It would take me several bong rips before i felt like cleaning that up :laughing:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
True story: Had a 75 gallon and a 35 gallon reservoir for a grow years back. Ebb and flow tables had hoses epoxied into the base......I guess they weren't that secure......

Had company over, was chillin.....playing Playstation 1 (waaaaay back in time)....

Water starts pouring through the ceiling onto my "guests".

'Twas the reservoir draining via pump all over the floor upstairs from us.

Not that it was much better than these characters knowing that I was up to no good with a moderate sized grow....but I had to tell them something: IE-the toilet was leaking.....LOL.

So they left thinking they had crap-water all over them....gave them the business of having to call the plumber.....ROFL.

Pond liners would have made things markedly better. K+ Krunch. Never a bad bit of advice out of you.

D

DHF

Rest my case .........If no basements available and yas must grow on the main floor.....POND LINER .........with bigass shopvac or sump pump equivalent for emergencies that WILL come up sooner or later...........

Peace......DHF....:ying:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
True story: Had a 75 gallon and a 35 gallon reservoir for a grow years back. Ebb and flow tables had hoses epoxied into the base......I guess they weren't that secure......

Had company over, was chillin.....playing Playstation 1 (waaaaay back in time)....

Water starts pouring through the ceiling onto my "guests".

'Twas the reservoir draining via pump all over the floor upstairs from us.

Not that it was much better than these characters knowing that I was up to no good with a moderate sized grow....but I had to tell them something: IE-the toilet was leaking.....LOL.

So they left thinking they had crap-water all over them....gave them the business of having to call the plumber.....ROFL.

Pond liners would have made things markedly better. K+ Krunch. Never a bad bit of advice out of you.

I love your sig animation, cracks me up everytime.

Yeah, pondliner, uh hu, I use a tarp folded over about 4 times. 4x thick.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. (Dont ask how much the pharmaceuticals want for the treatment.)

sx646522

Cooking stoned again, Krunch? :jump:

"Mmmmeeeaaat........Goooooood....." :)

Damn mate, looks like downtown New Orleans over there! Good thing you had a contingency plan in place.

"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur

Cheers,

-SX

sanjuan

45 mil EPDM is the way to go.
20 mil PVC is much lighter but will break down from UV exposure.

My back isn't up to hauling EPDM up the stairs, sooo . . .
I think I'll coat the floor (and edges) with 100% silicone roofing coating (Gaco brand).

wilburn

I don`t know why anyone would ever grow in a house period without an in the ground basement for a grow area AND using a pondliner for runoff and overflows should shit malfunction in the basement...

Good luck finding a basement in Florida. :laughing:

D

DHF

Well Damn Wilburn.......You`re banned .........But you bring up a very good point for folks at or below sea level in Florida or Louisiana thereabouts........although.......

Seen many homes in low country states built with basements below the main floor livin areas , and guaranteed concrete poured or block walls sittin on a concrete slab are way better suited for grow areas than wood and sheetrock upstairs......

Plus triple the insulation qualities and guaranteed lower ambient temps to deal with once addin all the equipment.......but.......if not and yas still gonna run upstairs.......Lazyman`s built-in overflow for rez fills........and........

Pondliner........Thanx fer tha thread Krunch........now get back ta work....LOL.....

Peace....DHF......:ying:.......

A friend was growing in his living room and flooded his floor at least twice ruining both the carpet and the wood flooring underneath. Kept his hose for topping off his dwc in the res, hose flopped out and drained at least 30 gallon onto the floor.

Probably at least 1500 in damage. Mold smell soon followed...

Latest posts

Latest posts