What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This is starting to Drive me CRAZY!

O.K. I started to think this was a Mg deficiency...but I treated with epsom salts...then I thought that it was a nutrient overdose so I flushed and refilled my rez with half strength nutes...metanaturals organics plus ruby fulvic. But I woke up today to find mild burnt leaf tips as you will see in the series of pictures.

My humidity is a little high...about 65 to 75 percent but temps never go above 85. I am running a little bubbler system

Last edited:
PH is all over the place...but I have seen many sources on organic hydro say that this is normal with organics as the bactieria goes through life cycles that cause the ph to fluctuate...the metanaturals line is supposed to cause some fluctuation that "may cause minor symtoms like Fe deficiency" but I don't think this is Mg deficiency.

Also the above picture...the extreme case had only effected by bogglegum strain...the minor leaf tip burn is on both strains...the other strain is golden skush.

G

I too grew out the freebie Skushes from Gypsy and I also got that same looking kind of leaf on them. I also grew it out with Organic Hydro (PBP). From what I saw was a deficiency in my macro nutes. So i bought some Liquid Karma. You also might want to check the height of your lights you may have bleaching from being too close.

As soon as that was fixed those bastards took off and turned into some quality smoke. I'm still smokin' the hash from it. Nice mellow smoke. Take a look at my gallery for some Skushyness.

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=680

Blatant

Last edited:

syko2

Yes ph is very unstable in organic hydroponic growing and their's not alot you can do however adding some type of B-1 like Thrive Alive or Superthrive will help with nutrient lock out wich is what I beleive it is due to the pic's. Keeping your ph more stable will help also even thoe it's almost imposible.

The tip burn is fine infact that's how I determin my plant's nutrient uptake and feedling's.

I hope they clear up for you sound's like a good strain.

G

I've had the same problem as you. I use Pure Blend Pro and had to add some Liquid Karma and CalMag Pro. After i added alittle of both, everything cleard up. Once thing i noticed when i switch to organic fertz. You might want to watch the way you mix everything. I notice when i change my 30gal Rez, I add 5gal of water then add my PBP, then add 2 more buckets "10gals" then add liquid Karma, mix then add another 5gal water then the cal mag pro then last of water. I like to run the system and let it's self mix, then i check PH and PPM. Most of the time i'm pretty close and have to add some PH up. OH, I found this stuff at the fish store that keeps my PH pretty much on target. It's a up if you have to add an up with every change. It brings it up and stays at normal levels. I'll get the name of the stuff later, alot cheaper then normal PH up also. I hope the way i mix my stuff helps you in some way. I hope you get your problem fixed. When i said i like to run the system for awhile to mix things up. I pull my plants out of the table, so not to mess with them till the PH is stable. I know some people might not be able to do this, but you can always mix by hand to get the ph right in the rez.
Later

Thanks for all the help everyone....I have added a small fan and a bucket of calcium carbonate crystals and I have the humitity down to around 39-55 percent. Also I am going to give the girls a bit of a spritz with Thrive Alive Green once the lights go out...I'll let everyone know how it goes.

syko2

Thrive Alive both red and green are great product's I use BC Technaflora and their product's with great sucsess...

Have fun growing...:D

222Simon222

STOP DOING THINGS

STOP DOING THINGS

Stop DOING THINGS to your plants. Don't add this add that.

Humidity has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your problem. MIx your nutrients per directions. Check your PH daily and adjust if needed. Don't add super this and super that KISS.

Just leave them alone and they will be fine.

G

If you have rust spots i use this stuff and it works great. I had some major rust spots on my Hawaiian Skunks and couldn't get rid of them. Then i got this stuff from a local hydro shop, and the lady said she uses this stuff and works great. Well, i bought some and tried it and it cleared all my them. Once the leaf is damaged, they won't come back, but on the new growth. There were no signs of spots. You should give your plants a few days before doing anything elses. Just keep a close eye on the PH like everyone said and see if that might be the problem. Your going to kill you plants if you keep adding stuff and no let them try to clear what ever the problem might be.

syko2

I just re-read your first post hear and relized you said you flushed with half strength nutrience...that's not a flush. A flush would be dumping your res then adding plain ph adjusted water several times aday for 1 to 3 day's. I do however find that a bit tiresom with several buckets so to help I dump, wash and refill my buckets every 7 to 10 day's and leave plain ph ajusted or nutral water for 1 to 3 days befor adding nutrience I do this every 3 or 4 res changes.

I also have to agree with everyone else on the mater of adding lot's of things to your res to help corect problems I find canabis does very well and corects itself if left alone for awhile and always look at new growth, old growth tends to stay damaged.

In this case I think you have done corrctly adding the epsom to correct the MAg prob after decovering what it was missing. Also adding the Thrive Alive to the res and/or as a folier spray is recomended anytime. But after this I think you have done all that can be done now it's time to let them chill for awhile and recover and if a problem percists I would act only then but please concider what your adding becouse it may actully couse more harm then good.:mad:

syko2

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
when using organic nutes in a res (at least w/earth juice) allow it to bubble for 24 to 48 hrs before applying it to your plant. the ph should level off after that. then you can adjust as needed.

if your ph is "all over the place" this is a bad sign. you need to find a mean ph level. use neutral water pour it through your medium(or rootmass) then collect the water as it comes off. you dont want to see to much of a difference. if you get a big diff one way or the other than you can deduce with all certianty that your mean ph is either high or low accordingly and take the approprate steps

one
nabit

O.K. as proof I haven't been messing with the plants...I've been away all weekend and just got back....

They don't look so good. The orginal plant that was showing Mg-ish deficiency symptoms now has severe intervenal chlorosis and stunting...

The other strain's tip burn has gotten worse with some of the tips now curling up.

Ph is 5.2...a little low but not super low for hydro...this should not cause severe nute lock-up or out...EC readings are useless with Organic so should I just dump the whole rez scrub it out and start again with non-organic chemmy nutes?

Latest posts

Latest posts