What's new

This Is So BADASS!!! May Change The Way I Medicate Forever!!!!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

This is the Halo Ti nail with some Kali Mist bubble hash. The main difference with this one is the wire screen. The one with the exposed coil can give you bigger hits, but I like both of them.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey pete, the globe looks cool..

half ur harvest to blast? wow...5 cups of trim and three cans o taine is givin me two little containers full... about 6-8 gs

I'm thinking of making oil with most of my last harvest (just over a pound). Bud doesn't stay good forever unless you freeze it, but I'd have to compress it a lot to fit it in the freezer. I have plenty of room in the freezer for little concentrate jars. :)

Plus I don't feel like smoking or vaping buds anymore. This little globe attachment with oil is just better.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats not bad at all!
i get three 12' tubes and three cansotaiine .. 1/2 can per tube twice, then i toss the tubes.. nice thing is i only pack once

Oh right on. Thanks. I really dont ever have anyone to compare my results with. Not many make oil around here. Plus im basically a hermit. Ha. My harvests aren't huge. I'd probably only have 4-6oz to blast with tane.

m314 said:
I'm thinking of making oil with most of my last harvest (just over a pound). Bud doesn't stay good forever unless you freeze it, but I'd have to compress it a lot to fit it in the freezer. I have plenty of room in the freezer for little concentrate jars.

My thoughts exactly. I dont like having that much bud around.
Gonna have to pick up a Halo Ti for the globe. That looks really nice. It's great that bubble works in it. I've been getting nice results hitting dry sift keif with my ceramic nail and globe.

ExtremusMaximus

Shit, Is that All?

Shit, Is that All?

Well, this thread died an unceremonious death. Most of the products and advice is outdated by now; there are so many great clones of fancy & expensive vaping pen atomizers coming out of China now, as well as being much cheaper. There was a ceramic globe (titanium dome) depicted in a recent post that cost $45 - and it didn't even come with the cover that comes with the ones available now. Plus, they only cost $4 now - albeit stainless steel.

I discovered vaping pen tech about two months ago and have been researching the different technologies because I have invented a new model made especially for heavy oil & wax concentrates, and it gets rid of the dreaded wick and coil - the latter being the weakest link.

The majority of posts here are from people wanting to learn, but I did not see anyone explain the basic principles necessary to understand how to succeed in this "new" area of enjoying cannabis. I have decided to quit smoking anything and am going to reduce this season's crop to extracts. I believe putting any product of combustion into my lungs was just a temporary method until something better came along - and this is it. Therefore, for those still curious about how you control it, rather than it controlling you, the basic physics of vaping:

Vaping consists of heating the desired compound to the point where it will e-vap-orate, changing its physical state from solid or liquid into a fine mist/vapor, which is drawn through the device into the lungs; if you have decarboxylated your extract, it has a fuller and deeper effect, and if you have transformed it into Cannabis Acetate, the extract will quickly enter your brain through your oral mucous membranes because it can pass readily through the blood/brain barrier easily.

The success of transforming your extract is determined by the consistency; the thicker it is, the more critical higher temperatures become. If you are using a wick-type atomizer, this is available using polyfill, cotton, silica or stainless mesh to get the extract to osmose up to the resistance coil that heats up. These wick & coil setups are either disposable or rebuildable, also known as RBA or mistakenly RDA units. There are Drip Tip types that have short wicks contained in one or two wire coils, and I have now seen three and even quad coil setups. They can draw the extract from a tank, or charged simply by removing the drip tip mouthpiece and using a dripper bottle to drip your extract onto the waiting coils, which usually last for up to 8 hits.

The consistency of your extract will dictate what kind of hardware you can use; applying heat to thicker oils or wax will allow it to flow easier and get your hits. There current offerings with the small glass globes have a ceramic core with a heating coil running across its top, and surrounded by a stainless or titanium funnel covered by a stainless or brass screen where your extract or wax is applied. The ceramic core is shaped like a cup or 'skillet', and your heated extract drips down into it where it vaporizes when the coil is energized - until it runs out. These skillet globes are now equipped with a small 'top hat' that contains even dried herb, kief and bubble hash; the downside is that the vapor now bypasses the globe and goes right out the mouthpiece, which means it is a higher temperature.

In choosing your hardware, you may dilute it with vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, alcohol or distilled water, making it the consistency that works best in your chosen system. It is that simple.

The hardware is little more than a container for a battery, heating coil, wick for vaporizing the extract and sometimes to contain a quantity of those extracts. That is it. You can make your own battery with less than $3 worth of parts from radio shack - the 510 connector used in most systems is the same size as your cable TV "F" connector! Bet you didn't know that.

The commercial "Battery" units come in manual/mechanical configuration, meaning you can control it with an on/off switch, or also with a power control that "dims" the power level down if your coils are getting too hot. There are also fancy electronic ones that vary the power and even count how many "puffs" you take. Meh. If you have a vaporizing device and a battery you are set. All you need to do is decide whether you want disposable or rebuildable. And that takes some expertise you will learn from plenty of examples on YouTube - where most newbies should have started before asking a thousand questions.

The atomizers, tanks, globes, cartomizers and clearomizers are where the magic happens - get one made for your choice and consistency of extracts and you will be happy.

I learned about all of this because I had a better idea for the vaporizing element - to replace the coil and wick system with a permanent unit that cleans in 5 minutes with alcohol. It should last a lifetime, but when it it becomes available, will probably have a multiyear warranty. That's all I can say for now. I hope its enough to help.

Latest posts

Latest posts