What's new

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

G

greenmatter

Was just discussing killing PM with UVC with a buddy, aint got time to check back through the whole thread to see if this has been something discussed, esp in bloom as alternative to any sprays. whats the general consensus on UVC? i know it can be dangerous!
Ive seen Eagle is effective, who stocks that in the UK?

as touted by UG magazine(front cover) issue? got it somewhere around here.

i did a lot of reading on UVC around the time i found out about eagle 20. UVC does work but it won't kill the PM in a plant that is infected already. there are also big problems with how to really make it effective in a garden. UVC is bad for you so you almost have to automate any system. distance from what you are trying to kill is a huge issue, and exposure time to the UVC light are crucial. any "shady" spots and some PM will survive.

they are doing good stuff with UVC on the commercial green house level, and i am sure when they get it figured out some things we will see workable systems at our level.

when they get the UVC working as well as eagle did for me, i will be investing in that

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
well if my experance has any thing to do with this i have to agree with krunch, i used sulpher for a couple years, it helped but never cured it, i burnt leaves and slowed growth a few times untill i got it dialed in but pm always returned, two sprays with eagle 20 on flowering plants, all veg plants and all moms and i havent seen a hint of pm in over a year, if i do it will be eagle 20 again and not worry about it, i dont even know where my old burner is .

CFP65

It looks like the Eagle 20EW comes in two strengths
20EW = almost 20% active ingredients and
40WP = almost 40% active ingredients (discontinued)

http://www.sunshinegardensfl.com/servlet/the-218/EAGLE-20EW-Fungicide-Systhane-dsh-/Detail

this is the label for Eagle 20EW
http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld6DG000.pdf

and this is the label for Bayer Systhane Fungus fighter
http://media.pitchcare.com/O/B2u7zixLOS.pdf

am i wrong in thinking that these are the same products?

can anyone here do the maths for me, i cant get it with the strengths?
does it not look like the Bayer thing is about 1/100 less in strenght?

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Just one mans humble opinon,
but as 1 who has had PM I used the eagle 20 on 3 seprate ocasions over a 3 week period.
That was over a year and a half ago.
I have not seen not one bit of PM since.
So I have be to one of those that will say it cures it for me.

Stay safe and high.
.........HYDRO......

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Yeah, gotta affirm what Hydro said above......same dealio here....had PM around the time he had it........was motherf*cking off the charts....tried everything under the sun to just manage the shit.......

Eagle killed it friggin dead as a doornail....end of story.

Krunchbubble was and is a demigod for the info. Best suggestion I ever got from anyone about anything.....and you can take that to the bank.

Thanks Krunchy!!!!!!! :)

It looks like the Eagle 20EW comes in two strengths
20EW = almost 20% active ingredients and
40WP = almost 40% active ingredients (discontinued)

http://www.sunshinegardensfl.com/servlet/the-218/EAGLE-20EW-Fungicide-Systhane-dsh-/Detail

this is the label for Eagle 20EW
http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld6DG000.pdf

and this is the label for Bayer Systhane Fungus fighter
http://media.pitchcare.com/O/B2u7zixLOS.pdf

am i wrong in thinking that these are the same products?

can anyone here do the maths for me, i cant get it with the strengths?
does it not look like the Bayer thing is about 1/100 less in strenght?

Markting markting markting, there are endless Herbicides,fungicides, multi-sides and insecticides out there with different labels, and he exact same active ingredients, even from the same company. Read ables, next time your at the garden Center.
just passing by, chow.:wave:

CFP65

@ SirTokealot

i know its marketing, but i also know that Eagle 20EW is forbidden in my country, and almost impossible to obtain here. if i am to get hold of it i will have to smuggel it into my country, by ordering it in USA.
and hope that it does not get snapped in customs, because if it does, it will not only be a fine, it will certainly be a discovery of my grow to.
u dont just order and smuggle illegal poison and get away with it without the law paying you a visit.

And i do know that they contain the same active ingredient. and i did read the labels.
the trick was that Bayer Systhane Fungus fighter is available here in my country.

so its not a question for me to go to the garden center believe me i have been in everyone around 50km radius of my home. and read app every single label i could find.

the point is it seems that for the active ingredient to be considered safe for public use in certain countries within the EU, they dilute the hell out of it, and its the numbers i cant get.
if i am to make a soultion as strong as you americans use when using Eagle 20EW
how much am i going to use in ml and liters if i use Bayer Systhane Fungus fighter?

i dont want to burn the shit out of my plants and i dont want to create resistence either.

that is the question here.
by ansvering that you would be a great help to alot of folks in europe.

G

Guest3498

If sulfer burners were a one and done shot I would have never had to buy eagle.

The eagle has been a one and done shot for me and everyone I know!

Grizz

Veteran
Markting markting markting, there are endless Herbicides,fungicides, multi-sides and insecticides out there with different labels, and he exact same active ingredients, even from the same company. Read ables, next time your at the garden Center.
just passing by, chow.:wave:
do what you got to do, if you cant get it pm me and we can work it out, it wont be hard to mail it to you im sure.

@ SirTokealot

i know its marketing, but i also know that Eagle 20EW is forbidden in my country, and almost impossible to obtain here. if i am to get hold of it i will have to smuggel it into my country, by ordering it in USA.
and hope that it does not get snapped in customs, because if it does, it will not only be a fine, it will certainly be a discovery of my grow to.
u dont just order and smuggle illegal poison and get away with it without the law paying you a visit.

And i do know that they contain the same active ingredient. and i did read the labels.
the trick was that Bayer Systhane Fungus fighter is available here in my country.

so its not a question for me to go to the garden center believe me i have been in everyone around 50km radius of my home. and read app every single label i could find.

the point is it seems that for the active ingredient to be considered safe for public use in certain countries within the EU, they dilute the hell out of it, and its the numbers i cant get.
if i am to make a soultion as strong as you americans use when using Eagle 20EW
how much am i going to use in ml and liters if i use Bayer Systhane Fungus fighter?

i dont want to burn the shit out of my plants and i dont want to create resistence either.

that is the question here.
by ansvering that you would be a great help to alot of folks in europe.

Systemics are also banned in Canada, unless you have a applicators licence " And then its basically used for trees ". Im in a wicked dry place, PM isn't to big of a deal for me, but I could never imagine using a systemic on plants I was planning on smoking, or eating. I was just chiming in to say if it the ingredients are the same, its the same product " which happens a lot" try it out on one plant first, watch for burn.

CFP65

Thanks Joesy

But i got my Systhane bottle in the mail from england today.
it says 1,53gr myclobutail pr Litre
and the dosage says 10-20ml pr 1/2litre of water
this ads up to a solution as this
10ml systhane + 500ml water = 0,0003ml active ingredient pr ml solution
20ml systhane + 500ml wtaer = 0,0006ml active ingredient pr ml solution

you guys over there use 2ml Eagle 20EW pr gallon
and one gallon should according to the label contain 1,67lb active ingredient.

anyone that can do the math on this one.
how much active ingredient is there pr ml soulition when using 2ml Eagle 20EW pr gallon water?

i simply cant get around these numbers

grapeman

Veteran
Systemics are also banned in Canada, unless you have a applicators licence " And then its basically used for trees ". Im in a wicked dry place, PM isn't to big of a deal for me, but I could never imagine using a systemic on plants I was planning on smoking, or eating. I was just chiming in to say if it the ingredients are the same, its the same product " which happens a lot" try it out on one plant first, watch for burn.

Systemics are as safe as they come, unless you don't follow directions. Remember all compounds (including organic compounds) have 1/2 lives. There is quit a bit of science in food safety these days.

If you follow directions, detectable levels of all compounds at harvest will be in the PPM, PPB or non-detectable levels. Depending on the material used. All are safe when used correctly.

As a guy who has the USDA and Food Safety programs up his ass for a living, I can tell you that safe levels are determined by how many gallons of straight chemical can a white mouse endure before he get cancer with an outright impossibility of a human ever ingesting the same correlating amount in 20 life times.

Having said that, I haven't needed to use a fungicide in over 2 years. But I wouldn't hesitate if I see an outbreak of PM.

H2O kills mildew too. It just doesn't have a lasting effect in a dirty room or in high pressure situations.

CFP65

well i fianlly figured it out. (i think)

Eagle 20EW (20% Active ingredient)
1000ml = 200ml active ingredient
100ml = 20ml active ingredient
10ml = 2ml active ingredient
1ml = 0,2ml active ingredient

when using eagle20EW for Cannabis you use 2ml added to 1 gallon of water
2ml Eagle in 1 gallon = 0,4ml active ingredient in 3,78541178 liter water (1 gallon)
wich is the same as 0,4ml active ingredient added to 3785,41178 ml water
that equates to 0,0001057ml active ingredient pr 1 ml. brew.

now to hit that as spot on as possible with Bayer Fungus fighter
when using liters as measuerment for the brew is

Bayer Fungus Fighter
0,18 % active ingredient
1,53gr active ingredient pr liter
1ml = 0,00153gr active ingredient

this will then have to be diluted before use to reach the same active ingredient dosage as when using Eagle20Ew

and that means you will have to use 69.1ml pr liter of water to make a brew.
as 69,1ml Bayer + 1liter of water = 0.000105723ml active ingredient pr ml brew

this is as close as it comes

just be aware that the label on Bayers Fungus fighter says max 20ml pr 1/2liter of water
so you go app 3,5 times that.

to be on the safe side i just made up a brew going on with 100ml pr Liter and sprayed one plant and made a second brew with the 69.1ml pr liter to see if any of them fucks up.

will post again to rapport if it goes ape

Systemics are as safe as they come, unless you don't follow directions. Remember all compounds (including organic compounds) have 1/2 lives. There is quit a bit of science in food safety these days.

If you follow directions, detectable levels of all compounds at harvest will be in the PPM, PPB or non-detectable levels. Depending on the material used. All are safe when used correctly.

As a guy who has the USDA andexperence Food Safety programs up his ass for a living, I can tell you that safe levels are determined by how many gallons of straight chemical can a white mouse endure before he get cancer with an outright impossibility of a human ever ingesting the same correlating amount in 20 life times.

Having said that, I haven't needed to use a fungicide in over 2 years. But I wouldn't hesitate if I see an outbreak of PM.

H2O kills mildew too. It just doesn't have a lasting effect in a dirty room or in high pressure situations.

The mice Ratio is called the LD50 and its on every chemical label. That being said there are chems that have more effects on Rabbits then they do the mice, that goes both ways.

Ok you have experience in the work field, Im coming with an education back round, Just finished a semester class regarding this actually. Systemics are banned here because there was a lot of miss use, and from the miss use comes problems, and the problems were non target's gettin KO'd and leaching.

If you dont have a conducive environment for the PM to start in the first place it wont.
All I am saying is, I would nevvver put this on my plants, In the US OF A there are a fuck of alot a active ingredients that should be banned, but are used on a norm basis. Canada is much tighter with there laws, so I was taught this ideology.

Do what you gota do, Im not smokin the shit.

Herborizer

Veteran
I will take healthy-non mildew/mold weed that has undetectible eagle20 in it any day over some mildew weed.

We don't need to be afraid of science.

Herborizer

Veteran
For the record, before eagle20, I had my environment down to under 20rh. I had the mildew plague. It laughed at everything I threw at it. Serenade, lol joke. Neam, joke. Only thing that would hold it back for 5-7 days was milk.

One treatment of eagle20 and I have never seen it again.

Mia

Haha, yeah...right...? The 1000's of chemicals being invented everyday is doing the globe great :) thx for giving your input bud :)
I'm not a chemist, but everything is a chemical isn't it?
Hemlock is organic, so is poison ivy.
So we must be more discerning.
Our litmus test shouldn't simply be man made vs. non man made although I agree humans are rather irresponsible a lot of times.
I understand your sentiment, but you have not presented a scientific argument against the use of mycobutanol which would be much more helpful than your negative feelings about the use of chemical pesticides in general(a position I'm actually generally favorable to).

Latest posts

Latest posts