What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You End Salt Buildup In Your Medium Forever!!!

Tincture Sipper

Calling someone a troll is a lot more helpful than their questions about how it works.

insults > intrigue

Thanks for adding your worthless comments. :thank you:
Thanks ShroomDr. Cant beleive the shitheels with attitudes here when I asked a simple question. Too bad you cant keep the riff-raff out of here but thats what happens whan a forum is open to the public I guess. Also directly lying about me and saying I meant something when I clearly did not and even stated that I did not. Worthless haters with nothing to contribute is all. I want to know what is in this stuff, THAT IS ALL.

61-50-7

I've got a little chem knowledge, hence the user name he he..

The way I understand it based on the anecdotal evidence in this thread and the marketing materials is drip clean just increases the solubility of unused salts enabling the plant to access them.

This would explain the claim using drip clean late in a grow could trigger burn, i.e. the unused salts suddenly become available pushing the portion of EC available to plants into the danger zone. This would present more of a problem in soil or mediums subjected to little runoff. If you fall into this category run nutes lower when starting drip clean and measure EC.

Another possibility is drip clean binds to built up salts and renders them inert. This is extremely unlikely. One, why do people claim sprayers are no longer getting clogged? Two, the problem with salt buildup IS that the nutrients are rendered inert and cannot be used by the plant e.g. try letting coco dry out when it is full of nutrients, the nutes concentrate burning the plant and then precipitate and are no longer available to the plant. Simply re hydrating is not instantly effective because the compounds in the nutrients behave differently after drying out at low ph. I don't know the solubility profiles of commonly used nute compounds but I'd guess solubility behaves differently at low ph for some of them. Third, if drip clean binds to nutes rendering them inert it would seem to be the last thing one would want to add to feed. It couldn't magically start working when EC gets too high.

Third possibility is the stuff doesn't really do anything, as with any additive this possibility seems to become a point of contention between growers because there are typically too many variables to do a controlled study and those that do are labeled naive or shills when they see results.

If this stuff really does increase and maintain the solubility of nutes it is no surprise if it cuts down flush times and unused nute buildup.

I've seen far more expensive additives.

superjet

well i decided to run drip clean on this run from the very beginning, from seed in coco, canna nutes. i have been measureing my ppm runoff in relation to what i'm feeding them and now about 6 1/2 weeks, they're starting to build ppms, meaning the runoff is now exeeding what i'm feeding them, i'm hand watering to waste. even though the plants look fine i've decided to cut the ppms going in thinking that i might be (probably am!) over feeding them. am i right in thinking that even though i might not get lock out from salt build up, i can still burn my plants from too much fertilizer build up (ppms) in the media (coco)? thanks. this is only my second run and i wasn't checking for this on my first and payed dearly for it, ha ha, live and learn i guess.

lilman

Im just finishing up a comparison run between AN and H&G. I used drip clean with both AN and H&G. Fed every watering and had no lock out until week 6, flushing fixed it. H and G advises you to flush in their new adds i think.
Peace Te Lilman

compost

Krunch awesome thread man. I just picked up and bottle and am using it for the first time. I put it in my blumat res 2ml for 5 gallons of water with 8grams maxibloom. The next morning my res was milky in color. I was just curious if this was natural or if the res just had to much salt build up. I had cleaned it before use, but it was previously used with F & D tables.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find the best way to solve a problem is to figure out how to eliminate it in the first place. Otherwise, I am putting a band-aid on it.

carpster

green card meds-"There's this new stuff called magicgrow, can't remember who makes it, but it makes your plants produce ten times as much resin, and triple the yield, no matter what the genetic limitations of the plant are, or how insufficient your environmental control is."
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGTTTTTTTTTTT! Uh I can't remember who makes it but it makes my one pound a light three.............stay off the crack

Skunky-"Cool thread! I was just wondering about this stuff myself. Im ordering it right now! Thank you.:-
Really? right now? come on man have some sense or do you work for Krunch.

Krunch- Can I have your website im so interested.

People- my bad I couldn't help myself but when I see so many illusions in one thread you gots to call bullshit.....bullshit.

IC-uh hey guys I think this thread should be paying you for advertisement and wasting my time
R O F L M A O right on...

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Personally, I'd rather hit my plants with high PPM for as long and as much as they will take with no ill effect. See Lucas.

And IF drip clean can accommodate that, WORD!

I know its not hippy, but I don't wear patchouli either. (and no that was not a derog toward anyone trolls)

BongRipkenJR.

Ok people, I did a test that proves drip clean works. Keep in mind I didn't start using drip clean until week 4 or 5 of flowering. I am using Canna Coco A+B, Drip Clean, Bud XL, and some other stuff. Additives have kind of changed a little through the cycle. Anyways, here is the proof that DRIP CLEAN IS AMAZING!!!!

This is a premature UNFLUSHED bud taken at day 45! It should have tons of salts and residuals in it.
picture.php

picture.php

Okay, now for the proof that this stuff is the bees knees
picture.php

Look at the white ash! I have never seen unflushed weed burned clean. I have even flushed for a week after using GH 3 part in an ebb and flow and the buds still burned a little harsh. This premature barely dry sample actually tasted very good. Very diesely. The strain is Purple Urkel X Sour Diesel. Now imagine how clean it will be with a flush!

G

Guest 18340

Not to rain on your parade but salt build up will not appear on your buds. The salt build up is in the medium, not the bud. Also, if those buds are of 45 days, and the plant they came from is still being fed, then how do you figure drip clean has anything to do with it?
*EDIT*
Also, drip clean has P and K in it, so you're actually adding more nutrient.

Neo 420

Veteran
Not to rain on your parade but salt build up will not appear on your buds. Also, if those buds are of 45 days, and the plant they came from is still being fed, then how do you figure drip clean has anything to do with it?

I think Bong is establishing that there is no nutes in the bud, hence why he burned the bud. In any other circumstance that bud should of burned black...

G

Guest 18340

I understand what he's implying but if their are no nutes in the bud, and the plant that bud came from is only @45 days of flower, then how is his plant growing?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I think Bong is establishing that there is no nutes in the bud, hence why he burned the bud. In any other circumstance that bud should of burned black...

EXACTLY!!!! im kinda surprised it burned so white with no flush. even after flushing for 10 days, growing without drip clean, i don't think my buds ashes that white......

i stopped using drip clean, may have to go back after seeing this. but i know they changed there formula recently, i think they took out all the P@K, but not 100% sure...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I understand what he's implying but if their are no nutes in the bud, and the plant that bud came from is only @45 days of flower, then how is his plant growing?

ya, im not sure on that one, drip clean is different then anything else....

i remember when i used drip clean, my ppm's in my medium would go from 1000 ppm's to under 100 in one flush, two-three flushes, there was zero, meter wouldn't even read it....