What's new

thinking of moving to colorado, best places to live?

T

TurboFish

Hi, im thinking of moving to colorado to live and I want to vacation their a couple of times to see if I like it. Where is a good place to live at that has good jobs, marijuana friendly and is not on the east side of colorado. I want a marijuana friendly town with good jobs, low crime and not a ghetto. shoot me some places to vacation their.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Nederland is a marijuana friendly town, no jobs though. marijuana is completely legal there for adult recreational consumption.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My neighbor just moved from Denver to N. Cali. ...no jobs..so I said "why the hell did you come to Cali, their are no jobs here either?" He just looked at me and didn;t say a word , btw he's been looking for work here for over 8 months and not ONE call back, so I taught him how to grow weed Ninja! But he is probably going to be homeless soon poor guy he just cannot make enough money??

He showed me an article that said Colorado has MORE dispensaries than Starbucks and the price of boo their has fallen to rock bottom JUST like here in Cali.

Check out Michigan, no jobs but boo sells for a lot more their.

M

merlot

Hi, im thinking of moving to colorado to live and I want to vacation their a couple of times to see if I like it. Where is a good place to live at that has good jobs, marijuana friendly and is not on the east side of colorado. I want a marijuana friendly town with good jobs, low crime and not a ghetto. shoot me some places to vacation their.

Boulder is bit expensive.. but nice.

Like said above Nederland is chill.

Denver is cheaper (depending where)

Ski towns are mostly chill but more expensive as well

N around Ft Collins is nice too

T

TurboFish

so, ive come to the conclusion that colordao has NO jobs AT ALL...and they sell cheap weed. well I guess I won't be moving to colorado...

M

merlot

Not sure where you come to that conclusion... Not sure what kind of job you are looking for.. but I see tons here:
http://denver.craigslist.org/jjj/

Have never seen anyone have a problem getting a job.

And you can still fetch a fair price if it's good.

But hey, up to you ;)

NOKUY

Veteran
there are lots of jobs in colorado.....and awesome weed

evergreen co is about as good as it gets.......beautiful mountain town......no ghetto

only 40 mins to downtown denver, and about 30 mins from the slopes

a bit expensive, but well worth it.....u can rent pretty cheap cabins in the area, and most landlords in this area are friendly to mmj growing.

70421272950951698.jpg

so, ive come to the conclusion that colordao has NO jobs AT ALL...and they sell cheap weed. well I guess I won't be moving to colorado...
Bullshit man, Colorado's economy is better than the national average. People exaggerate on the internet. Go to Citi Data forums and you'd think half the state is singing slave songs while they do manual labor for 3 dollars an hour.

There are plenty of jobs in Colorado. The question is, are you willing to bust your ass for 1-2 years at a bullshit 12 an hour rate before you get promoted? If you are, the world is your oyster.

Also, the cost of living is reasonable. For me, life doesn't get much better than Nederland. The vibe there is surreal. I used to laugh at people who described the "vibe" of a town as being important, until I went to Ned.

But a 45 minute commute every day would get old. I find Boulder to be where it's at for day-to-day living. Unique; like nowhere else on Earth IMO. Ignore the Boulder haters. Most of em' just can't afford it, so they whine about trustifarians. I'll be the first admit that if I landed a mere 60k+ gig there I'd pack my shit and move tomorrow.

Shit, man, you looking for a roomy? All this Colorado memory rehashing has me in nostalgia.

NOKUY

Veteran
nederland is nice....plus being right at the slopes of eldora doesnt hurt either...i lived between ned and rollinsville in a dry cabin ($275/month) for about 3 years.

the only place ive lived that i like more than evergreen tho is seward alaska....but the economy there is garbage for 9 mnths /year

NOKUY

Veteran
.....also something about colorado that most ppl dont know

there are more mj dispensaries than starbucks in the state

....also there is a good chance that colorado voters will pass a new bill in nov. to legalize mj for recreational purposes for adults (legal for the whole state...not just the cpl of towns where it is currently legal)

:wave:

M

merlot

.....also something about colorado that most ppl dont know

there are more mj dispensaries than starbucks in the state

....also there is a good chance that colorado voters will pass a new bill in nov. to legalize mj for recreational purposes for adults (legal for the whole state...not just the cpl of towns where it is currently legal)

:wave:

And quite a few dispensaries shutting down, or getting banned from municipalities
wink.gif

Do you have a link to that bill you are talking about above?

Latest posts

Latest posts