What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking about using these "salts". Foliar salts w/ roots in organic soil?

The products that are sold as a non-sodium "salt substitute" at grocery stores appear to be composed of potassium chloride, fumaric acid, monocalcium phosphate, and silocone dioxide.

Seems like a nice source of potassium, phosphorous, calcium, and silicone.

I'm a live soil/organic grower and I've never used any salts before besides small amounts of magnesium sulfate via foliar spray a few times through out the entire grow. But I'm thinking about using tiny amounts of this stuff on a couple of my plants via foliar spray as an experiment.

For anyone that's savvy about salts, you have anything to say about using this stuff?

I'm particularly interested in where to start with diluting it. Would 1 teaspoon per gallon of water be a safe & effective ratio? And this will be foliar, not into the soil. I know with magnesium-sulfate 1-teaspoon to 1-tablespoon per gallon of water is usually what's suggested, but these other salts are a different story of course.

Obviously I'm not savvy when it comes to salts lol.

I plan on sticking with an organic/live soil approach to growing but I have been curious about small amounts of salts via foliar. Seeing what's in that "salt substitute" stuff at the store (and only $2) has me curious about trying it.

morton-salt-substitute-sodium-free-3-8th-oz-nutrition-healthy-heart-market_600x.jpg